Silent Hill 2 Film "Stalled" Over Director's Legal Woes

bjj hero

Feb 4, 2009
gristledemon said:
comparing drunk drivers to pedophiles? wow really? ahahahahhahahahahhahahahahahha wow.
personally? yes it is better to run them over them molest them. I have had both happen to me and being hit by a car is much more enjoyable.
Unlucky you, I'm sorry. Having said that, are you saying being left feeding out of a tube because of a car accident would do "less damage" than being touched up? I wouldn't be happy saying that. My point was drink driving ruins lives.

"england"? good for england you guys dont really hve that many cars so it would take a close study of cars to drunk driving incidents to really say whats the deal there. jsut saying there are less really means nothing.
This is more ignorant than the hahah-repeat part.
First, England. A proper noun starts with a capital letter.

Don't have that many cars? really? We are part of the EU, a wealthy and influential country, not Madagascar. The UK is in the top 10 countries for total number of motor vehicles owned. Not bad for an island smaller than a lot of your individual states. Grab an atlas some time, there is a lot to see outside North America. You should travel, it's a great experience.

dathwampeer said:
bjj hero said:
I'm disgusted that he only got 12 months for killing someone while drink driving. The guy is scum.
To be fair. If you read the post it says.

DUI and vehicular manslaughter following a car crash in which one of his passengers was killed.
They were in his car whilst he was drunk. They knew the risks, so no sympathy from me.
If you read my following post I said that it was luck rather than judgment that his passenger was killed and not a pedestrian, another driver or a passenger in someone elses car.

bjj hero

Feb 4, 2009
dathwampeer said:
You can't punish people over what could have potentially happened. So saying it could have been someone else is irrelevant. He didn't kill someone else. He killed the idiot that was stupid enough to get in the car with a drunk.

This isn't the minority report.
You are risking everyone elses life doing it, simply because you are selfish and have a false feeling of entitlement. Thats why drink driving is an offence, even if nothing else happens. It's why I can't let off fireworks in a supermarket, even if no one is hurt. Why burning down your own house is still arson, why I cant take a gun into an airport, even if i dont use it. I could go on. Your argument has far too many exceptions to work.

Hence offences that start with the words "conspiracy to..." Attempted murder, possession with intent to supply, threats to kill, demanding money with menaces...

bjj hero

Feb 4, 2009
dathwampeer said:
That.. You... That is such spattered logic I don't know were to start.

You can be punished for DUI because it's putting people at risk. You are not sentenced for murdering innocent by-standers if you don't actually kill anyone though. You are sentenced for driving under the influence. It's a separate offence.

You said he should have been sentenced for longer because he killed someone. I argue that the person he killed knew the risks so it's a dead issue. You then countered by saying he could have killed someone else..... But he didn't. You can't sentence someone for that. You can arrest them for driving under the influence which is exactly what happened.
So the victims life is worth less than poor aunt Mavis? He still killed him/her. 1 year? Life is cheap in the US.

The 'conspiracy to commit' is the actual crime you are punished for. You're not punished for murder if you intend to murder someone but don't actually kill them, you're punished for attempted murder. The 'possession' is the crime. Not what could have happened because you possessed something.

I can't explain it any better than that. It's a pretty simple concept really.
Possession with intent to supply, as opposed to possesion, carries a big sentence, whether you ever sold to anyone or not. It is the "drug dealing" conviction. Even if you have never dealt to anyone.

Large quanitity? Intent. A selection of drugs? intent. Also have perfectly legal scales? Intent, big time. Uncut drugs? Intent. All without selling (or even intending to sell) a single gram.

bjj hero

Feb 4, 2009
dathwampeer said:
I don't really know what you're trying to prove here by twisting semantics. He didn't kill a pedestrian. He killed a person who decided to get into a car with a drunk. It's as much their fault as it is his.
All I'm saying is the guy, as a drunk driver, is a scum bag and I wish he'd got longer. Due to a selfish, screwed up sense of entitlement he put the lives of everyone around him at unnecessary risk.

For me he's a scum bag at that point. He then killed someone and it was his passenger through luck rather than judgement. If I had my way he'd get slammed for everyones safety, with or without a victim.

zombiejoe

Sep 2, 2009
JAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEESSSSSSS

How long must I wait to see him on the big screen!??!?!?!

And how long until we see Maria!??!?!

bjj hero

Feb 4, 2009
dathwampeer said:
bjj hero said:
All I'm saying is the guy, as a drunk driver, is a scum bag and I wish he'd got longer. Due to a selfish, screwed up sense of entitlement he put the lives of everyone around him at unnecessary risk.

For me he's a scum bag at that point. He then killed someone and it was his passenger through luck rather than judgement. If I had my way he'd get slammed for everyones safety, with or without a victim.
Well I will agree with that. Drunk drivers do deserve tougher sentencing. But I'm not going to lose any sleep over the guy who got killed as a result of it.
We really went around the houses there to agree that we agree. The internet; Gotta love it.