Skyrim Armor Mods Without Boob Plates

Mar 9, 2010
Mick P. said:
I am pretty sure that 20kg is not full plate. It's just plate plate. In full plate you are a tank. You are doing good if you can stay on your horse (that you were lifted up onto with a crane)
Nope, that's all misinformation, sorry. It's extremely light for what it is and getting on a horse was just as easy as if you were only wearing your socks and pants.

http://www.metmuseum.org/toah/hd/aams/hd_aams.htm#weight_b

White_Lama

Feb 23, 2011
I stopped going to Nexus mods when cracked.com featured that list with a Skyrim mod that adds horse vaginas and anuses.

Hagi

Apr 10, 2011
spartandude said:
ive got to ask, what texture/lighting are you using here its gorgeous?
It's called ENB.

It's a post-processing dll that adds extra instructions to Skyrim's rendering calls.

To put that simply, it's a file you put on your computer that, whenever Skyrim goes 'Yo, GPU draw me this tree', goes 'and add these cool effects to it as well will you?'.

Just google ENB on the nexus and you'll see literally dozens of presets (specifying which cool effects exactly).

Some of them will murder your FPS, some are fairly performance friendly. All of them do have some FPS impact.

ENB itself you can get from another website, but installation instructions should be included in pretty much any preset.

Hero in a half shell

It's not easy being green
Dec 30, 2009
nexus said:
Trinab said:
Mick P. said:
I am pretty sure that 20kg is not full plate. It's just plate plate. In full plate you are a tank. You are doing good if you can stay on your horse (that you were lifted up onto with a crane)
That's a fallacy even if you ignored the evidence against your argument and look at it logically.

Plate that would be so heavy that required lifting onto a horse is utterly and totally impractical in any field of battle. How would they be able to move such a crane to the battlefield? How long would it take to set up the system to mount the heavy cavalry? Not to mention if you were knocked off your horse you would be useless in a fight.

People seem to assume, for some reason, that those in the medieval era and early Renaissance were stupid and would come up with things that impractical. They were not stupid, their armour was designed for easy mounting and dismounting, and to be able to fight in no matter how the battlefield changed.

Plate was a great, mobile piece of armor that gave great advantages to those that could afford it. It only died out because of advances in gunpowder weapons more easily able to pierce plate, the rise of the pike formation that made heavy cavalry obsolete, and the re-introduction of formalized armies during and after the 100 year war, giving rise to the superiority of firearms wielding infantry. Even then, that type of body armor wasn't entirely abandoned until the late 17th century, with remnants of it lingering on even into world war one.

Plate disappeared not because it was so big and heavy it was stupid, but because advances made elsewhere rendered it obsolete.
Plate was never that common, not "full plate" anyway. People would indeed have to be "lifted" and "assisted" onto their horses.. and it was by no means practical to put on or take off, in an expedient manner. IIRC it was just people that didn't belong on the battlefield, like royalty and such that wore such nonsense and they would carry with them a useless ceremonial sword they couldn't swing. While everyone around them fought.
Full plate armour was incredibly useful on the battlefield, the main issue was that it was too expensive for the average soldier:

Youtube vid on weight (Watch it all if you get the chance, there's a great story about how an Italian cavalry charge in full plate armour decimated the English army because their longbows wouldn't penetrate the springy steel)

Also here's a clip about full plate being used both as decorative wear, competition armour and as actual war armour (at 50 minutes), and if you watch on after that there's even a section about what the peasants wore: cruder iron pieces that offering much less coverage of the body and less protection from blows, some of course would be in chainmail. (again I recommend watching it all)

Plate armour was widely used all across Europe for battles, tournaments, and deocorative peacocking in royal courts, but the armour was still practical for deadly war. It was used in battle from the early 1300s to the early 1500s, a period of about 200 years, this simply wouldn't have happened if it was less practical than the alternative chainmail/coat of plates/partial plate armour etc.

