Simply baffling dialogue.

Robert Ewing

Mar 2, 2011
Resident evil. From the moment you start playing. All of it is solid gold.

Best voice acting ever.

LobsterFeng

Apr 10, 2011
Well I can remember playing Final Fantasy 13, I'd been playing it for a couple of days and got pretty far into it. I can remember putting it in and starting up my saved game and I started to watch a cutscene. That's when I realized that I had no idea what anyone was talking about, and I hadn't really for the entirety of the game.

Vladeon

Jul 16, 2009
Basically anything overheard from Oblivion.

Citizen: "Did you hear about the neraverine? he's gone down to Summerset Isles. There's trouble in the west."
Guard in response: "I saw a mudcrab the other day."

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
Simskiller said:
"Oh I love children! But I could never eat a whole one..."

Thanks Hexadecimal.
Actually considering Hexadecimal's character, that line actually makes perfect sense. She did have a very warped sense of humour.

CrazyCapnMorgan

Is not insane, just crazy >:)
Jan 5, 2011
TheYellowCellPhone said:

Translations, man. They just have this hilarious way of going about.
O.O

That poor, poor fish...

OT: I think during either the opening or closing Japanese song to DragonBall, one of the lyrics goes "YAI-YAI-YAI-YAI-YAI-YAI-YAI-YAI-YAI SPARKING!!!"

I just about pissed myself laughing so damn hard.

S'moorejunk

Aug 22, 2011
Batman's, "I eat thugs like that for breakfast," in Arkham Asylum. It was the only thing in the game I felt Batman wouldn't say, and it caught me completely off guard.

Not only that, but I heard Joker use it again in a challenge level. At least in there it fit.

Lullabye

Oct 23, 2008
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
CrazyCapnMorgan said:
OT: I think during either the opening or closing Japanese song to DragonBall, one of the lyrics goes "YAI-YAI-YAI-YAI-YAI-YAI-YAI-YAI-YAI SPARKING!!!"

I just about pissed myself laughing so damn hard.
Well that would explain why the original Japanese title for Dragonball Z: Boudokai Tenkaichi was "Dragonball Z: Sparking"

Anarchemitis

Dec 23, 2007
TheYellowCellPhone said:

Translations, man. They just have this hilarious way of going about.
I will never be able to see upward angle shots of men holding fish ever again while taking them seriously.

Sneaky Paladin

Jan 21, 2009
Well taken out of context Homestuck has some great ones, such as. " I gave your universe cancer...Sorry "

T.D.

Feb 9, 2011
Bobic said:
Rapey man: You're a doctor, you're meant to help people.
Awesome man: I do, you have a terminal case of stupidity *shoots man* Consider yourself cured.
I'm going to have to ask WHERE is this from?

OT: Nearly all cliched dialogues and turns of phrases. I mean how difficult is it to write a character that doesn't need to use over used dialogue.

And nearly anything from Douglas Adams.

42 :D

Ldude893

Apr 2, 2010
S said:
Batman's, "I eat thugs like that for breakfast," in Arkham Asylum.
There's nothing baffling about that. Batman does beat the crap out of thugs regularly; he's just using a metaphor that you alone may not be familiar with.

OT: Chinese pirated movie subtitles can be quite hilarious.
<youtube=SzqLHiCNr0Q>

Laser Priest

A Magpie Among Crows
Mar 24, 2011

Using this movie in threads like this always feels unfair, but dammit, I can't figure out a single bit of natural conversation in this scene.

Saltyk

Sane among the insane.
Sep 12, 2010
nothingspringstomind said:
Pretty much all the dialogue in Zone Of the Enders 2 was a bit stunted and wierd.

Really fun game but a pretty bad translation effort.

To be fair, the game really was a lot of fun. I still hope Kojima will make a third game. Though, it might be hard since Anubis was destroyed, and nothing else really compares to Jehuty. I mean what could be the new BIG BAD?

smearyllama

May 9, 2010
me.vicky said:
Once I had a professor who was famous around campus for a) asking his students ridiculous hypothetical questions in a very soft, disarming voice, b) filling his lectures with long, awkward pauses in which students were unsure whether or not to say anything, and c) generally being old and useless.

Case in point: "Oh, Oedipus. Killed his father, incestuous love-children with his mother. You say, 'Oh, well, he didn't know.' OH, DIDN'T HE?" *thirty second pause, staring at the class*

And: "What if you had been a shepherd? You'd stand out there all day saying, 'Look, nature. Sheep. Stars.' "

And: "If you cheat on this exam, I will throw an unpeeled pineapple at you."
That man is brilliant.
He actually sounds like a pretty funny guy.

OT: Have you read My Immortal?
If not, go do so.
I'll wait.
Done?
Well, now you know what I mean.

SergeantAnt

Feb 27, 2011
Ldude893 said:
S said:
Batman's, "I eat thugs like that for breakfast," in Arkham Asylum.
There's nothing baffling about that. Batman does beat the crap out of thugs regularly; he's just using a metaphor that you alone may not be familiar with.

OT: Chinese pirated movie subtitles can be quite hilarious.
<youtube=SzqLHiCNr0Q>
hahaha that clip almost made me spit orange soda everywhere. "do not want" lol :D

OP: i would say resident evil but thats taken so. "hm... radio. whats going on with that... radio"

DJ_DEnM

My brother answers too!
Dec 22, 2010
This must be the turret I were looking for.

Chaos Rings Omega

lol~