Show About Games Show: Nerds & Red Rings

Prince Regent

Dec 9, 2007
I'm liking this show more and more, I'm a big fan of the comedy of the absurd.

And my advice would be to push the absurdity even further.

Deity1986

Jul 29, 2009
If that beginning bit to the red ring sketch was a piss take of Fringe - it was awesome. The show is definitely getting better.

-Drifter-

Jun 9, 2009
OniaPL said:
The sit-com part I did not get. What was supposed to be funny in it? Does it parody other sitcoms?
I assume you've never seen The Big Bang Theory. And for that you should be grateful.

JUMBO PALACE

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 17, 2009
Country
USA
I really enjoyed this and thought it was funny. I laughed my ass off over the red ring of death bit.

The Random One

May 29, 2008
Great stuff guys. Keep doing what you're doing.

I was wondering if you guys had a bricked 360 you used as a prop but then I remembered that a bricked 360 glows red, but a blinking red ring means problems with the electric feed. So congrats for plugging your 360 to a faulty plug to deliver it to us all.

Nikolaz72

This place still alive?
Apr 23, 2009
I kept repeating that theme song. They should totally make a one and a half minute version. Perhaps a full five minute pillowquest episode!

FlitterFilms

Oct 29, 2010
BlueInkAlchemist said:
Enough with the hate. This isn't bad at all. Reminiscent of Robot Chicken in the switching between skits. Still, if I'm honest, RROD was the best bit this week.

Also: Kitchener-Waterloo? Wow. Coolest thing to come from there since my wife and Steph Dilts.
You can't just dismiss criticism like this. The show's meant to be a comedy and some of us didn't laugh, at all. I actually got bored and found my mind drifting off which meant I had to skip back and watch it again as I hadn't been paying attention (considering the show's only about 5-6 minutes long that's something of an achievement). I'm not just hating the show for the sake of hating it, I liked the previous two episodes, on the whole this series definitely appeals to my sense of humour, but this episode was an epic fail for me; slow, predictable and boring.

I get the jokes, I see why they're supposed to be funny and why they probably sounded funny on paper I guess it's just the delivery that didn't work for me. It's a well produced, well written show though so don't think I'm just hating, I just didn't like this episode.

God Worm

Jul 13, 2009
I can't say I was amused at all during the show. Maybe I just didn't get the jokes. I'm kind of doubtful of the shows longevity, but this is only the second episode I've seen (the first being the pilot).

Kenjitsuka

Sep 10, 2009
Again quite a bad episode, with zero laughs or even a small smile on my part.
The Escapist has so much good videos... Drop this and try something else.

Last time I watched it, anyway.

dietpeachsnapple

May 27, 2009
Coliumbos said:
Game Dogs > This.
Well... that sounds kind of like a burn... A really big one... and I am inclined to agree.

Sorry if you liked game dogs.

OP:

I appreciate what they are going for, but they fall flat.

EDIT:

As a matter of fairness, I will illuminate. I understand all of the jokes they are trying to make. The problem is, the jokes are done, approached poorly, or are for the wrong audience.

Example: trying to spoof Big Bang Theory might work if BBT was something that inspired the ire of gamers. However, I would say that BBT is something that slips rather nicely into the "intelligent humor" niche that gamers tend to ENJOY! I am not going to say that this show needs to go. I will say that they need to identify their forte.