Shows which died before their time

The Gnome King

Mar 27, 2011
foodmaniac said:
Better Off Ted anyone? Seriously, that show was hilarious.
I gotta agree with this as well. I forgot about Better Off Ted - the infomercials they did for the corporation were f'ing brilliant.

Anybody who has worked for a faceless, soulless corporation could appreciate that show. Wayyyy better than "The Office" ... :D

shogunblade

Apr 13, 2009

This was one of my favorite shows ever, and it got cancelled because ABC didn't know how to advertise it, also they are tools because Adult Swim and even HBO want to buy it but ABC won't sell it for some stupid reason.

cardinalwiggles

is the king of kong
Jun 21, 2009
isbjorn said:
haha you know they are all available for free on virgin TV in england? don't know where you are i'be recently watched them all through again save for tim playing aload of tomb raider 1 and resedent evil 1 it's still relevant! haha.

many thanks about my name. :p i found it funny two

theonlyblaze2

Aug 20, 2010
Samurai Jack. One more season, and we could have finished the series. But no! Apparently children don't like shows with a more mature writing style than "There is the bad guy! Get 'em!"

Discord

Monk of Tranquility
Nov 1, 2009
Mission Hill and Undergrads all Cartoons for some reason,

But I think they could of both gone alot farther if given the chance.

twistedmic

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 8, 2009
rancher of monsters said:
Moral Orel, the final season was supposed to have twelve more episodes, but was canceled on account of being the darkest thing caught on film since WWII footage.
I know what you mean. After watching some episodes of that last season I almost felt like watching 'Jurassic Bark' or 'Luck of the Fryish' ( Futurama episodes) so I could see something light-hearted and happy.
I also miss Invader Zim, and wish fervently, though vainly, that it can still be brought back to life, hopefully on [Adult Swim]

OutcastBOS

Elite Member
Sep 20, 2009
bleachigo10 said:
Megas-XLR. That show should still be running damn it!
Could not agree with you more!

Also, My Name is Earl. It ended on a damn cliffhanger!

Cry Wolf

Oct 13, 2010
Firefly, Caprica and Stargate Universe are my top three. It seems science fiction really doesn't get a fair run. =(

Feste the Jester

Jul 10, 2009
Invader Zim. I absolutely adore the show and its absence from television is a travesty of modern media. Also, GIR.

Gaiseric

Sep 21, 2008
Firefly is a given so The Adventures of Brisco County Jr. and Jack of All Trades(at least I have em on DVD :3)

I'll be honest I was getting into The Cape so I wouldn't say no to more episodes.

There's more but it seems I've been beaten to the punch.

smudgey

May 8, 2008
shogunblade said:

This was one of my favorite shows ever, and it got cancelled because ABC didn't know how to advertise it, also they are tools because Adult Swim and even HBO want to buy it but ABC won't sell it for some stupid reason.
There was a show!? Why was i not informed? Thank you, kind forum user for informing me of this. Now if you'll excuse me, i'm off to Ebay.

OT: Firefly and Veronica Mars. Both shows were extremely well written, featured damn near perfect casting and were also quite humorous. And who doesn't love Kristen Bell?

Gaiseric

Sep 21, 2008
Icaruss said:
Starship Troopers the roughneck Chronicles-amazing CGI for its time (it came out in 1999 if i'm not mistaken) Great writing (thou the fact that it was aimed at children dose hurt it somewhat with characters occasionally spointing some cring worthy one liners and using the word butt instead of ass like any sane person over 12) And Guys in powered armored shoting giant insects which is pure sweet. Its the rare show from my childhood that i can still watch (thanks youtube) and actually enjoy.
That's my favorite show from my childhood! Thanks for reminding me. I'll have to hunt it down now.

Sniper Team 4

Apr 28, 2010
theonlyblaze2 said:
Samurai Jack. One more season, and we could have finished the series. But no! Apparently children don't like shows with a more mature writing style than "There is the bad guy! Get 'em!"
He's hoping to one day make a movie wrapping it up, something that I will gladly pay to see myself. I enjoyed the show.

Wolverine and the X-men. Finally a good X-men TV show that I think was on par with the 90's cartoon show, and because of infighting with television stations, the show gets cancelled after one season. Anyone here seen the final episode? Tragic how the show just ends that way.

Also, Spectacular Spider-Man, Yin-Yang-Yo, Outlaw Star, and Reboot. I'm sure there are other shows, but I can't think of them at the moment.

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
bleachigo10 said:
Megas-XLR. That show should still be running damn it!
Seconded, Thirded, Fourth'd, and all the way up to One-Hundred-And-Seventy-Thousand'd.

I have yet to meet someone who hates Megas, so clearly my vote counts for the population of a small country here.

SiNCry

Jan 21, 2010
Stargate Universe
I loved that show and now, because of the cancelation, all of the movies are permanently shelved and the franchise dead :(