Shows you wish weren't cancelled

tirone231

Jul 11, 2009
Batman Beyond. The show didn't end, so much as go dry while writers and artists were being moved to the Justice League Cartoon. The final episode ever was just another filler.

Dead Like Me. Amazing writing, and a fun main character. I think it had less episodes shown that Firefly

Bezz_Ad

Apr 4, 2011
As mentioned already, Arrested Development. Shame that it got rushed in the end.

I hope that the movie, if the script is ever going to be finished, gives it a proper closure, rather than just being a really long episode.

Dead like Me. Pushing Daises. Samurai Jack.

Rylot

May 14, 2010
Been rewatching some Better Off Ted and I wish it had more than two seasons. It's quick off the cuff comments usually have me in stitches. And I will always have to mention Clone High.

FireCoroner

Jun 28, 2010
Police Squad! - In Color

Much funnier than the Naked Gun films. Cancelled for an idiotic reason. ABC's president at the time stated that "the viewer had to watch the show in order to appreciate it."

Oh well...

Possibly Leslie Nielson's finest hour. More hard-boiled detective and less Spy-Hard.

And just that they had the audacity flaunt the fact that the show was in colour... in 1982. Gets me every time

funguy2121

Oct 20, 2009
Omega1k said:
What shows do you wish weren't cancelled? Two of my favorite shows, The Event and V, have recently bitten the dust.
I love love loved Aaron Sorkin's Studio 60. Just like Arrested Development and Family Guy (1st run), and Joss Whedon's last 2 shows, it was never properly marketed or given a decent time slot. But it was friggin' narcotic.

LuckyClover95

Jun 7, 2010
I'VE NEVER EVEN HEARD OF FIREFLY WHAT THE FUCK IS IT?
I wish My Name Is Earl hadn't been cancelled. It wasn't brilliant, but it was quite good and I liked it. It would have been great to see him reach the end of his list....
Has anyone mentioned The Smoking Room? I'll be honest, I did't see many of them so don't know much about the show, but I think its sad that it ended after 2 seasons simply because the new smoking laws would have made it unrealistic.

funguy2121

Oct 20, 2009
Jon Etheridge said:
Obrien Xp said:
Doraleous and Associates. Once you enter the Archives, there is not turning back.
Awww... thanks for the love, man. And my vote goes to "Frisky Dingo". That show was amazing.
Love Frisky Dingo, but I do think Archer is better in every way. It's the same creative team, plus Jon Benjamin and a phenomenal cast.

Ainsley Bartlett

Apr 27, 2011
I love Arrested Development and I'm still hoping the film will be made. It wasn't cancelled because it wasn't being watched, it had really good viewing figures, the problem was with the people who were watching it. Apparently, the demographic who watched it didn't spend their money on the products that were advertised in the breaks. Not sure how true that is, but it's something I've heard. I miss that show so much! Shame they had to fit 18 episodes into 13 to finish it.

Farscape was awesome, but it could be argued that it ended as it did have the mini series to wind things up. The first ending was a proper cliff hanger though.

Better off Ted is another one that I miss. Only started to watch that recently and I was devastated when I found out that the "first" season was the only season. I didn't realise that it was 2 thirteen episode seasons! It's the only series I've kept on my PVR so i can go back and watch it until I get a blueray recorder anyway...

Moonlight Butterfly

Be the Leaf
Mar 16, 2011
Well technically it wasn't cancelled but I really miss Avatar :< It was really well done and funny.

I wish they would do another storyline with different characters at least.

Vorlayn

Jun 3, 2010
Brimstone. John Glover sets down a wonderful devil, the humor was fantastic, the lighting was very very well done, got the mood set perfectly....and then the networks screwed up the episode sequence and put it on a death slot >.<

ChildishLegacy

Apr 16, 2010
Dead_Lee said:
Midgeamoo said:
Edit: Forgot the most important one; Blackadder!
Blackadder wasn't cancelled, it ended. It ended well. It should never be brought back.
If you're thinking of solely the one based in the war, then no it shouldn't be brought back and yes it ended well.

But Blackadder spread throughout different time periods and had different characters (keeping a few the same), so they could make a new series in a different time period without mutilating the old ones.

Ainsley Bartlett

Apr 27, 2011
Why all this hate for SGU? I really like it, yeah, it's slower that SG1 and SGA, but it's different and enjoyable. Has it really been cancelled?

Tctsona will? Really capcha? /sleaze

MarsProbe

Circuitboard Seahorse
Dec 13, 2008
bahumat42 said:
synobal said:
Stargate (any of them save universe), Jack of All trades, Firefly (duh) and Reaper (dunno why it was canceled).
Really? so new original angles are worse than carbon copy clones.

Anyway OT
Recently the british show Outcasts ended its first season on a massive cliffhanger, which will never be solved. Shame because we are running out of sci fi as a society.
I was gutted when Stargate Universe got cancelled. What I find funny (and our friend synobal likely falls into this category too) are all the supposed Stargate fans who seem to be so happy that Universe got cancelled, because that of course now means they may finally get the Stargate Atlantis film they've always wanted. Wrong, it means you get nothing.

Outcasts had some good points and some really bad points (in my opinion) but something it (and SGU) had going for it at leats is that it wasn't another damned alien invasion series.

Sorry, I'm sure Falling Skies will be a fascinating series. Really.

Edit @Ainsley Bartlett

Yes, it has, sadly. There will be no season 3 of SGU. Syfy just think we'll be able to squint a bit, and that'll make the last episode of season 2 seem like a satisfying conclusion to the series.

rythter

Jul 20, 2009
Midgeamoo said:
My Name is Earl
Scrubs (But I wouldn't have wanted season 9 to continue)
I'm not a massive follower of series so I can't think of much more.

Edit: Forgot the most important one; Blackadder!
blackadder shouldnt have continued, that ending was probably the best possible

Owyn_Merrilin

May 22, 2010
Star Trek: Enterprise, because while it was far from my favorite Star Trek series, it got cancelled a year early, and between its poor performance and the general panning Star Trek Nemesis got, it killed the real Star Trek in the process. The 2009 movie doesn't count -- it was Star Wars with characters named after the ones from Star Trek.