Shower Thoughts MK2

Kae

That which exists in the absence of space.
Legacy
Nov 27, 2009
Country
The Dreamlands
Less a thought and more a "FUCKFUCKFUCKSCORPIONFUCKFUCKSHIT" type deal. Three days, two different fucking Bark scorpions in my bedroom, one that was sitting on the front of the dog tongue of my shoes, and this latest one that was just chilling in the middle of my floor (that I had just been walking around on no less) and with my dog right next to me I almost stepped on the fucker. Literally jumped and yelled in fright. Ugh, Arizona sure has fun wildlife...

EDIT: Actual shower thought, a UV nightlight.
Are they as large as the ones in New Vegas?

Reactions: Mister Mumbler

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
Less a thought and more a "FUCKFUCKFUCKSCORPIONFUCKFUCKSHIT" type deal. Three days, two different fucking Bark scorpions in my bedroom, one that was sitting on the front of the dog tongue of my shoes, and this latest one that was just chilling in the middle of my floor (that I had just been walking around on no less) and with my dog right next to me I almost stepped on the fucker. Literally jumped and yelled in fright. Ugh, Arizona sure has fun wildlife...

EDIT: Actual shower thought, a UV nightlight.
It boggles my mind the types of pest species some places in the world have to deal with. Scorpions? in the house?? Fuck no. The year I moved to Texas from Ohio, I learned that geckos are common house pests down here. Absolutely not; first one I saw, I stomped on instinctively. I'm used to a brown and yellow mush in remains when I kill a spider or mosquito; the large, bloody red carcass I saw after stomping on a gecko was unexpected and I felt a little bad, but then recalled that while God gave us sentience and unrivaled intelligence, he gave pests all of outside, so they should stay the fuck out there while we stay in here sussing out nuclear fusion and whatnot.

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
It boggles my mind the types of pest species some places in the world have to deal with. Scorpions? in the house?? Fuck no. The year I moved to Texas from Ohio, I learned that geckos are common house pests down here. Absolutely not; first one I saw, I stomped on instinctively. I'm used to a brown and yellow mush in remains when I kill a spider or mosquito; the large, bloody red carcass I saw after stomping on a gecko was unexpected and I felt a little bad, but then recalled that while God gave us sentience and unrivaled intelligence, he gave pests all of outside, so they should stay the fuck out there while we stay in here sussing out nuclear fusion and whatnot.
Gecko's are basically harmless. I think. So next time, take it outside.

Mister Mumbler

Pronounced "Throat-wobbler Mangrove"
Legacy
Jun 17, 2020
Nowhere
Country
United States
Agreed. I just freaked the first time I found one in my apartment and reacted.
Yeah, some of those geckos are rather freaky looking, however the ones I've mainly dealt with have been Tucson Leopard Geckos, which look pretty cool.

Edit: Scorpions can all get fucked though, and I'm just glad I kept my claw hammer in my bedroom from smashing the first scorpion to smash the second one. That's the worst part about these little abominations, is finding one and then it disappearing on you, because then you just know that it's somewhere, waiting...

Last edited:
Reactions: Xprimentyl

Palindromemordnilap

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 12, 2020
Country
United Kingdom
Its a real shame about the gecko, because it's mostly likely in your home looking to eat exactly the kind of creepy crawlies that have instilled that instinct in you

Reactions: Xprimentyl

XsjadoBlayde

~it ends here~
Apr 29, 2020
Projection is a common human habit, it's easily done whoever and wherever you're from, and one thing that I've noticed beyond the shitty people projecting their awfulness on others, is the rather caring, empathetic and generally good-natured people unfortunately projecting their reasonable attitudes on to actual fucking psychos expecting some humanity from them in return, or even the bare minimum of meeting them halfway instead of being fucked over by them time and time again. This is prevalent so strongly in politics too. It's a problem that does need to be overcome, and I do think there are some good examples of people who can balance their empathy with a real take-no-shit attitude and sass, it's just unfortunately a bit rarer than is needed.

