Simple

008Zulu_v1legacy

Sep 6, 2009
I've never liked Twitter. The people who created it, surely they would have known it would have been used like it is.

Scars Unseen

^ ^ v v < > < > B A
May 7, 2009
Buffy
Faith
Illyria
Echo
River
Zoe

With that kind of background, it's clear that this Joss Whedon guy is a menace to women everywhere. Pass the pitchforks!

Hutzpah Chicken

Mar 13, 2012
I remember the old days before all this social media. The day's that 4chan and 7chan fought in the Boxxy Wars.

The_Darkness

Nov 8, 2010
I can't say I blame Joss for leaving Twitter. The site has one big issue - that it is far easier to insult someone in 140 characters than it is to communicate a point. And it's even more difficult to convey a tone of voice in that space.

My sympathies to Joss Whedon - and everyone else who's had to put up with online harassment. Here's hoping Twitter finds a solution someday.

NinjaDeathSlap

Leaf on the wind
Feb 20, 2011
Not only that, but Twitter is the reductive, 140 characters thing to the power of tumblr, as retweets are functionally the same thing as reblogs.

It's why I quit Twitter after about a weekend when I first tried it. It's not a bad site. It's the very best at doing exactly what it was designed to do, but it's just not for me. I like to explain myself. I like to be long-form and detailed and to really unwrap the things I and other people say. You can't do that on Twitter. If you're not punchy, you won't get any attention, so anything that may require some kind of clarification or deeper examination gets bastardised, while attention gets showered on those who choose to say something stupid and inflammatory because it's easier for everyone to understand, and thus the stupidity gets circulated far and wide.

People need to learn that, just because the internet has the power to be an awesome melting-pot of universal discussion, not every platform is the right place to have every debate.

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
As I said in the Off Topic Discussion thread on this note:

RJ 17 said:
*In a pirate voice* Arrrgh! The loyalties of the rabid left be a harsh and fickle mistress!
Seriously, from what I can tell groups such as the over-aggressive feminists will never be satisfied because they don't want to be satisfied. If their grievances were ever addressed and resolved, they'd no longer have anything to be pissed off about...and then what would they do with their lives? They'd have lost their purpose.

SoulChaserJ

Sep 21, 2009
Liked, hash tagged, reblogged. I have no idea where to do any of that crap...nor do I care to. Social media sucks, everyone knows it and not even logic can stop it.

rembrandtqeinstein

Sep 4, 2009
burritos and soft tacos are basically the same thing except someone was too lazy to fold the soft taco 2 more times

also just wanted to brag, my local food truck has tongue burritos and they are delicious

Hairless Mammoth

Jan 23, 2013
Social Media, and the internet in general, gives everyone a voice. Unfortunately, omni-pricks, who's mission is either to make another person's life miserable or are SJWs who refuse to have level headed discussions, will make their shrill voices heard.

While I'm not a fan of his, I don't blame Joss Whedon for quitting the twitters. Would you want to spending much, valuable time out of the day blocking (or even having an assistant do it) users sending you hateful messages, with no discussion value? As fans and constructive critics have lost a method of contact with one of the major people behind the MCU, the only real winners here are the people who want to watch the world burn, and DC, to a lesser extent.

CaitSeith

Formely Gone Gonzo
Legacy
Jun 30, 2014
RJ 17 said:
As I said in the Off Topic Discussion thread on this note:

RJ 17 said:
*In a pirate voice* Arrrgh! The loyalties of the rabid left be a harsh and fickle mistress!
Seriously, from what I can tell groups such as the over-aggressive feminists will never be satisfied because they don't want to be satisfied. If their grievances were ever addressed and resolved, they'd no longer have anything to be pissed off about...and then what would they do with their lives? They'd have lost their purpose.
I prefer to see them living without a purpose than all of us living in a shitstorm. Luckily those aren't the only two options.

gigastar

Insert one-liner here.
Sep 13, 2010
008Zulu said:
The people who created it, surely they would have known it would have been used like it is.
The creators, maybe.

The shareholders though, all they care about is the ad revenue the regular shitstorms generate.

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
I don't care how silly it sounds, but one of the things I am most proud of in my life is that I have never - and will never - had an account on a social network site.

PsychicTaco115

I've Been Having These Weird Dreams Lately...
Legacy
Mar 17, 2012
Country
United States
As a taco-kin, I am offended

The comic makes a great point but my offendedness outweighs my rational thinking

Sep 14, 2009
rofl, I have a friend in real life who is JUST like that with cardcaptor sakura, except for she does it in person so it gets groan worthy when she goes off on it.

otherwise, spot on, these platforms have been lightning rods for cuntness.

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
Where's the Escapist Like button? I can't find it! D:

[sup][sup]Seriously though, this is one of my favourite strips you've put together. You have my opinion on Social Media all in one convenient place. Now I can just explain my position with a comic, like everyone else! Why aren't you on twitter Redlin? This comic. Now I want a breakfast burrito.[/sup][/sup]

Skeleon

Nov 2, 2007
I'm glad I use none of these. I actually have a twitter account, but I only used it to stalk one of the developers of The Binding Of Isaac to try and get some info on the upcoming add-on back then. Haven't touched it since. I do use YouTube, though. I know the comment sections are usually called the worst pits of damnation, but in reality, I don't think they're too bad. At least not in the comments for videos I tend to frequent.