Show About Games Show: The Pilot

SonicWaffle

Oct 14, 2009
I think this has potential, if they can sort out their intial hiccups. Like how most of them can't act, especially the dude from the 'hard drive full' sketch. If they work on it, I could see myself chuckling more, there were a few moments the were laughworthy.

SonicWaffle

Oct 14, 2009
The Wykydtron said:
Also what is that song that the guy is listening too on his iPod, i have heard it before god dammit!
Heh, it's the music from Portal. Not Still Alive, but the one that plays during the game

[link]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mD3v1B_aXw0[/link]

Evilsanta

Apr 12, 2010
How could you not delete Borderlands?

I would have done if Claptrap showed up like that. :p

Great show can't wait untill the next episode.

JWRosser

Jul 4, 2006
Interesting to see the amount of diversity in response...

Was ok.
The Cooking Mama ones were kind of funny...the rest was mediocre. I smiled once I think. I'll probably still watch though, see if it gets better.

Also, was the shaky camera on purpose?

The Wykydtron

"Emotions are very important!"
Sep 23, 2010
SonicWaffle said:
The Wykydtron said:
Also what is that song that the guy is listening too on his iPod, i have heard it before god dammit!
Heh, it's the music from Portal. Not Still Alive, but the one that plays during the game

[link]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mD3v1B_aXw0[/link]

Thanks man, now i can stop destroying my brain trying to remember XD

ManaAdvent

Apr 16, 2010
That was pretty funny and not too bad, yet has potential and there is always room for improvement to be better.

Well, at least, it is 10000000X BETTER THAN GAME DOGS!

WhiteTigerShiro

Sep 26, 2008
Not quite great, but not quite bad, either. This could either be a diamond in the rough, or it'll be the next Video Game Theater for Escapist. Worth keeping an eye on it while the jury is out.

WhiteTigerShiro

Sep 26, 2008
ManaAdvent said:
That was pretty funny and not too bad, yet has potential and there is always room for improvement to be better.

Well, at least, it is 10000000X BETTER THAN GAME DOGS!
Hey! Game Dogs wasn't that- well... okay. Maybe it was.

Jan 9, 2011
While this had its funny moments, I feel that (I'm gonna sound like an ass for saying this) everything that was done here was only done better in the Game Damage pilot (and no, not just because Yahtzee was in it). I know that Game Damage is quite unrelated, but I'm just using it as an example to compare this with. Even though Game Damage (in its pilot episode) wasn't a show entirely dedicated to skits, it did feature some skits, and I felt that they were executed slightly better than what I've seen here; same style of humour, but just funnier.

Don't get me wrong, I like what I've seen here, but perhaps it's necessary to examine other game-themed/related skits and figure out what exactly made them great.

All that aside, this pilot isn't bad - it isn't even sub-par - so perhaps it just needs to be given some time to find its feet.