Shower Thoughts MK2

Absent

And twice is the only way to live.
Jan 25, 2023
Country
Switzerland
Well, you usually only have one mum and dad, but can have multiple aunts and uncles, so I suppose it saves confusion.
Good point BUT grandpa, grandma. And other countries do have little names for aunts, uncles, siblings (tata, tonton, frangin, frangine...).

Reactions: Drathnoxis

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Good point BUT grandpa, grandma. And other countries do have little names for aunts, uncles, siblings (tata, tonton, frangin, frangine...).
To avoid confusion, my nephew was apparently told that grandparents on one side are grandma and grandpa, and on the other side it's granny and pop.

Absent

Jan 25, 2023
Country
Switzerland
That's quite the crowded shower.

But still, I eerily relate to these sentiments : it's stuff about which I rant a lot, but in the french context. And I assumed things were better in the english speaking world of stand-up. Partly because there's a few good british counter-examples.

Reactions: BrawlMan

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
To avoid confusion, my nephew was apparently told that grandparents on one side are grandma and grandpa, and on the other side it's granny and pop.
Yeah my wife and I did something similar with our kids. Only we had to make a third variation for their living great grandparents.

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
If a world-ending asteroid too large to stop or deflect was guaranteed to hit Earth, would you want to know in advance?

I'm leaning towards no.

Reactions: Xprimentyl

Absent

Jan 25, 2023
Country
Switzerland
If a world-ending asteroid too large to stop or deflect was guaranteed to hit Earth, would you want to know in advance?

I'm leaning towards no.
I'd egoistically vote yes, for myself... But... letting people as a whole know could make for some rough last few days...

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States

I'm leaning towards no.
Absolutely not. I don't think anyone should know. The chaos that would ensue would make our final moments absolutely horrific, and I'd rather not face imminent death watching murder, rape, and pillaging happening all around me.

Last edited:

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010

I'm leaning towards no.
Hmmm...maybe we could do some last ditch message in a bottle stuff before being wiped out, so maybe?

This is a hypothetical, you don't work for NASA, right?

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
This is a hypothetical, you don't work for NASA, right?
Just hypothetical, because I read today an asteroid had a near miss with Earth recently, and no one noticed until it had already passed, because it's approach was masked by the sun. It was only 200ft, nowhere near large enough for an extinction event. Would be a very bad day for any city it impacted tho.

Kae

That which exists in the absence of space.
Legacy
Nov 27, 2009
Country
The Dreamlands
That's quite the crowded shower.
Maybe it was a gym shower thought, he was talking with the gym bros while shower thinking.

Drathnoxis

Became a mass murderer for your sake
Legacy
Sep 23, 2010
Just off-screen
Country
Canada
I kind of hate how predictable my thoughts are. Like, it's kind of disturbing how the same input leads to the same output. Nothing exemplifies this better than reading old threads. Example, I was reading a V1 thread on Breath of the Wilds and came across this post:
So? Minecraft looks like a NES game. Didn't stop it being one of the best selling games of all time.
And frankly having played BotW for a few hours now I think it's beautiful looking game. I much prefer it's animated style graphics to ultra realistic ones anyday
My immediate thought is "What kind of NES game looks like that? It's N64 level, at the minimum!"

Cue the response on the next page:
I'd like to see what kind of ultra jacked up NES you had that could play a game that looks like Minecraft!
...From me. 6 years later and I'm exactly the same.

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
No, but I don't want anyone to be sad I'm dead either so an asteroid sounds like a good idea.
I'd certainly be sad if you died, so I'd be glad if an asteroid took me out to spare me the idea that it took you out too.

... you're right. An asteroid is exactly what humanity needs: a great leveler that disregards race, class, sex, age, religion, belief, etc., just a massive "fuck each and every one of you the exactly same." It'd be beautiful. Tragic, but beautiful in the idea no one'd be left to feel the weight of the tragedy.

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
Why is pain the signal our body gives us that we need to shit? I mean it isn't always, but it can be. When we need to take a leak you just kinda feel a pressure, but it's not painful.

Summerstorm

Elite Member
Sep 19, 2008
Why is pain the signal our body gives us that we need to shit? I mean it isn't always, but it can be. When we need to take a leak you just kinda feel a pressure, but it's not painful.
It's painful for you? I mean... i know it can be painful IF something is wrong. (Overeaten badly in a short amount of time or slight food-poisoning i get the signal: "Yo, stomach->colon-complex here - Have some sharp pain - Attention now!" but that is not a normal occasion. )

Everything ok? Learned rhythm not in synch with your natural one (not going often enough)?