SimCity's Toothpaste Partnership Gets Off to a Sparkling Start

Nosirrah

Apr 16, 2013
EA, what are you doing? I know, people hate you, but shouldn't you make it up to everyone rather than offer out "services" to everyone who'll advertise you?

wait a minute... advertising on common products, doing prize giveaways, are you trying to get a new fan base because the old one you've neglected now hates you? I'm sure that will work out great.

Also, wouldn't this just make the game too easy? I mean, plonk down a gnome or two and suddenly you've gone from neglecting dictator to world's best leader.

Oh well, EA is already ready for burial, can't hurt to put a few more nails in the coffin.

piclemaniscool

Dec 19, 2008
Please, for the love of all that is good in the world, don't buy the console versions and try to convince your friends no to either. You want this game to be good, I understand. But it just isn't. Do you really think EA of all companies is going to fix the bugs?

Please stop giving them money. I don't know any other way to convince you. They won 2 golden poos in a row. Mass Effect 3. Hell, Sims 3 wasn't a bad game, but it was terrible on the xbox. Console ports to micromanaging PC games? There's no way that will work. So stop lying to yourself. It's not good and it's not going to be good. If you need to spend that money so goddamn badly either give it to charity, or buy some indie games.

Freyar

Solar Empire General
May 9, 2008
What console version?

The sad thing about WCIA is that EA doesn't want to listen (which is why they've won twice), and then you have everyone else getting all mad because of some ethical alternative interpretation of the poll.

kburns10

You Gots to Chill
Sep 10, 2012
At least with Doritos people might buy them once a week or several times if they like them. I don't often need to refill my Crest line of products. A fail and waste of money on so many levels.

KungFuJazzHands

Mar 31, 2013
I'm not a fan of cross-marketing, particularly EA's rancid attempts at it. Partnership deals with gun manufacturers and the US army? Dr. Pepper dog tags? Toothpaste promotions? Diesel-branded clothing for your Sims? Ugh, all that shit leaves a bad taste in my mouth. I should probably go brush my teeth with some Crest and top it off with some Oral B mouthwash.

Elate

Nov 21, 2010
TWEWYFan said:
I wasn't even sure this was real at first. A desperate money grab is one thing, but this is just insane!

I mean seriously, toothpaste!? Mountain Dew and Doritos I can understand, gaming and snack food. Not the most flattering implication but it makes sense. Toothpaste though? What is it you think we're doing when we're playing SimCity EA?
Well it does make sense, anyone that is still playing that monstrosity of a train wreck is obviously going down on EA, that's the only reason I can think of, mindless fandom. If you ask me it's very considerate.

Ed130 The Vanguard

(Insert witty quote here)
Sep 10, 2008
Kayweg said:
Legendary game franchise turns tooth paste promo.

Next up, Home Depot announces new MMORPG.
Working title "Rise of the crowbar", CGI trailer imminent.
Oddly enough a similar event occured with the Atari 2600, with brand like Quakers making games for it. Of course this was one of the reasons for the 1983 Video Game Crash so I hope your idea remains a joke.

But considering the contents of the article we are commenting about I'm a little worried.

idarkphoenixi

May 2, 2011
I'm sure Maxis, just like Bioware, will continue to claim that EA had no imput whatsoever on their "creative control".