Silent Hill HD Collection Gets Screenshots and Vague Release Date

LookingGlass

Jul 6, 2011
face_head_mouth said:
This would have been a Day One purchase for me if either the first game (which I love) or the fourth game (which I haven't yet played) had been included. I'm sure I'll get it eventually (I'm intrigued about hearing the new voice-acting), but right now I'm more excited for the Ico/Shadow of the Colossus collection (since I only played Ico for an hour and I've never played Shadow of the Colossus).

The screenshots look promising, certainly.
Absolutely everything in this post is what I was thinking.

I replayed both of these on PC recently and they're still very playable, so whilst this will surely wind up in my collection eventually, it's not a day one necessity.

I want to play Silent Hill 1, FFS. It's only available on the US PSN store. It was put up on the EU and presumably AU one, but removed a few days later before I even knew it was there.

RelexCryo

Oct 21, 2008
LookingGlass said:
face_head_mouth said:
This would have been a Day One purchase for me if either the first game (which I love) or the fourth game (which I haven't yet played) had been included. I'm sure I'll get it eventually (I'm intrigued about hearing the new voice-acting), but right now I'm more excited for the Ico/Shadow of the Colossus collection (since I only played Ico for an hour and I've never played Shadow of the Colossus).

The screenshots look promising, certainly.
Absolutely everything in this post is what I was thinking.

I replayed both of these on PC recently and they're still very playable, so whilst this will surely wind up in my collection eventually, it's not a day one necessity.

I want to play Silent Hill 1, FFS. It's only available on the US PSN store. It was put up on the EU and presumably AU one, but removed a few days later before I even knew it was there.
That sucks. Why would anyone remove that? It is a good game, and one of the better ones on the PSN. Oh wait- I know why. There is an enemy that looks like a child in that game, which you wind up shooting. I imagine SH1 got pulled off the store for that reason. Sorry man.

SlugLady28

Feb 24, 2011
No re-release of the first game AND they're redoing the voiceovers?

That is insulting to not just the fanbase, but to the voice actors who worked so hard on the game! I'd rather just go onto amazon and purchase the game there!

Rad Party God

Party like it's 2010!
Feb 23, 2010
Well, Silent Hill 2 was full crammed of little and subtle details for a PS2 game in 2001 and I know best, it still looks pretty good today. I think that the best they can do to "upgrade" these masterpieces (I liked 3 as well, but not as much as 2), they only need to upgrade the textures a little bit and upgrade the resolution to 1080p, nothing more, nothing less.

They both look amazing as they were back then.

It's a shame we PC gamers won't get a proper port as the original ones kinda sucked.

Toar

Nov 13, 2009
Okay, really? I HAVE SILENT HILL 1, 2, 3, 4, Origins, and Homecoming! Why in the blue F*** do I want to blow sixty dollars on 2 and 3 when I HAVE THE FREAKIN' GAMES? RAWR! It's not even a complete collection! Put a port of SHattered Memories, 1, Origins, and some of the other crap! COme on!

PLUS, I would not have to buy them again if they would just put the f***ing compatability hardware into the f***ing machine! Come on, why not be able to play my PS2 libarary on the PS3?

PLUS, PLUS, Better graphics? Silent Hill 2 looks pretty darn good as it is, challenging the look of modern games. Unless they fix some of the broken "Dead Monster" graphics, (you know, from when the joints glow after they are dead) then the game is fine and freakin' dandy.

Toar

Nov 13, 2009
BBMv12 said:
I call this gets pushed back to November...

also am really looking forward to this. I had "The Silent Hill Collection" on PS2 (SH 2,3 and 4) and vaguely recall starting 2, don't thing I ever finished it though... Maybe the promise of Trophies will inspire me to actually complete the game this time, as sad as that sounds.
Okay, that's lame. DO you still have the collection, cause you could just play that instead of buying a new 2-game set. In fact, this is for everyone, BUY THEM ON AMAZON FOR A LOW PRICE FOR THE PS2 OR XBOX. It's the same game, minus the achievements, which are as shallow addition to make people play their game. Dust off your PS2 or Xbox, download the compatability crap, or whatever, just do not feed this new craze of HD remakes.

