Siberian Alien Outed as Delicious Hoax

badgersprite

[--SYSTEM ERROR--]
Sep 22, 2009
No way. I am shocked. :| This is my surprised face. Didn't call that at all. I seriously believed that alien which looked like a mangled chicken was an alien and not a mangled chicken.

Jumplion

Mar 10, 2008
Of course there is still going to be a large conspiracy amongst the wackos claiming that the government is "shutting him up" or something. It's practically in their blood.

Those are some pretty nifty effects, though, impressive for just a chicken sandwich.

Prof. Monkeypox

Mar 17, 2010
Really, the generic alien "found" by a lone videographer and put on youtube was a fake? I never would have guessed.

However, I must say, I didn't even consider the quality of the fake alien- it is quite excellent.

Mouse_Crouse

Apr 28, 2010
While the model itself is pretty good for home-made. Honestly I wasn't impressed at ALL with the presentation. The body is clearly above ground and not buried in any way. Where as a crash would leave a lot more wreckage and would be in much worse shape.

Therumancer

Citation Needed
Nov 28, 2007
Mouse_Crouse said:
While the model itself is pretty good for home-made. Honestly I wasn't impressed at ALL with the presentation. The body is clearly above ground and not buried in any way. Where as a crash would leave a lot more wreckage and would be in much worse shape.
I didn't catch the translation, so I'm not sure if he's saying it's a crash or something that came to the surface naturally, which does happen, meaning it was a crash a long time ago, and also means that any wreckage could be buried or long gone, and the body was preserved due to freezing, and so on.

Likewise, depending on your paticular view of aliens, and what technology they used, there might not be anything to leave wreckage behind. While it sounds like something out of "Green Lantern" there are a lot of theories about aliens using some kind of hard-energy technology, or dimensional warping to bypass what limitations we "know" exist on the laws of physics that limit the speed at which things can travel. Either of which could explain why there wouldn't be wreckage, or much of it, and perhaps why the alien body wouldn't be shredded the way we'd expect from a craft going down that used our style of engineering (ie solid metal, circuits, etc...).

Like it or not, this guy achieved his five minutes of fame, and people will be talking about this one for a long time to come.

Speaking entirely for myself, I don't dismiss the idea of aliens, but alien cover ups are one of the conspiricy theories that simply make little sense to me. I don't think widespread panic would ensue or anything, and the polical climate has changed signifigantly beyond that which justified a lot of cover up theories.

That said, there is plenty of wierd crap out there that I think *IS* being covered up, if for the simple reason that we can't explain it rather than any kind of body of secret knowlege. I for example look at what some call "The White effect" which is where people simply disappear, seemingly in the middle of their normal activities, never to be seen again. It's happened all through history, and has even involved entire towns (and that whole Tungeska event thing by some accounts). We all learn about Roanoak in school, not to mention numerous other ghost towns that are brought up once in a while. Then you have individual disapperances where someone just seems to vanish, and there is no reason or motive. Of
course in many of these cases there are probably very mundane explanations, but it's still bloody wierd, and with the amount of effort put into this kind of thing it's disturbing that we have yet to acheive any results. Consider for example that people have spent years hunting for the Roanoak colony, with all kinds of technology. Since it's disapperance all kinds of secret indian burial grounds and such have been found by one museum or another, but we've never found the bodies of those people.

Don't misunderstand this, I don't sit around shooting off massive conspiricy theories, or cowering because I think mysterious forces are bound to swoop down on me (or anyone in general) at the moment's notice. I just think there is a lot of wierd crap out there. We'll probably explain it at some point, but that doesn't make it any less mysterious, or potentially dangerous, until someone DOES figure it out.

So I won't be giving "Deli ET" any credit or conspiricy points, but I think people who dismiss anything abnormal just because it's abnormal are going a bit too far.

Formica Archonis

Anonymous Source
Nov 13, 2009
uguito-93 said:
wait wait wait, so All News Web immediately reported it as a government conspiracy without considering it a hoax? oooooooooooookay then...
A funny thing about humans: Confirmation bias. [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confirmation_bias] If a person is convinced that X is lying to them, they're more willing to believe Y when he says X is lying, even if Y is obviously lying!

Also, ObXKCD: http://xkcd.com/258/

Caliostro

Headhunter
Jan 23, 2008
HankMan said:
Only if the child was born in Chernobyl. You can't turn a kid into that^ no matter how sick you are.
He did it out of bread and chicken. I promise you you can turn a kid into that or worse. It was a legitimate concern.

SnipErlite

Aug 16, 2009
That....is really impressive given what it was made out of.

Someone give this man a job in special effects! Could save millions if he can just make aliens and shit out of the contents of his cupboards

Kargathia

Jul 16, 2009
That guy is welcome to my cupboard any day... If he can make E.T. from a chicken sandwich then I'd like to know what he can do with the ingredients for a five course meal.

Caliostro

Headhunter
Jan 23, 2008
HankMan said:
I suppose, when you put it like that. But would it technically still BE a child's "body" at that point?
Yes. And most definitely a criminal investigation in such case.

fnartilter

Apr 13, 2010
In the close-up it looked like an uncooked sausage. From a distance as if someone just left a doll in the snow.

Lt. Vinciti

Nov 5, 2009
Can you eat it....I mean he did paint it...but is it nontoxic?

He like a family BBQ now..

and now Im hungry -_-

SwishiestB0g

Aug 7, 2009
MadCapMunchkin said:
It's a cover up! The world governments are lying to us ALL!!!

*beats up inner conspiracy theorist and puts him back in his box*

No, but in all seriousness, very nice effects. Just some bread, chicken, and paint?

With talent like that, someone might say that that guy's...*puts on sunglasses* Out of this world!

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!
You have made my week! Thank you.

OT: That's pretty sweet though, now I'm hungry though.
Dam you chicken sandwich aliens! They're going to take over the world by being so darn delicious.

Dorian6

Apr 3, 2009
Maxman3002 said:
Isnt is a bit suspisious that the alien he claims to have found looks exactly like aliens in the movies? If someone claims to find an alien and it looks like the steriotypical "Gray Man" then I instantly believe it to be false, bacteria maybe but not a person with gray skin and a big head and eyes...

If aliens have the potential to look and be anything why do they alway look like people?
And always breathe our air..
And survive at our temperature...
And require water...
Exactly! Why would a species that evolved on a different planet with a completely different environment look anything like us? Why do people assume that aliens will look vaguely human-shaped with slight cosmetic differences? Is it because we have humanoid aliens (for obvious reasons) in the media? Does it have something to do with the "Uncanny Valley" idea that we apply to robots?