SkullGirl's Indiegogo Project: Lab Zero Games needs funds to finish its first DLC character.

SweetShark

Shark Girls are my Waifus
Jan 9, 2012
Capitano Segnaposto said:
When will the winner be announced? I oh so hope it is Minette!
Well, the previous announcments was always Sunday.
However I hope to win Eliza or Annie.

Btw, do you want to take part of my experiment?
See my above posts to see what I mean.

SweetShark

Jan 9, 2012
The origins of my avatar are simple: I enjoy MLP and Vinyl Scratch is my favorite pony out of all of them. So I had commissioned someone to make me an avatar using a picture I found. That is how I got my avatar. I also greatly enjoy music (especially classics), yet I always have considered myself a child. So I found a Filly Vinyl biting into (consuming) a Vinyl Record. To me this is indicative of my childish love to consume classics (regarding music or any media really).

As for my favorite Skull Girls Characters? Honestly, pre-DLC it was Cerebella/Peacock. Now it is Squiggly/Minette. I am unsure what team I will focus on when I get all the DLC (if Minette wins, of course). If Minette doesn't win, I will be using a Cerebella/Peacock/Squiggly team. Also, I just like Cerebella's voice. I don't know why, I just do. Peacock is just hilarious and fun to play as, and Squiggly just seems really interesting.
Because I need to know your first favourite character, which from them you choose?

SweetShark

Jan 9, 2012
SweetShark said:
The origins of my avatar are simple: I enjoy MLP and Vinyl Scratch is my favorite pony out of all of them. So I had commissioned someone to make me an avatar using a picture I found. That is how I got my avatar. I also greatly enjoy music (especially classics), yet I always have considered myself a child. So I found a Filly Vinyl biting into (consuming) a Vinyl Record. To me this is indicative of my childish love to consume classics (regarding music or any media really).

As for my favorite Skull Girls Characters? Honestly, pre-DLC it was Cerebella/Peacock. Now it is Squiggly/Minette. I am unsure what team I will focus on when I get all the DLC (if Minette wins, of course). If Minette doesn't win, I will be using a Cerebella/Peacock/Squiggly team. Also, I just like Cerebella's voice. I don't know why, I just do. Peacock is just hilarious and fun to play as, and Squiggly just seems really interesting.
Because I need to know your first favourite character, which from them you choose?
Honestly, it is a tie between Cerebella and Minette.

Choose whichever one you prefer.
Oh well, then I with combine them somehow.
But I must say this will be interesting.

Of course if I succeed with my experiment.

Maximum Bert

Feb 3, 2013
I am glad Eliza won I think out of all the ones in the final her winning pleased the largest amount of people without attracting a huge amount of hate.

Also gotta say I am liking her current art a lot she actually looks really cool now as opposed to how she looked in the original voting poll which was my only criticism of her and why she wasnt automatically my number one instead having to draw with Minette but now Eliza takes top place actually depending on how she turns out in the final game I could end up liking her more than Valentine or *shock* even Squiggly.

Seriously hope they do keep how she looks now and not how she did look which I am sure they will as I suspect they actually started to think about finalising her design after the voting started and this is what they have come up with and for that I am grateful (although its speculation on my part). I actually voted for Minette because I flipped a coin to see who I would vote for between her and Eliza and it came up tails for Minette so thats where my vote went but I am not disappointed by the result at all in fact im extremely happy finally I have a team Valentine / Squiggly / Eliza hell yes (or some such order).

Apparently in the next round they are going to exclude Minnette , Annie and Aeon or at least from the rumours I have heard anyway which would be a shame I mean I get why but cmon guys they are the next most popular I mean excluding them dosent exactly free up the poll it probably just means the 5th 6th and 7th and 8th get in into the finals instead unless ofc all those freed up votes latch onto a widely different character which would piss off the haters anyway.

Will see what happens anyway as well as whether the way of voting changes (which in my mind would be better than banning characters) for the next poll which starts in exactly ??? amount of time.

Anyway next time its Minette all the way for me unless shes banned (for some stupid reason) then I will just vote for whoever I dont really care to be honest I have Squiggly and Eliza, Minette is the only other one I want to play as maybe I will vote for Andy the anvil guy as a joke lol if he took it there would be hell to pay I swear not from me though I dont care who gets in next if Minette is exclusionaried (yeah its a word trust me).

scorptatious

The Resident Team ICO Fanboy
May 14, 2009
SweetShark said:
Well, it seems tommorow I will have time to start my little project related with Skullgirls.
I will not say what it is, but if someone else want to be part of this, I need to learn two things from all of you:

-The origin of your recent Avatar.
-Your favourite character [all of them, even the DLC and Mystery characters] from Skullgirls series.
Well, my avatar here is a Little Sister from the Bioshock games. I was watching an LP of the game and this particular image was used in the intro of every episode. I liked it, so I searched through Google Images and made it my avatar.

