Show About Games Show: The Pilot

theoverall

Oct 10, 2010
I see some potential there.

Try more "things that annoy gamers" style humor, not like in the last part with the discussion.

HAWP is a good example -- they make fun of relevant recent stuff.

War-hamster

Apr 5, 2010
Well, to tell you the truth, it's the worst show I've seen on the Escapist so far... I'll give it another chance, maybe it will get better. Don't have my hopes too high though.

Iron Glorfindel

Nov 9, 2010
I did not like it. It just didn't feel funny. It's not that they did a bad job with good comedy, it was just BAD COMEDY. Like the first sketch. Guy wants to download DLC, hard drive full. Starts to delete things, but.. the game characters start coming out of the tv? What? Maybe if it was going for horror, but... humor? No. Just. No. Then they all start to argue and then everyone disappears because his Xbox Rrod'ed. Ha! That's hilarious. Totally.
TL;DR
Didn't like it.

Apr 28, 2008
Still funny. In time it may become the "Robot Chicken" of games. More or less.

Wonder when they'll show the other winner.

dalek sec

Leader of the Cult of Skaro
Jul 20, 2008
I'll be honest, I thought the "Gears" bit was kinda dull but the rest was great! :D

I love the Cardboard Clap-Trap you made for the first bit. It kinda reminds me of a cross between LRR and Doomsday Aracade so it finally looks like I'll have something great to watch on Thrusdays now here at the Escapist besides Daily Drop.

Idlemessiah

Zombie Steve Irwin
Feb 22, 2009
Hmm I like. Give a few weeks to sharpen up and this could be another of my Escapist favorites.

Timbydude

Crime-Solving Rank 11 Paladin
Jul 15, 2009
Iron Glorfindel said:
I did not like it. It just didn't feel funny. It's not that they did a bad job with good comedy, it was just BAD COMEDY. Like the first sketch. Guy wants to download DLC, hard drive full. Starts to delete things, but.. the game characters start coming out of the tv? What? Maybe if it was going for horror, but... humor? No. Just. No. Then they all start to argue and then everyone disappears because his Xbox Rrod'ed. Ha! That's hilarious. Totally.
TL;DR
Didn't like it.
I...I'm pretty sure that the characters coming out of the TV wasn't supposed to be a joke. It was what they said that was supposed to be funny.

isao

Jul 23, 2009
i don't understand why he would delete anything to make room for more K&L 2

shogunblade

Apr 13, 2009
Honestly, as long as you don't shove a Duck Hunt reference in the show (We get it; we want the dog dead) I think it will be quite wonderful.

Otherwise, great show, I am really looking forward to watching it more and more.

YouBecame

May 2, 2010
I'll be honest, I wasn't overly impressed. It felt a bit.. forced I guess, the comedy element didn't feel natural enough to me. I'll give it a chance to get better, but I do feel some improvements would be needed.

Kudos for trying though, don't get me wrong.

beniki

May 28, 2009
I can see why you might think some of those things are funny.

Good luck with the next video.

spartan1077

Aug 24, 2010
So I started it and thought;
Cool a show about games
Watched a little;
Random clip show with games in them but still information?
Watched rest;
That was pretty good. I was surprised by what it was...I'll go write a comment now

Funny though :D Can't wait 'til next Thursday