Show About Games Show: Shorts & Shorts

BehattedWanderer

Fell off the Alligator.
Jun 24, 2009
Countering your own antagonists. Well played. Distinctly reminds me of the comments following one of Lisa's Top Fives.

Fenra

Sep 17, 2008
"oh starpower, guess i better get that, oh no, i have abandonment issues, why didnt daddy love me" I gotta admit i cracked up at that, probably going to hell for it too.... still being a "bad stand up" i found it hillarious

Sennz0r

May 25, 2008
Loved everything except the stand-up 1 short. My favourite by far was Say Mr. Marston 1; That had me in stitches.
Keep the show like this, it's far better!

Mr.Pandah

Pandah Extremist
Jul 20, 2008
Best one yet. I loved it. Don't be afraid to do this style because you guys nailed it. Mr. Marsten part 1 was the best.

Swifteye

Apr 15, 2010
SextusMaximus said:
This was honestly appalling; not to mention your scare techniques for preventing criticism, making people who do criticize the show looks like idiots.

Not Escapist quality at all in my opinion, but I guess if people are enjoying it, let them have it.
scare techniques? I think your way off dude. It just seemed to be a stereotype of commenters in general rather than commenters for this show in particular. Personally I think it's pretty good for the escapist I mean you make it sound like the escapist is like some sort of high class corporate website that has a panel of judges that make sure everything looks really really classy. From what I've seen since i've known this website the escapist seems pretty lax and pretty inviting to variety of content to suit different tastes.

Steady Drain

Jan 23, 2010
Best episode yet, well done guys. I found the other eps a bit patchy. This was good from start to finish. KEEP IT UP!

Dana22

Sep 10, 2008
That was quite enjoyable. The "shorts" formula is what I wanted you to do since episode 1.

DTWolfwood

Better than Vash!
Oct 20, 2009
awful stand up is awful XD

good laughs around, did not know they had lego spartans :O

SextusMaximus

Nightingale Assassin
May 20, 2009
Swifteye said:
SextusMaximus said:
This was honestly appalling; not to mention your scare techniques for preventing criticism, making people who do criticize the show looks like idiots.

Not Escapist quality at all in my opinion, but I guess if people are enjoying it, let them have it.
scare techniques? I think your way off dude. It just seemed to be a stereotype of commenters in general rather than commenters for this show in particular. Personally I think it's pretty good for the escapist I mean you make it sound like the escapist is like some sort of high class corporate website that has a panel of judges that make sure everything looks really really classy. From what I've seen since i've known this website the escapist seems pretty lax and pretty inviting to variety of content to suit different tastes.
I think they created the sketch with scaring off bad comments in mind personally. I'm not saying that Escapist is some high and mighty corporate website either, I'm saying that this is something a 12 year old on YouTube could put together in a day with his friends and still do a better job... I'm saying this isn't Escapist quality. Hell, this isn't even GAMESPOT quality. Yeah, the site suits a variety of content, stuff like I hit it with my axe is a good example.. experimentation works sometimes, sometimes it doesn't - I personally think this is an example of an experiment not working.

Again, no disrespect to you or anyone who likes it, merely voicing my opinions.

zombiejoe

Sep 2, 2009
This was a pretty good episode, I like the more rapid fire style of the shorts. Some were a bit lack luster, but you had good ones too *like the Red Dead skit*

Steve Dark

Oct 23, 2008
I gotta say, this is the best episode yet. The shorter skits made for much more laugh opportunity, plus the focus of the humour was much more on actual games (which is good for a show about games... show).

My vote, keep this style!

TwistedEllipses

Nov 18, 2008
The presenter change comments sketch was very true to life, the comments on an episode of ITV's game-on on youtube were exactly like this...

Best skit this week was Mr.Marston.

-Samurai-

Oct 8, 2009
Awful video game stand-up #2 was not awful at all. I actually laughed out loud at it. That was some grade A comedy.