Shower Thoughts MK2

XsjadoBlaydette

~s•o√r∆rπy°`
May 26, 2022
Clear 'n Present Danger
Country
Must
Who are the ppl liking those "first" comments found wherever you go online even to this day? Is it a cry for help? Do they need an intervention? Cos I can help with that if so, just setting up a scam university for it as we speak.

Last edited:

Drathnoxis

Became a mass murderer for your sake
Legacy
Sep 23, 2010
Just off-screen
Country
Canada
We will never see the future
If all animals suddenly turned anthropomorphic, bestiality would skyrocket, to answer in a roundabout way.
Yeah but it'd mostly be a different set of people to those who drink it now.
But like, milk is pretty good, and is a staple ingredient in so many recipes. Would it really be exclusively be drunk by those pursuing the illicit sexual thrill of drinking a cute girls milk? The more I think about it, the more I think this is an important question deserving its own thread.

XsjadoBlaydette

~s•o√r∆rπy°`
May 26, 2022
Clear 'n Present Danger
Country
Must
"imposter syndrome" seems to be the new "my only flaw is I'm a perfectionist" with the context ppl I've noticed have been using it so far. including for job interviews/applications too yes

Reactions: BrawlMan

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
You could make a portable sundial if you had a compass that allowed you to align it properly, and you stayed in more or less the same area.

EvilRoy

The face I make when I see unguarded pie.
Legacy
Jan 9, 2011
I wonder if cats ever bite their tongues or drink water the wrong way making them cough.
Oddly enough I just watched one of my cats get water shot up her nose by the little cat fountain we bought, but she's never been the picture of feline grace to be honest.

Reactions: Drathnoxis

Baffle

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
Why do people renovating say they ripped out the kitchen? They didn't go in there all bear-mode, they unscrewed cabinets from the wall and took them outside. No one says they ripped out the lounge.

Zykon TheLich

Extra Heretical!
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
Country
UK
Why do people renovating say they ripped out the kitchen? They didn't go in there all bear-mode, they unscrewed cabinets from the wall and took them outside. No one says they ripped out the lounge.
They're probably just using the same phrase that builders use, and they definitely do rip things out.

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
You could make a portable sundial if you had a compass that allowed you to align it properly, and you stayed in more or less the same area.
In this day and age, if you need a sun dial, I think its accuracy is likely not on the top of your list of priorities, and you probably don't want to stay in "the same area." When the sun goes down, your dial becomes useless, and that's when the wolves close in.

Drathnoxis

Became a mass murderer for your sake
Legacy
Sep 23, 2010
Just off-screen
Country
Canada

Meximagician

Elite Member
Apr 5, 2014
Country
United States
...When the sun goes down, your dial becomes useless...
You FOOL, for that is when I break out my MOONDIAL! Now to look up the number of nights since the last full moon... multiply by 48 (or is it 49?)... carry the, uh...

...huh...

...does um... does anyone have a calculator? Maybe just a watch? Smartphone? A smartphone would work...

Reactions: Zykon TheLich

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Ok, so we use AD/BC or CE/BCE for dates. AD/BC contains the first 4 letters of the alphabet, but if we went AD/BCE, we'd get the first 5.

Reactions: Xprimentyl

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
Ok, so we use AD/BC or CE/BCE for dates. AD/BC contains the first 4 letters of the alphabet, but if we went AD/BCE, we'd get the first 5.
Now THAT'S the kind of shower thought that leads me to believe you actually forgot you were showering, and spent a good 15 minutes just staring at the tiles. Well done.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
AFAIK, Lovecraft didn't write anything about the dustbowl, despite living in that period. Possibly because he, like most people outside the area didn't care about okies.

But if you squint your brain a bit, The Grapes of Wrath almost seems like a Lovecraftian story in parts, with the great and terrible entity of The Bank, and its human servants who don't want to destroy people's lives, but are compelled to do so.

And, you know, giant dust storms blotting out the sky, terrible drought, plagues of vermin, all inherently horrific.

But Lovecraft was more about made up issues than real ones, so wouldn't have appealed.