Skinny jeans

DazBurger

May 22, 2009
A pair of skinny jeans on a girl is no bad thing... But on a dude? Ø_Ø
No wai! NO! Dont save the fabric buddy! We have plenty!

Im not sure why I feel like that... Its not because its gay(Because it IS!), I think it was something to do with the kind of people who usually wear that kind of clothing. :/

(Disclaimer: Or the kind of people I notice wearing that kinda clothes. I dont have an eye for clothing)

ShadowsofHope

Outsider
Nov 1, 2009
Bad for sperm production, among other things?

Girls, hell yes, please keep wearing them.

Guys.. there is a reason we don't share the same hip size as women. I don't go around telling men who wear them to put something else on, that's just making an asshole of myself, but.. Really?

Addendum_Forthcoming

Queen of the Edit
Feb 4, 2009
Zwilorg said:
i know this clothes stuff depends on time, and all but well...since like 200years? the man clothes (the decent ones) have stayed quite the same on the general, suit and tie. woman are just like woman they need to change to not go bananas. rock 70 outfits were cool then after a bit were hideous, etc... etc... only the decent stay the same.
and i believe that in 100years time we will still have the suit and tie to go to reunions weddings etc, and the skinny jeans will only be from a far far away universe were dudes liked to have their groin smashed by jeans (dunno why :S) that they see in pictures of emo kids on bands that were famous for like 6months... yep i dont like this new style, i prefer the hip hop style and least it leaves space for the body to breath :O
Maybe, i'm no fashion prophet. But if you take only 100 years ago during Edwardian England, or even fashion of the 50's male fashion alone has changed much all within living memory.

But the fact of the matter is that most people of my age group (and that is secret, but suffice to say I'm not that old for a generation x-er, actually I'm very late generation x tbh) and ALOT of people in my bracket wear suits, silk ties and tie clips, shirts and cufflinks half their life ... and these represent strongholds that the divergent nature of internet connections and mobile communications on business, PR, and social services will eventually remove as well.

Apart from possibly teachers, doctors, lawyers and politicians suits will probably disappear.

Chances are (particularly in education) socially accepted norms of dress will become lax as teachers recognize the power of finding common ground with their students ... dressing sensibly, but comfortably so that they may connect with their students on a social level. teachers have nothing to gain by being seen as 'alien' of their time and place.

But hey, look at female fashion alone. I quite like lolita fashion. It's fun and pretty <.< Albeit in Australia, most months it's not something you'd wear outdoors because it's not exactly comfortable. Given it's general increasing popularity maybe it will become a primary trend, possibly? Or will eventually (like so many fashion eras) achieve a middle ground between dominant fashion styles.

Zwilorg

Sep 11, 2008
PaulH said:
Zwilorg said:
i know this clothes stuff depends on time, and all but well...since like 200years? the man clothes (the decent ones) have stayed quite the same on the general, suit and tie. woman are just like woman they need to change to not go bananas. rock 70 outfits were cool then after a bit were hideous, etc... etc... only the decent stay the same.
and i believe that in 100years time we will still have the suit and tie to go to reunions weddings etc, and the skinny jeans will only be from a far far away universe were dudes liked to have their groin smashed by jeans (dunno why :S) that they see in pictures of emo kids on bands that were famous for like 6months... yep i dont like this new style, i prefer the hip hop style and least it leaves space for the body to breath :O
Maybe, i'm no fashion prophet. But if you take only 100 years ago during Edwardian England, or even fashion of the 50's male fashion alone has changed much all within living memory.

But the fact of the matter is that most people of my age group (and that is secret, but suffice to say I'm not that old for a generation x-er, actually I'm very late generation x tbh) and ALOT of people in my bracket wear suits, silk ties and tie clips, shirts and cufflinks half their life ... and these represent strongholds that the divergent nature of internet connections and mobile communications on business, PR, and social services will eventually remove as well.

Apart from possibly teachers, doctors, lawyers and politicians suits will probably disappear.

Chances are (particularly in education) socially accepted norms of dress will become lax as teachers recognize the power of finding common ground with their students ... dressing sensibly, but comfortably so that they may connect with their students on a social level. teachers have nothing to gain by being seen as 'alien' of their time and place.

