Shows which died before their time

Icaruss

Mar 24, 2011
Name you favorite show which came out of no where kicked ass and was swiftly cancalled for not being shit.Please try not to all name invader zim it was a good show but godamn.

Starship Troopers the roughneck Chronicles-amazing CGI for its time (it came out in 1999 if i'm not mistaken) Great writing (thou the fact that it was aimed at children dose hurt it somewhat with characters occasionally spointing some cring worthy one liners and using the word butt instead of ass like any sane person over 12) And Guys in powered armored shoting giant insects which is pure sweet. Its the rare show from my childhood that i can still watch (thanks youtube) and actually enjoy.

Dragon_of_red

Dec 30, 2008
In b4 Arrested Development.
I Never actually liked it, but apparently its good.
I would say Futurama, but it has a new season and all that, so I can't anymore...

Yarggg

Apr 17, 2010
Stargate Universe. Hasn't been cut yet but it has been announced.
That show is awesome.

cardinalwiggles

is the king of kong
Jun 21, 2009
i rather liked arrested development! i feel thats an obvious one but a show from my past that was cancelled would be "spaced" loved that show and also "bottom" both good english shows that ended rather early ( 3 english series) so around 5/6 shows in the series although i could be wrong about spaced

edit:
Dragon_of_red said:
In b4 Arrested Development.
I Never actually liked it, but apparently its good.
I would say Futurama, but it has a new season and all that, so I can't anymore...
Ninja'd :p ooooh and put me down for futurama too

godofallu

Jun 8, 2010
Over There
Firefly

Both focus on initially very cliched characters, but as the seasons grow the characters become some of the most fleshed out characters in television.

I will admit that Over There had some really weird homefront/affair scenes that were not needed. Still a truly amazing show though.

Zakarath

Mar 23, 2009
Firefly definitely tops the list.
And even though it was a very long running show, I was sad to see SG-1 go. It was still going strong when it ended.

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
while its not quite the same I really wish christopher Eccleston stayed on longer as the...(Ninth?) Doctor, he was awsome and Fitted the Idea of a contemporary doctor really well, I liked the no-nonsense leather jacket look

David tennant wasnt bad...but it felt like "eh Ive seen this before"..aslo I dunno I coud never take him seriously when he was being serious (I would always expect him to do the bartie Crouch tounge flick) but that said it could also have somthing to do with the writing

anyway what little of the current doctor Ive seen...I quite like

spectrenihlus

Feb 4, 2010
Yarggg said:
Stargate Universe. Hasn't been cut yet but it has been announced.
That show is awesome.
It didn't feel like stargate imo it was trying to hard at being BSG and a teen drama imo. I hope to the ancients that universe doesn't kill the franchise however. And yes I have watched every single episode of SGU and plan to finish it off however.

Soviet Heavy

Jan 22, 2010
Icaruss said:
Name you favorite show which came out of no where kicked ass and was swiftly cancalled for not being shit.Please try not to all name invader zim it was a good show but godamn.

Starship Troopers the roughneck Chronicles-amazing CGI for its time (it came out in 1999 if i'm not mistaken) Great writing (thou the fact that it was aimed at children dose hurt it somewhat with characters occasionally spointing some cring worthy one liners and using the word butt instead of ass like any sane person over 12) And Guys in powered armored shoting giant insects which is pure sweet. Its the rare show from my childhood that i can still watch (thanks youtube) and actually enjoy.
Definitely Roughnecks. I'd also suggest Cybersix. That show was kickass, but it was cancelled after 13 episodes, and banned in the US because it featured a cross dressing heroine.

rancher of monsters

Oct 31, 2010
Moral Orel, the final season was supposed to have twelve more episodes, but was canceled on account of being the darkest thing caught on film since WWII footage.

ShaggyEdiddy214 said:
"CLASS OF 3000 SING LA-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la."
"Funk what tell your grandma that we gotta THROW DOWN (AWWWW YEAAAH)"
"Hey hey hey Blob.Ya going down.the Wesley mob.Gown make ya frown."

Goodbye forever...
Awesome show, I don't know what Cartoon Network was thinking.

The Gnome King

Mar 27, 2011
Icaruss said:

I know it's been over-said but... Arrested Development. Man, I loved that show. I never watched it when it aired but my wife and I watched every single episode on Netflix one month, took us like 2 weeks to get through all 3 seasons. We'd have marathons and watch like 3-5 episodes in one night. :)

Also "Lexx" - it was quirky and weird sci-fi (also on Netflix) of the like I've never seen done again. People either "get" Lexx or they think it's inane; there's very little tepid reaction to it. :D

Game of Thrones is on TV now, tho - HBO Sunday nights - and that's my current TV craze.

isbjorn

Nov 18, 2010
BlindMessiah94 said:
Another one of these treads o_0

OT: Clone High
ah yes, so bad but so good. Firefly's been mentioned. One I loved but got canceled after it's second season was "Pushing Daisies". Clever little show about a pie maker who can bring the dead back to life with a touch and uses this gift to solve murders.

cardinalwiggles said:
but a show from my past that was cancelled would be "spaced" loved that show...
oh, yeah. Spaced was a great show. Also, your name makes me smile :)