Show your face already!

Saboten

Sep 13, 2010
Because saboten = cactus in japanese and I like my forum avatar to match my username, therefore cactuar.

Yeah, that's me, it's on my facebook. Ladies, don't swoon now :p

Macheteswordgun

Jul 24, 2010
Terminate421 said:
Okay.

*Pulls off face mask*

My face is a highly perverted *straight* Ninja.
I've seen that before... idk where.... do i wanna know?

as for my face..... well everyone tells me my fb pic is scary cause the face im making and members of a band im with *profile pic ones if you can read it =P*

teutonicman

Mar 30, 2009
emeraldrafael said:
My picture is on my facebook, so no worries no I guess.

Thats me in my business shirt and tie
You look straight out of Office Space in that picture.

emeraldrafael

Jul 17, 2010
teutonicman said:
emeraldrafael said:
My picture is on my facebook, so no worries no I guess.

Thats me in my business shirt and tie
You look straight out of Office Space in that picture.
HOw do you know i'm not... is my response.

Seriously, thats just one of two real pics of me on facebook, and (god knows why) i wanted to appear professional for showing myself to the Escapist community.

Xanadu84

Apr 9, 2008
If people just used pictures of themselves as an Avatar, we probably wouldn't remember that person, because the picture is pretty small and just a picture. But peoples Avatars tend to be very specific, very wild and outlandish, distinctive things. As opposed to pictures of a while mess of primarily young males.

fgdfgdgd

May 9, 2009
Like a Jawa, i don't expose my face to anyone, and if i did pull off a mask, there'd be another mask, it's how i work :p

Tdc2182

May 21, 2009
Because there is creepy people on the internet. There are also people who want to kill my Dad. The people who tend to not just stop at the father.

That is honestly the reason.

Also, anonymity is something I am entitled to. I never troll or berate people over the internet unless provoked. The people who need to lose that privelege are the trolls and every one who visits 4chan.

Dfskelleton

Apr 6, 2010
Um, I just used this Avatar because it's cool. I have nothing to hide. I just don't really like sharing my beauty (lol) on the internet. It's just not my thing.

Chicago Ted

Jan 13, 2009
I hide nothing. In fact, I shall provide a new picture of myself to help show how not shy I am in this thread, and the security I have in myself...

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
I don't like to show myself on the internet for numerous reasons.

To act older.

My avatar could be me for all you know!

StAUG

Aug 10, 2008
For all the 'because I don't want a picture of me on the internets! Someone might look at it!' types...

Why be scared of posting a picture of yourself on here? Do you think anyone really cares enough about a teenage nerd to really do anything bad with a picture of you? Sheesh. I don't really care either way, but I don't know how to post one on here so I guess it isn't going to happen. Shucks.

Aura Guardian

Apr 23, 2008
I've been. In a lot of these picture threads
I've been called "ugly" and "ehh" so many times that too throughout my life. SO I don't mind showing my face.

child of lileth

The Norway Italian
Jun 10, 2009
Why does it bother you so much OP? Since when do avatars have to be the person themselves? And is some way zoomed out pic of yourself really better than anything that isn't you at all? What a pointless thing to get upset over.