But hey, look at female fashion alone. I quite like lolita fashion. It's fun and pretty <.< Albeit in Australia, most months it's not something you'd wear outdoors because it's not exactly comfortable. Given it's general increasing popularity maybe it will become a primary trend, possibly? Or will eventually (like so many fashion eras) achieve a middle ground between dominant fashion styles.
hehe lolita fashion is pretty i got to agree with you on that one :D

Addendum_Forthcoming

Queen of the Edit
Feb 4, 2009
Zwilorg said:
hehe lolita fashion is pretty i got to agree with you on that one :D
Good lolita (quality brands or well made handicrafted stuff) n.n Not that cheap stuff though. But Kuro-lolita + Sydney climate = death.

zombiesinc

One day, we'll wake the zombies
Mar 29, 2010
I absolutely love them, and always wear them. But I've seen far too many people who simply can't pull the style off, and really don't seem to understand that.

GruntOwner

Feb 22, 2009
Jack and Calumon said:
I am not a fan of them.

But when you say "Leather Trousers" I'm all ears.

Calumon: Someone get him talking about them so he puts something on! >.<
*Internet Hi 5*

Damn straight, snuggliest things I've had the pleasure of wearing. Calumon, jealousy is an ugly thing.

Skinny jeans on the other hand, no. In high school my trousers were fairly tight because no one makes school trousers for long legged slim folk, but after a few years in them I swear it's had a permenant effect on my voice. Plus, any time I see men in skinny jeans they never look older than 14. So, you know, not men.

On the ladies, not a problem, but on blokes, no. The Y chromosone was not meant to be bound in denim.

Daipire

Oct 25, 2009
andrew21 said:
I hate all jeans I think they are just so uncomfortable
Whaaaa?

What do you wear then? and if you say shorts....

No pants is better then wearing shorts...

Shapsters

Dec 16, 2008
Cowabungaa said:
On guys; burn them all. I couldn't stand wearing them myself and I really don't see why guys ever would want them. They're designed for girls!

On girls; skinny jeans have a pretty narrow "awesome" zone on girls. Too skinny and a pair of skinny jeans make you look like a sack of bones. Too heavy and...well, you get the picture. But within that awesome-zone...oh báby.

Completely negated though when such a girl would wear something like Uggs underneath those jeans. Who in the names of the Lords of Kobol thought that THAT was a good idea?!
Shapsters said:
And since you brought it up, there are few things better in this world than a well sculpted ass in a tight pair of skinny jeans. God damn... *daydreams*
Couldn't agree more brother. And since it's late spring over here now, you can guess what I'm seeing quite often. Awwww yeeeaaaah.

Yesterday we were in Holland's biggest themepark. 2 Words my friend: skinny hotpants. And LOTS of em.
Well damn, now I have a big punch mark on my screen because I couldn't help but to fist bump! XD

And yes, it seems every time I turn the corner there is yet another wonderful ass for me to look at, tis a good time of the year indeed!

wickedmonkey

Nov 11, 2009
Skinny jeans are one of my pet hates on guys, not that big on girls in them either. You need fairy legs to be able to put them on and you look like a fairy wearing them.

Although saying that I despise most of the "fashion" surrounding them too - the "scene kids" with with bright plastic shutter glasses and sparkly, frilly scarves etc.
Get a fucking grip and dress the way you want to - not the way everyone thinks is the "in" thing.

And stop with this "non-conformist" shite too.

Great. Now I'm ranting again...

BiscuitTrouser

Elite Member
May 19, 2008
wickedmonkey said:
Skinny jeans are one of my pet hates on guys, not that big on girls in them either. You need fairy legs to be able to put them on and you look like a fairy wearing them.

Although saying that I despise most of the "fashion" surrounding them too - the "scene kids" with with bright plastic shutter glasses and sparkly, frilly scarves etc.
Get a fucking grip and dress the way you want to - not the way everyone thinks is the "in" thing.

And stop with this "non-conformist" shite too.

Great. Now I'm ranting again...
This. Competely this. I couldnt say it better myself. Scene kids and non comformists are what i like to call "try harders" they try so hard to be different they look all the same. The irony seems to be lost on them.

Acier

Nov 5, 2009
while they make my calves look fabulous, they bring out my thighs waaay to much to really look good in them. I prefer straight cut jeans

sdafdfhrye3245

Sep 30, 2008
Daipire said:
andrew21 said:
I hate all jeans I think they are just so uncomfortable
Whaaaa?

What do you wear then? and if you say shorts....

No pants is better then wearing shorts...
I don't know what they are called really I guess they are cargo pants

Feb 17, 2010
Skinny jeans PFFFFFF
in my country, some of the guys that do this steal thier sister's white (i said it) low waist capris.
all in all i don't even know how they can even be accepted in public.