Simple: what's your favourite live album?

Cuacuani

Nov 16, 2009
The first half of Cult of Luna's Fire Was Born is fantastic. Pity it tapers off a bit in the second half, but it's worth the tenner just for the first 4 tracks.

CrashBang

Jun 15, 2009
I almost made this very thread the other day. You see...
Biffy Clyro's live CD/DVD came out on Monday and it is, hands down, the greatest live performance I've ever ever seen!
I saw them live in Birmingham 2 years ago and they were fantastic but still nothing compared to this live album! I've seen a lot of bands live in my day and bought a lot of live albums and I'm almost always impressed but, Jesus H. Christ, Biffy Clyro: Revolutions/Live At Wembley is out of this fucking world!!!

The Cheezy One

Christian. Take that from me.
Dec 13, 2008
Kasabian - live at Brixton academy
Or
Pendulum - live at Brixton academy

Both pretty intense, awesome stage prescence.

Guffe

Jul 12, 2009
THERE ARE SO MANY!!!!
Maiden - Rock in Rio
Dio - (can't find the cd or remember the name)
Kiss - Alive and Alive III
Mötley Crue - Entertainment or Death
just to name a few!

PiercisionBass

Apr 1, 2010
Peter Frampton - Frampton Comes Alive!
REO Speedwagon - Live: You Get What You Play For
Rush - Exit...Stage Left

MrFluffy-X

Jun 24, 2009
The big 4 in knebworth...oh wait that?s the gig I?ll be at in a weeks time...I meant in Sophia, not a live "album" as such, but I just wanted to gloat ^-^

mikey7339

Jun 15, 2011
Tool's album Salival is by far the best live album I have ever heard. The rendition of Pushit from that album is exceptional.

Berserker119

Dec 31, 2009
Aerosmith's A Little South Of Sanity was pretty good, and so was Hell Freezes Over by The Eagles.

Nimcha

Dec 6, 2010
Speakercone said:
Not sure if it counts, but Led Zeppelin at Earl's Court 1974 is legendary. Indeed a lot of the old bootlegs are noteworthy as well.
Actually, that's 1975. :)

My favourite is The Song Remains The Same, by the very same band. The Stairway to Heaven performance on that is the most beautiful piece of music I've ever heard.

5-0

Apr 6, 2010
As others have said, S&M and Unplugged in New York most certainly. I'm also fond of Rage Against The Machine's Live At The Grand Olympic Auditorium.

Johnmw

Mar 19, 2009
universaltraveller said:
I'd have to go with Pink Floyd's 'Pulse'... It's just to good to hear all those classic Floyd tracks, played and sung perfectly, with such an intense atmosphere. Great album, also great DVD.
Damn ninja'd by the first poster.

Pulse is just too phenomenal, I'm normally into heavier music but the atmosphere of Pulse is incredible. Its like they find notes no-one has ever used before!
It's my favourite album, live or otherwise, and it houses my favourite version of my favourite song - 'Shine On You Crazy Diamond'

"remember when you were young? you shone like the sun.."

Andalusa

Mad Cat Lady
Feb 25, 2008
PhysicsFollower said:
Tim Minchin - Ready For This?
Metallica is pretty good too :p
I agree with both of these.

Although, I do prefer listening to live stuff rather than studio albums. There's something about the rawness of live performances that makes it better to listen to.

Snipermanic

Mar 1, 2008
The Who's Live at Leeds

or

Bruce Springsteen Live in New York or Dublin, I couldn't choose between them.