-My favorite character is Peacock. No doubt about it. I enjoy her character, her design, her playstyle, everything.

SweetShark

Jan 9, 2012
Damn! I was out the whole day and didn't have the chance to post the results of the contest myself >_<

Well, I am very glad to see Eliza to becoming the next DLC characters.
Also I must comment that it seems the developers doesn't have a problem anymore with the big amounts of blood in the game after all XD

SweetShark

Jan 9, 2012
I also Realised we have three different DLC characters that have a big relation with music:

-Squigly an opera singer.
-Big Band having weapons base the power of Jazz ;p
-Eliza a club singer.

Well, now we need a minigame base of music now XD

SweetShark

Jan 9, 2012
Just for fan I will post the story Eliza have in the game:

Story:
A celebrity diva known for her charity, Eliza has been a host to the skeletal Parasite Sekhmet for countless years, completely internal and hidden from everyone. In reality, Eliza?s charity blood drives primarily serve to feed Sekhmet and preserve her own beauty. When the Medicis found out, they blackmailed Eliza and forced her to use her vampiric abilities for their own purposes. Now forced into the pursuit for the Skull Heart, an ancient ambition stirs... one that Samson and Leviathan are all too familiar with.

SweetShark

Jan 9, 2012
Good news everyone!!! The LabZero send a email to inform us that we are ready to receive some of the items we get because of our contribution!!!!!
Check your emails and the details to see how you can get them.
Cheers!!!!

RaikuFA

Jun 12, 2009
So can anyone tell me why this game's tutorial refuses to help me at all?

The stuff it tries to teach will not work.

Maximum Bert

Feb 3, 2013
RaikuFA said:

I can try and help but what are you having trouble with pulling off moves? blocking? breaking throws? mix ups? combos? your going to have to expand what is the issue.

I havent played the tutorial since the patch (after its just expanded I believe) but the original definitely helped explain things to me and it does definitely work so to speak its actually one of the better tutorials for fighting games not that thats saying a lot.

Also what platform are you playing on?

Kitsune Hunter

What a beautiful Duwang!
Dec 18, 2011
RaikuFA said:

I'm having the same problem myself, I downloaded it early this week off of XBLA, but when I was going through the tutorial, it's not letting me pull off some moves such as specials, certain tag team moves etc. and for some reason blocking wasn't working for me when actually playing a match. For anyone who has played the game, can I get some advice in case I maybe doing something wrong

Maximum Bert

Feb 3, 2013
Kitsune Hunter said:
RaikuFA said:

I'm having the same problem myself, I downloaded it early this week off of XBLA, but when I was going through the tutorial, it's not letting me pull off some moves such as specials, certain tag team moves etc. and for some reason blocking wasn't working for me when actually playing a match. For anyone who has played the game, can I get some advice in case I maybe doing something wrong
Can you give specific tutorial numbers you are having problems with? this seems very strange I have it on PSN so I have the patched version now but I completed the unpatched tutorial no probs everything worked fine.

If you give specifics I can try and help by taking a look unfortunately I only have it on PS3 do if its a Xbox bug I cant do anything but otherwise if its an execution thing I could help a little hopefully.

As for blocking are you absolutely sure you are blocking correctly i.e blocking the correct way on crossups standing block for overheads and crouching block for low attacks also you cant block when you are caught in a combo but I am sure you know that. It does seem a weird bug especially as I havent heard of it, as for something this serious to exist it would have usually been reported on quite quickly. I mean cant block thats a pretty big oversight lol.

SweetShark

Jan 9, 2012
A quick update just to inform you the second round for the next Mysterious Character had began!!!!
Check your email to start voting!!!!

Cheers!!!

SweetShark

Jan 9, 2012
Today I will post new concept arts from the characters B. Dahlia, Marie, Venus and Umbrella:

A question I have for the character Umbrella.......IS she really THIS kind of character?
I mean the cruel type of character.

Anyway, Cheers for the new arts.

RaikuFA

Jun 12, 2009
Maximum Bert said:
RaikuFA said:

I can try and help but what are you having trouble with pulling off moves? blocking? breaking throws? mix ups? combos? your going to have to expand what is the issue.

I havent played the tutorial since the patch (after its just expanded I believe) but the original definitely helped explain things to me and it does definitely work so to speak its actually one of the better tutorials for fighting games not that thats saying a lot.

Also what platform are you playing on?
It's blocking and everything past that. Also, it's the PS3.