Sick grandad becomes first person in Britain to die on national television

Mar 30, 2010
arc1991 said:
This is wrong on SO many levels =| i can't believe the BBC have showed this!

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-stories/2011/05/12/sick-grandad-becomes-first-person-in-britain-to-die-on-national-television-115875-23124043/

I actually can't believe the Family aloud it either, it's just...wrong! The BBC says it's for science, i say it's wrong and should not have been shown! What if kids were to have see this? it's just stupid and to be honest i think the family should be ashamed!

Your thoughts?
It was his wish given with his families consent, therefore I see nothing wrong with it.

Then again, I saw nothing wrong with Gunther von Hagans' televised human autopsy six or seven years back (it was fascinating, actually).

Private Custard

Dec 30, 2007
I think it was handled brilliantly, with respect and a total lack of televisions usual flashy editing. Just an old man talking about his upcoming death.......and death itself. It was really sad, but I wasn't shocked. The whole program had been excellent up to that point, why should they stop before the story's finished?

No matter how well it was handled, there will always be people that will not want to watch it, yet will jam matchsticks on their faces to pin their eyes open, just so they have something to be outraged about.

I like to call these people 'The Daily Mail Crowd'. These people aren't really worth paying attention to as they seem to have lost the ability to avoid things they know will offend them!