Sep 14, 2009
Hero in a half shell said:
Full plate armour was incredibly useful on the battlefield, the main issue was that it was too expensive for the average soldier:

Youtube vid on weight (Watch it all if you get the chance, there's a great story about how an Italian cavalry charge in full plate armour decimated the English army because their longbows wouldn't penetrate the springy steel)

Also here's a clip about full plate being used both as decorative wear, competition armour and as actual war armour (at 50 minutes), and if you watch on after that there's even a section about what the peasants wore: cruder iron pieces that offering much less coverage of the body and less protection from blows, some of course would be in chainmail. (again I recommend watching it all)

Plate armour was widely used all across Europe for battles, tournaments, and deocorative peacocking in royal courts, but the armour was still practical for deadly war. It was used in battle from the early 1300s to the early 1500s, a period of about 200 years, this simply wouldn't have happened if it was less practical than the alternative chainmail/coat of plates/partial plate armour etc.

i actually read/watched that stuff, pretty nice vids, i want one of those armors now -_-

Lieju

Jan 4, 2009
Fdzzaigl said:
Neither male or female armor is "realistic" either way, I'm not looking for that from this game anyhow.

Several of the male-only armors on the nexus can also be worn by females however, in that case you wouldn't see the difference with a helmet, if you really want your realism.
votemarvel said:
I'll be honest, I've never understood the issue with the boob plate in a fantasy/sci-fi setting.

Yes it is completely impractical in the real world but games aren't the real world.

Really I suppose I don't understand the desire to force realism into fantasy worlds.
It's not really 'realism' that bugs me about boob armor, it just looks incredibly silly to me.
(And not something I'd ever wear.)

votemarvel

Elite Member
Legacy
Nov 29, 2009
Country
England
I'll be honest, I've never understood the issue with the boob plate in a fantasy/sci-fi setting.

Yes it is completely impractical in the real world but games aren't the real world.

Really I suppose I don't understand the desire to force realism into fantasy worlds.

leeprice133

Sep 25, 2011
BathorysGraveland2 said:
I remember a mod that made females wear male versions of hard armours (steel plate, ebony etc), which sounds closest to what you are looking for. It never really made much sense to me that females would be wearing armour that is specifically forged to curve around their breasts. Only queens or especially wealthy women would have that luxury.

A lot of Elder Scrolls mods are silly or juvenile. You need to look harder if you're trying to get more authentic/realistic ones and that can be a hassle sometimes.
In fact, when suits of plate armour were made for women, they weren't curve round the breasts individually like you see in games. There's a VERY good reason why you don't want your armour indented towards your heart.

Scars Unseen

^ ^ v v < > < > B A
May 7, 2009
Right now I pretty much view CNHF(the second one linked in the OP) to be the best female body/armor mod for Skyrim if you are looking for something more practical looking than the usual fetishware available. It'll be even better when version 2.0 comes out, as it should then be compatible with the texture and normal map mods for UNP, of which there are many. There are also a couple of complementary mods that convert more of the stock Skyrim armors to the body mod.
CNHF Extra Armor Conversions [http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/36057/?]
CNHF Conversion - souTear and Calyps Vampire Armor [http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/36762/?]

lalaquen

Mar 24, 2009
Denamic said:
Mick P. said:
If you want to be realistic an adventurer would not get very far wearing full plate armor at any rate. You'd need a magic anti-gravity ring or something.
Not really. Full plate was only really used by mounted knights. The biggest obstacle was the mobility of the suit, not the weight. I've trekked with backpacks heavier than a suit of full plate armour. And that's weight purely on my shoulders, not over my entire body.

OT: In a world where women are armoured warriors as often as men, you're going to see armour designs adapted to women. Women tend to have tits. It'd be really uncomfortable for a woman that's not flat chested to wear flat chested armour, as armour need to be strapped on very tight.

One, unless I am very much mistaken (which I will fully admit I could be) no armour meant to be fitted to the human torso is/was/can be completely flat, because the human torso is not completely flat. Two, that bit of nit-picking aside, I will point out that even today, most women engaged in significant physical activity, such as sports (which is about the closest most modern people get to warfare in the classic sense), wear sports bras which essentially act like bindings to compress the breasts down more securely to the chest and restrict unnecessary and uncomfortable excess movement. And as a woman with what I would cautiously categorize as moderately sized breasts myself, I have to say that: yes, sports bras (and thus by extension, bindings) can be uncomfortable when too tight/small. But they are actually much more comfortable in the long run than having everything bouncing about all over the place. I would much rather have to bind my breasts a bit in order to fit beneath a uniformly curved and padded breastplate then try to shove them into uncomfortable little metal cones that they're going to bounce off of if I have to sprint or pivot quickly to adapt to a rapidly changing combat scenario. Just like I would much rather wear a sports bra than an under-wire if I'm going to go kick a ball around the yard with friends. Especially since those little cones are also (as others have pointed out) going to invite more significant harm rather than deflecting it, and those under-wires are going to dig, and my breasts are going to have to compress more quickly and violently if I get tackled.