Reactions: Jarrito3002

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
Its a real shame about the gecko, because it's mostly likely in your home looking to eat exactly the kind of creepy crawlies that have instilled that instinct in you
To be clear, I only killed that one gecko 5 years ago; it was a knee-jerk reaction to what I thought was an ungodly huge spider. I've not killed one since.

XsjadoBlayde

~it ends here~
Apr 29, 2020
Religion is just a handy method of avoiding grief

How can anyone honestly push for positive change if they sincerely believe everything neatly sorts itself out after you die?

Last edited:
Reactions: Kae

Kae

Legacy
Nov 27, 2009
Country
The Dreamlands
How can anyone push for positive change if morality is relative and ultimately pointless?
How can religion claim to be morally objective, when that moral is wildly different from individual to individual within the same religious congregation?

SupahEwok

Malapropic Homophone
Legacy
Jun 24, 2010
Country
Texas
How can religion claim to be morally objective, when that moral is wildly different from individual to individual within the same religious congregation?
Because I'm right and everybody else is wrong.

Now when do I get elected President?

Kae

Legacy
Nov 27, 2009
Country
The Dreamlands

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Religion is just a handy method of avoiding grief
I disagree with you to an extent. In the right and caring hands, religion can be used to get a person through grief. Rather than just avoiding it. A view such as that is too narrow and simplistic. Everyone has their own views and interpretations, but religion or not, no one can avoid grief forever.

Despite being on call, the week has been great, and so far, I only had to go out once. I had to take care disposal. Unclogged it with a special wrench. The husband was a bit of an ass (keep your kids in another room you jackasses). Also, the mother spoils them by letting play with her phone too much. I am off call tomorrow, and hopefully, the person that supposed to be on call will take his turn this time.

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
It shouldn't be, I think is the point. Every adherent in a religion should be of one mind about the things relative to the religion, if the religion so commands it.

Kae

Legacy
Nov 27, 2009
Country
The Dreamlands
It shouldn't be, I think is the point. Every adherent in a religion should be of one mind about the things relative to the religion, if the religion so commands it.
Yet they aren't.

How can you know who it is that read the holy text wrong?

Your logic is flawed, for this to work the text wouldn't leave any room for interpretation, but it does.

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
Your logic is flawed, for this to work the text wouldn't leave any room for interpretation, but it does.
I'm not convinced that it does, but if you'd like, we have a 12-page thread on the subject here that you can join.

Kae

Legacy
Nov 27, 2009
Country
The Dreamlands
I'm not convinced that it does, but if you'd like, we have a 12-page thread on the subject here that you can join.
It is not necessary, the simple fact that it is a 12 page discussion, as well as that there are well over a dozen religions with different interpretations of the same text and that the discussion has been going on for millennia means you're wrong, the text can be interpreted in many ways, even if you disagree with most of them and have arrived at what you believe to be the truth, that is a simple fact Mr. Houseman, a fact pointed out by a cat on LSD!!!

You're not special Mr. Houseman you're just one of many people that thinks they have arrived to a definite conclusion, yet the discussion never ends.

Now dropping the silliness, for a bit I do want to clarify that I'm not saying that religious people are bad or that religion is bad, I'm simply stating the fact that religious people whether they like to admit it or not are also beholden to moral relativism, it can be proven as easily as asking moral questions in your same congregation and witnessing the variety of answers you will receive, that's it, none of it is meant to be an insult which the implication of the comment that started this discussion in this thread was, as it was meant to point a flaw in character of non-religious people such as Agnostics and atheists, it is but a simple clarification that we're all more alike than you might think.

SupahEwok

Malapropic Homophone
Legacy
Jun 24, 2010
Country
Texas
NOW!

What will your first reform be?!
Every Tuesday is Taco Tuesday, which will be federal holidays. We will provide employment and a path to citizenship for all south-of-the-border illegal immigrants who participate in making tacos for everyone to enjoy.

Reactions: Kae