I know, remakes can be excellent, but seriously, give us something to play developers! Don't release the old crap we beat already unless it is complete! COM-PLETE! That Means a remake of number 1, 2, 3, 4, Origins, Shattered Memories, and Homecoming in a set and then throw Downpour on us seperately for full freakin' price!

DirgeNovak

I'm anticipating DmC. Flame me.
Jul 23, 2008
Day one purchase for me. I'm a bit surprised with the re-recorded voice acting, since Konami isn't known for giving a crap about VA... let's hope it's for the best.

Lust

Mar 23, 2010
Updated score and voice overs, huh? Wonder how that will play out. I'll probably look into getting it since I don't have SH3 anymore. But then you got that Ico/SotC collection coming soon.....

Oh, uncertainty, how you beat me so.

BlindChance

Librarian
Sep 8, 2009
LawlessSquirrel said:
...I really liked Silent Hill: The Room. Then again, it was the first one I played. I'd still say it had the best story of the lot, even if the gameplay was weak.

Anyway, got my eye on this. My PS3 seems like a good investment so far.
Yeah, I'm with you on that. The Room had its problems, but it was overall a pretty darn good tale with an intriguing structure.

No, it's three that was pants. Way to destroy the ambiguity and mystery of game number one!

Sniper Team 4

Apr 28, 2010
Still can't figure out why they're leaving Silent Hill out of The Silent Hill Collection, but okay.
I wonder if it will have trophies...?

Trophy unlocked: Ha! Made you jump (and fall off of your bed)!

That honestly happened to me in three. Stupid amusement park Danny. Oh! I got another one:

Trophy unlocked: Aaah! (thump)

You all remember that mannequin right? Stuff of nightmares right there.

johnnnny guitar

Jul 16, 2010
I goto say looks great can't wait but I want to hear more about the re-recorded voice acting Im half and half on it I mean sure It wasn't great but it was part of the game
I guess if I have to I could just replay the original for the voices

Metalrocks

Jan 15, 2009
why not for the pc? SH2 was really poorly optimized for the pc. first the sound was laggy and the game crashed. after the patch it was playable but i wasnt able to save the game. the quicksaves dint work, and also the fixed save points in the game dint work. so this made it already unplayable. no one was able to help me nor google was helpful.
it also said you can go up with the resolution to 1600x.... . 800x600 was the highest i was allowed to use.
on the box it said it runs on XP. yeah, the game dint even start. but on vista it started the game, just that i had these problems i just mentioned before.
it really pissed me off that i coulndt play the game on the pc.

bobajob

Jun 24, 2011
I ran it on windows 7 64-bit, took me nearly an hour to figure it out, but u set it to run in compatibility for windows vista and run as admin., that lets the game create saves, then as soon as you see the title splash, switch back to desktop, open task manager, click "see processes from all users" and set the affinity to ONLY USE ONE PROCESSOR CORE. Then it works flawlessly, my friend. (I'm studying for CompTIA A+, as I want to get into IT. Not bad, eh?)

Metalrocks

Jan 15, 2009
i did run it as admin and i was still not able to save. sold the game many years ago. i guess i will not likely buy it again.
i played it on the PS2 (second hand sale) and got the game that way.

Treaos Serrare

Aug 19, 2009
They Really need to re-release Silent Hill(1) with these HD Graphics, it would sell like Yahtzee's oft mentioned triple cunted hooker the day the troops come home. Seriously though i wanna know the reasoning behind not selling the best game in the series(2 was awesome on all fronts yes but 1 had more pants shitting scares then all the rest put together in my opinion, and a few of the endings were total mindfucks too, like the one where we find harry concussed and bleeding out in his car hanging out the door in the winter blizzard.)

on a side note, i would very much like to personally bludgeon the asshole or group[ of assholes responsible for the travesty that is Shattered memories, it is such utter shite that i cannot play it for any extended period of time for the boredom it induces

MrSnaztastic

Apr 3, 2010
The annoying controls and camera angles made me just stop playing the Silent Hill games.
If they fixed those for the re-release, then I may look into it. If not, then I'll wait for the next movie.

Techno Squidgy

Nov 23, 2010
I've played the second one a bit because I picked it up cheap at a market. It's fantastic yet one of my mates has buggered off with the disk. I certainly think that a HD remake is worth a squirt though :D