But maybe that's just me. Other women may feel differently, and there may well be a case of diminishing returns (of a sort) involved, wherein the size of a woman's breasts matters more to what kind of armour she would find comfortable than the possibility of excess movement and the need for compression to negate it.

Da Orky Man

Yeah, that's me
Apr 24, 2011
Mick P. said:
If you want to be realistic an adventurer would not get very far wearing full plate armor at any rate. You'd need a magic anti-gravity ring or something.
Remember that a Roman Legion would march about 20 miles a day or so (I think) with its soldiers wearing full battle armour. Granted, I'd imagine full plate is rather heavier than lorica segmentata, but they're certainly close to each other.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Soviet Heavy said:
Do you have an account on the Nexus websites? You need one to view NSFW mods (which this one admittedly does fall under, despite having a non-nude patch)
Yeah, I didn't know that, though it makes sense.

TehCookie

Elite Member
Sep 16, 2008
Denamic said:
OT: In a world where women are armoured warriors as often as men, you're going to see armour designs adapted to women. Women tend to have tits. It'd be really uncomfortable for a woman that's not flat chested to wear flat chested armour, as armour need to be strapped on very tight.
There is a something between completely flat and boob plates. This is modern armor designed for women:

For reference this is the standard male armor:
Yes there is a difference, but it's not as sexy as you imagine. Having different compartments for your tits to flop around is even more uncomfortable than tieing them down. Seeing how I'm the third or so person to have quoted you, I hope you are now more knowledgeable about boobs and armor.

Denamic

Aug 19, 2009
TehCookie said:
Denamic said:
There is a something between completely flat and boob plates. This is modern armor designed for women:

Yes there is a difference, but it's not as sexy as you imagine. Having different compartments for your tits to flop around is even more uncomfortable than tieing them down. Seeing how I'm the third or so person to have quoted you, I hope you are now more knowledgeable about boobs and armor.
Are you trying to be condescending? Because if not, you've a talent for it. I don't remember ever saying anything about sexy, nor about tits flopping around. If you read what I actually said instead of what you think I said, you might notice we don't actually disagree.

TehCookie

Elite Member
Sep 16, 2008
Denamic said:
TehCookie said:
Denamic said:

Are you trying to be condescending? Because if not, you've a talent for it. I don't remember ever saying anything about sexy, nor about tits flopping around. If you read what I actually said instead of what you think I said, you might notice we don't actually disagree.
In a thread about Skyrim's female armor, you defended women need boob room in their armor. While they do, not in the way portrayed in the game. Also I'm not always condescending, but people below me probably think I am... sorry it comes naturally.

solidmetal

Jul 11, 2012
Soviet Heavy said:
Since asking on the Nexus website is like a black man politely requesting a lynching, I thought I'd ask here: has anyone come across any Skyrim mods that don't use the damn boob plate? So far, I've found only one, and it hasn't been updated in years.
http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/3296/?tab=2&navtag=%2Fajax%2Fmodfiles%2F%3Fid%3D3296&pUp=1
The comments section also explains just why I avoid Nexus for recommendations. People cannot seem to comprehend that women having breasts does not mean you need to mould tits into your armor plates.

EDIT: I seem to have found an armor that suits my needs, and possibly yours. You might need a Nexus account to view it, since it is technically NSFW (has a non-nude version however).
http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/34213/?tab=2&navtag=%2Fajax%2Fmodfiles%2F%3Fid%3D34213&pUp=1

If anyone discovers some other mods, feel free to post them.
hey Soviet nice moding but please can you tell me what face texture you using in those pictrue ???

Hazy

Jun 29, 2008
Was hoping I could find some help in a thread like this:

Is there any mod that exists to stop the bugginess in dungeons (caves in particular)? It's like a conflict between my character and the ground, often suddenly jutting me ahead or causing me to sink into the ground.