Simpsons Character to Die in Season 26 Premiere, Clues Given

The White Hunter

Basment Abomination
Oct 19, 2011
immortalfrieza said:
The White Hunter said:
Hey let the "the show has been shit since [insert season here]" train roll, it's funny to watch it descend into mindless bickering.

That said I haven't watched it for years, mostly because I don't watch TV these days.

The show never got bad, it just parodies a family archetype and a world that no longer really exists.
The Simpsons is a textbook victim of the "it's popular and it's been around for a long time, therefore it sucks" hate train. It could be the best show that ever has and ever will exist (not too far off actually) and people STILL would be saying it's terrible.

For me, I actually think it's gotten SIGNIFICANTLY better after the so called cutoff that most people mention, season 10, more so since the Simpson's Movie. It's gotten to be much less about having it's head up it's rear end with messages and feel good B.S. and more about BEING FUNNY and entertaining like a comedy should be. The storylines are a hell of a lot better when they simply focus on wacky hijinks instead of trying to ram some family values or whatever down the viewer's throat.

OT: They did the same thing when they killed Maude. They made a big deal about killing off some character in the trailers and then picked some character that's rarely ever seen anyway and killed her off. I have no doubt that they'll do the same thing here.
Man somebody agreed with me on the internet.

This is real right? Usually they scream and throw things.

I found there was a lull in quality of the show in the mid 2000's but it picked up after a couple of seasons and was great while I was still watching it. Significantly smarter and more entertaining than anything seth macfarlane has vomited up in the last decade...

Frostnatt

Apr 18, 2012
NeoAC said:
You say kind of, but she wasn't really. And Marcia Wallace DID win an Emmy for voicing Mrs. Krabappel in 1992, so it could just be an official mercy killing, which make it really interesting if Flanders still has an unshakable faith in God after losing both his wives.
She is officially dead in the series.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XhKXB4bY4AI

Frostnatt

Apr 18, 2012
Baron von Blitztank said:
So, given the clues we have (The VA has won an emmy and the episode being called A Clowin in the Dumps) I've come to the conclusion that the episode will feature the death of Krusty's Old friend, Mr. Teeny [http://simpsons.wikia.com/wiki/Mr._Teeny], who's voiced by Dan Castellaneta (same VA as Krusty, Sideshow Mel and Homer). Looks like his chain-smoking catches up to him finally, and he dies of lung cancer and the whole
episode is a PSA about how smoking is bad because it kills monkeys. Atleast that's how I'm picturing it.
This is what Al Jean said.
"The character that dies is portrayed by an actor who won an Emmy for playing THAT character." and "appeared in more than one episode"

But Dan Castellaneta never won an Emmy for Mr. Tweeny. Three characters close to Krusty have guest stars that won mmys.
If it's someone close to Krusty it's either his father (voiced by Jackie Mason) or Sideshow Bob (voiced by Kelsy Grammer). It could tecnicly be Princess Penelope (Krustys ex-wife voiced by Anne Hathaway who also won an Emmy for that role). Hank Azaria already ruled out his characters and I think the wife have only been in one episode. That leaves us with someone in the Simpsons family or one of the above.

Baron von Blitztank

May 7, 2010
Frostnatt said:
Baron von Blitztank said:
So, given the clues we have (The VA has won an emmy and the episode being called A Clowin in the Dumps) I've come to the conclusion that the episode will feature the death of Krusty's Old friend, Mr. Teeny [http://simpsons.wikia.com/wiki/Mr._Teeny], who's voiced by Dan Castellaneta (same VA as Krusty, Sideshow Mel and Homer). Looks like his chain-smoking catches up to him finally, and he dies of lung cancer and the whole
episode is a PSA about how smoking is bad because it kills monkeys. Atleast that's how I'm picturing it.
This is what Al Jean said.
"The character that dies is portrayed by an actor who won an Emmy for playing THAT character." and "appeared in more than one episode"
Oops, my bad! Must've not read that first bit properly.
Still think it would be kinda funny if after all this build-up, the only character that gets killed off is the monkey.

immortalfrieza

Elite Member
Legacy
May 12, 2011
Country
USA
The White Hunter said:

For me, what I usually find a lot of on the internet is that nobody will admit they're wrong no matter how blatantly obvious you make it. All the evidence in the world won't convince them of anything, especially if said evidence should have been readily apparent to anyone with eyes long before they started arguing.
I found there was a lull in quality of the show in the mid 2000's but it picked up after a couple of seasons and was great while I was still watching it. Significantly smarter and more entertaining than anything seth macfarlane has vomited up in the last decade...
I don't think there's anybody that can honestly argue against that, even though I have liked Family Guy and American Dad more or less, it doesn't even begin to compare to The Simpsons.

Personally, I actually don't watch Simpsons that often unless it's the Halloween episodes. Mostly there's things I'd rather be doing like playing video games, but I catch an new episode or repeat every once in a while and it's still great.

Captcha: Thank you, come again

Sometimes the Captcha is creepy in it's relevancy.

The White Hunter

Basment Abomination
Oct 19, 2011
immortalfrieza said:
The White Hunter said:

For me, what I usually find a lot of on the internet is that nobody will admit they're wrong no matter how blatantly obvious you make it. All the evidence in the world won't convince them of anything, especially if said evidence should have been readily apparent to anyone with eyes long before they started arguing.
I don't think there's anybody that can honestly argue against that, even though I have liked Family Guy and American Dad more or less, it doesn't even begin to compare to The Simpsons.

Personally, I actually don't watch Simpsons that often unless it's the Halloween episodes. Mostly there's things I'd rather be doing like playing video games, but I catch an new episode or repeat every once in a while and it's still great.

Captcha: Thank you, come again

Sometimes the Captcha is creepy in it's relevancy.
Hmm. Yes.

I call that forum syndrome. It's where you can't give them a firm backhand across the chops, or hit them with the very book they choose to ignore.

Also yeah, I haven't watched for years, any of those shows. Just don't watch TV these days, prefer to read or play games with people. I do quite like american dad though, mostly cuz it's just weird.