Shows which died before their time

E-Penguin

Jun 7, 2010
XxRyanxX said:
Feste the Jester said:
Invader Zim. I absolutely adore the show and its absence from television is a travesty of modern media. Also, GIR.
Yeah, I must agree. That show did so well, had a big fan-base sensation and the episodes never let me down. Each one was hilarious and the cartoon itself was unique from all the other cartoons. Makes me literally sad that it had to go like that, and worst of all is that I have no idea why they took it down for.. *sigh* .. We'll miss you GIR.

<spoiler=GIR>
I've heard that it had something to do with the cost of making it, An average episode of Invader Zim cost about 500,000 Dollars due to it being one of Nick's first shows that used a mix of 2D and 3D animation.

I don't have any sources, it's just something I've heard.

Qtoy

Apr 21, 2011
ShaggyEdiddy214 said:
"CLASS OF 3000 SING LA-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la."
"Funk what tell your grandma that we gotta THROW DOWN (AWWWW YEAAAH)"
"Hey hey hey Blob.Ya going down.the Wesley mob.Gown make ya frown."

Goodbye forever...
I'd almost completely forgotten that show. Thank you for reminding me. I couldn't agree more.
Also, Chowder.

Kjakings

Nov 18, 2009
Yarggg said:
Stargate Universe. Hasn't been cut yet but it has been announced.
That show is awesome.
That show is absolute drivel. It is the Matrix sequels of the Stargate world. The only downside to it being cancelled is the fact that it was funding the Atlantis movie. I would say it's the worst thing to come out of the franchise, but... Infinity [http://epguides.com/StargateInfinity/cast.jpg].

The Funslinger

Corporate Splooge
Sep 12, 2010
Zakarath said:
Firefly definitely tops the list.
And even though it was a very long running show, I was sad to see SG-1 go. It was still going strong when it ended.
Not that I watched it, but isn't that a good thing? I like when shows have a healthy run and end well before the inevitable quality drop. If only Scrubs had done the same... season 8's ending was fantastic. The ONLY part of season 9 I liked was Drew.

OT: Futurama, though they brought it back, and I think they've renewed it for another season.

quantumsoul

Jun 10, 2010
exosquad

Such a great American mech cartoon. It was targeted at kids but the great characters and mature story made it popular for all ages.

The gist is humans created a superior slave race (neo-sapiens) that rebelled and conquered the solar system and a group of humans is trying rebel from their former slaves. There's a lack of black and white between the factions keeping it interesting.

OhSnap

Feb 4, 2010
Sonic Doctor said:
Blame Stargate Universe, they canceled Atlantis because they thought SGU would do better. They F-ed up big time with SGU. The stupid little angsty space soap opera.

And then they put the planned Stargate Atlantis movie on indefinite hiatus because Stargate Universe got cancelled. Good business sense there.

TheGameXXVII

Feb 1, 2010
got to be Robot Wars for me, loved that show when i was younger, even though when the BBC sold it off to Channel Five, the one series Five made wasn't as good as previous BBC ones, and when that ended Five simply canceled it.

i don't get why the BBC sold it, it's not like Robot Combat wasn't popular, it's been years since the show ended and live robot combat shows still draw great crowds, and the Robot Wars show itself was great for merchandising. at least the TV Channel Dave is showing repeats of certain series.

Andaxay

Thinking with Portals
Jun 4, 2008
I was gutted when they cancelled Tru Calling six episodes into the second series. It was brilliant, and was just getting SO good when they cancelled.

Small Waves

Nov 14, 2009
TheGameXXVII said:
got to be Robot Wars for me, loved that show when i was younger, even though when the BBC sold it off to Channel Five, the one series Five made wasn't as good as previous BBC ones, and when that ended Five simply canceled it.

i don't get why the BBC sold it, it's not like Robot Combat wasn't popular, it's been years since the show ended and live robot combat shows still draw great crowds, and the Robot Wars show itself was great for merchandising. at least the TV Channel Dave is showing repeats of certain series.
Robot Wars ran for nine seasons (or as those over the pond call it, "series"). If anything, it stopped just in the nick of time because the ratings were slipping a bit, and a show like that must be expensive to maintain. They could probably bring it back on BBC or something and make a boom again since that shit will ALWAYS be awesome.

On topic:
Clone High

TheGameXXVII

Feb 1, 2010
Small Waves said:
TheGameXXVII said:

Robot Wars ran for nine seasons (or as those over the pond call it, "series"). If anything, it stopped just in the nick of time because the ratings were slipping a bit, and a show like that must be expensive to maintain. They could probably bring it back on BBC or something and make a boom again since that shit will ALWAYS be awesome.
yeah, i suppose keeping everything in the arena, as well as the House Robots they made in good shape, you would have to spend quite a bit of money, i mean, there were quite a few occasions when the arena, certain fixtures and the House Robots themselves were damaged and/or wrecked by the robots competing.

if any broadcaster were to bring it back, it would be FUCKING AWESOME. i swear, if the BBC brought it back, i would probably have a nerdgasm.