Silent Hill HD Collection Gets Screenshots and Vague Release Date

TerribleAssassin

Apr 11, 2010
ZeroMachine said:
Are they re-recording the voice acting?

If not, count me out. That was the worst for me. It pulled me out of the game every time someone spoke, and if that happens in a game that REQUIRES immersion, then that's bad.
Completely update voice track probably implies yes.

Never played the originals, and I was planning to buy a PS3 anyway, so why not? :D

Proverbial Jon

Not evil, just mildly malevolent
Nov 10, 2009
Normally I'd be all over anything Silent Hill related... but this really doesn't interest me. I own every Silent Hill game (SH2 twice) and I have a perfectly operable PS2. If this so called "collection" included a buffed up version of SH1 and also SH4, I might consider it. Even if it were only for the sake of my collection. As it stands, even packaging together the two best Silent Hill's isn't enough for me to want this.

LadyPhera

Feb 15, 2011
Oh gosh, I am definitely looking forward to this. Those two games are some of my favorite.
As for the first, I'm guessing they aren't releasing that with this bundle because they already remade it. Although it would have been nice to have an HD version of the original too, even with all the bugs it had. Oh well I am still excited.

Callate

Dec 5, 2008
I liked Silent Hill 4. It wasn't perfect- I think the whole "ghosts" thing should have been given a miss- but it had an intriguing story, tried to move things in a new direction, and had some truly gorgeous designs.

It's a nice bit of service for fans of the series, but I think they're making some significant mistakes in only including games 2 and 3, only updating to 720p when their chosen platform supports 1080, and only releasing for PS3 (hopefully the second point is in part because the third won't be the case for long.)

Toar

Nov 13, 2009
Horny Ico said:
Toar said:
Okay, really? I HAVE SILENT HILL 1, 2, 3, 4, Origins, and Homecoming! Why in the blue F*** do I want to blow sixty dollars on 2 and 3 when I HAVE THE FREAKIN' GAMES? RAWR! It's not even a complete collection! Put a port of Shattered Memories, 1, Origins, and some of the other crap! Come on!

PLUS, I would not have to buy them again if they would just put the f***ing compatibility hardware into the f***ing machine! Come on, why not be able to play my PS2 library on the PS3?

PLUS, PLUS, Better graphics? Silent Hill 2 looks pretty darn good as it is, challenging the look of modern games. Unless they fix some of the broken "Dead Monster" graphics, (you know, from when the joints glow after they are dead) then the game is fine and freakin' dandy.
You mean the sweat? James' monsters have a sexual theme; of course they're going to be sweaty, not to mention they're like that when standing, too. Besides, if you want to talk about a Silent Hill games with ahead-of-the-curve graphics, 3 doesn't even have obvious polygons or a need to pre-render cut-scenes.

Blue-ray players have a very bad habit of damaging lesser disks, so making everything blue-ray is pretty much the way to go.

Besides, these collections are always $30. And if it's so important for you to not buy the new version, what's stopping you from getting a new PS2? Why must you make yourself look like such a jackass over so many false pretenses? Not to mention everything after Silent Hill 3 was shitty in some way or another.
Erm, okay you have a point about the newer SH games SUUUUUCCCCKing. But just because they come out with a spiffy new version does not mean that they have to do it. Yes, we need better grapical output, but why can I not put a PS2 disc into a PS3? I know you mentioned the lazer disc reader has some sort of issue (Huh? It's a lazer, how can it damage... oh never mind) but we are technologically advanced enough to fix those technical issues.

And you must admit that buying the same game is defeating the purpose of buying it the the first place. I am an SH fan, buying all of the US release games avalible short of one, but I already have the entirety of the collection on PS2. Why invest in what I already have?

And I did buy a new PS2 in Christmas 09 just so I could keep playing PS2 games. I refuse to buy a PS3 until they fix the problem of reverse capability and I won't stop bi***ing until I get my way. SO there! >P

Mar 26, 2008
While SH2 has been the pinnacle of the franchise, the original was also very, very good (better than SH3 in my opinion). I can't understand why it's been left to stagnate.

likalaruku

Nov 29, 2008
A PC release & a mod for lighter lightness is all I ask. I like to, you know, be able to actually SEE what I'm playing.