Sir Terry Pratchett: Creating swords from meteors

Evilsanta

Apr 12, 2010
This man is awesome incarnate...And his books are awesome to.

Man i want to make my own magic sword to.

TheGuy(wantstobe)

Dec 8, 2009

An example of what a meteor blade would look like. All it's missing is a coat of fire and a hilt with four elephants carrying a disc standing atop the pommel that is shaped like a turtle

Kwatsu

Feb 21, 2007
The only way this could be more awesome is if Sir Terry then began his search for the Holy Grail.

(EDIT: think Last Crusade, not Monty Python.)

IckleMissMayhem

Oct 18, 2009
TheGuy(wantstobe) said:
Pratchett has stored the sword, which he completed last year, in a secret location, apparently concerned about the authorities taking an interest in it.
He's blatantly stored it in 'The Luggage.'

Can I be part of this epic sword-seeking quest?

Cpu46

Gloria ex machina
Sep 21, 2009
Jedamethis said:
Okay, if he dies, an epic quest to find the legendary sword of Sir Terry Pratchett begins!
You have my bow!

(sorry, it just had to happen)

SmilingKitsune

Dec 16, 2008
A man upon whom I cannot heap enough praise.
Not only is he an amazing writer of immense wit and imagination, but he has done what all those who have been knighted should do, had himself a sword forged.
My hat goes off to you Sir Terry.

Wintermute_

Sep 20, 2010
Sindre1 said:
Jedamethis said:
Okay, if he dies, an epic quest to find the legendary sword of Sir Terry Pratchett begins!
Just what I was thinking.
I'm in!
And so the Quest begins. Dibs on the final boss battle with Sir Terry for ownership of the sword

WaysideMaze

The Butcher On Your Back
Apr 25, 2010
Cpu46 said:
Jedamethis said:
You have my bow!

(sorry, it just had to happen)
And you have my Axe!

Are we making the Fellowship of the Sword?

Sindre1

Nov 8, 2008
Wintermute_ said:
Sindre1 said:
Jedamethis said:
Just what I was thinking.
I'm in!
And so the Quest begins. Dibs on the final boss battle with Sir Terry for ownership of the sword
After he dies? O_0
So...Zombie Pratchett?

Master_of_Oldskool

Sep 5, 2008
Erm... he has Alzheimer's? This is news to me.

Well, great. Now I can't ***** about his bitching about television shows and books that I like, because he probably doesn't have much idea what he's saying. Way to guilt me, GOD.

OT: Holy crap that's awesome. I must join the Quest for the Discsword or whatever we're deciding to call it.

Simalacrum

Resident Juggler
Apr 17, 2008
Jedamethis said:
Simalacrum said:
Jedamethis said:
Simalacrum said:
Jedamethis said:
May this humble juggler join you on thine quest?
Of course! But remember, last man standing gets to keep the sword.
...good time to start learning how to throw my knives as well as juggle them then, gotcha :3
You can't do that already?
What kind of a juggler are you?!
No no, a juggler is not required to throw knives... juggle, yes, throw, no. I can do the former of the two :p

There's a difference between a master assassin and a clown you know... a very small difference, which often merge together, yes, but a difference nonetheless :D

Count Igor

May 5, 2010
Good gods, he's the greatest man alive.

I mean, hiding the sword so the authorities can't take it? He's brilliant.

By the way, am I wrong, or is there another thread I posted in, about the exact same thing. If so, they do it all the time, and it seems to be ok with everyone else, but is it really a good thing for people to re-make a thread, just because it would look a bit more professional? Just my opinion here ¬.¬
Of course, it'll turn out it was made first now.

TheGuy(wantstobe)

Dec 8, 2009
After much careful thought i reckon he's hidden it in the field where he got the ore from. Now who's with me to go roming through said field looking for the Discsword with me?

akuma117

May 17, 2010
tell you what terry lives in a small village just north of salisbury (stone henge) 30 days after terry's death we can all assemble in the town centre and split up in search of clue's, WE WILL FIND THIS SWORD, I'm willing to fill the role of bard, remember people 30 days.

Wintermute_

Sep 20, 2010
akuma117 said:
tell you what terry lives in a small village just north of salisbury (stone henge) 30 days after terry's death we can all assemble in the town centre and split up in search of clue's, WE WILL FIND THIS SWORD, I'm willing to fill the role of bard, remember people 30 days.
Sweet. I eagerly await the coming day. I kinda feel bad now cuz now i can look forward to his death as being the start of the epic journey of my life...