Skyrim Bughunt

The Funslinger

Corporate Splooge
Sep 12, 2010
Proverbial Jon said:
Teige said:
I jumped into bucket in a bar and fell through the world.
Sounds like someone's been hitting the old Skooma a little too hard lately!

Zenn3k said:
I had one NPC follow me into my house then leave right away.
A guard followed me into my home, proclaimed that I was the Dragonborn and promptly left again! I didn't know whether to feel honoured that he recognised me or slightly violated for his forced entry!

OT:

- Dropped items sometimes get stuck in the air and just stay there floating.
- There were mammoths walking in the sky around Whiterun.
- The Markarth quest "The haunted house" glitched so that I could not continue with it, luckily I had a previous save.
- The horse turns invisible sometimes if there is a wall blocking my view.
- I can't marry Lydia or Ysolda in Witerun, despite wearing the amulet of Mara. Ysolda is supossed to give me a quest before she likes me enough for marriage but I can never get it to trigger. Don't know if this is a glitch or just me doing something wrong!

Also, not a glitch but immersion breaking nonetheless... I was fighting a dragon which found a fort close to Whiterun. It landed inside and started attacking the people there. I managed to take it down and once the men had sheathed their swords and started walking away, I overheard one say: "When are we going to see some action around here?" Needless to say my great victory felt a little anticlimatic after that!
No, some people are just cruel wankers. Sounds like you found Tamriel's equivalent of me.

erto101

Aug 18, 2009
Syzygy23 said:
Iggy Rufflebar said:
randomly walking around whiterun only to have a dead dragon randomly land on my head, give me a dragon soul and some decent loot, good thing I was right next to the general store.

also that stupid ring of hircine doesn't let me transform more as a werewolf.. grr
That's because it gives you more transformations randomly. As in, you will be walking along in the market on a bright summer day then suddenly transform into a werewolf for no reason.
If you complete the quest it should allow for an extra transformation each day and no randoms.

bootz

Feb 28, 2011
TheBobmus said:
Found any glitches or bugs in Skyrim? Proclaim them here and share your woes!

My favourite is buying a Whiterun house. Your bed there is marked as 'owned'. But not by you. So you can't sleep in your own bed. Great!
Edit: The bed is for Lydia, not actually a bug. My bad!
In that same house a had a whiterun guard in it for a while telling me where to buy weapons.

Liquid Paradox

Jul 19, 2009
I have had an Arrow stuck in my head for the last two days... won't dissapear.

Also, This:

So, in Markarth, you know that quest where you investigate the forsworn related killings, and either end up in Jail, or being forced to kill the guards? well, I went to Jail, and completed the quest from there by helping that asshole forsworn guy escape.

So, later, after everything had been said and done, a guard in the town suddenly says "Halt, in the name of the Jarl!" but he doesn't do anything. Naturally, I figure that he must be prompting me for a miniquest, so I talk to him. Instead, he repeats the lines the guard tells you after you have been framed, giving me the choice to say one of three things: 1) I was Framed! 2) Take me to Jail, then. 3) I would sooner die then go to your Jail!

Clicking number one only unlocks flavor text. Number three forces you into combat with the guards. Number two, during the quest chain, causes you to go to jail, where you finish the quest line. Unfortunately, this time around after the guard tells you how no one ever escapes from the mines (even though you just did) you have no choice but to click the only available dialog option, "...". if you do, the conversation starts over :/

So, the only way out of the conversation is to resist arrest. Sorry if your playing a "good guy" because murder is the only option.

aristos_achaion

Dec 30, 2008
During the Dark Brotherhood plot
I made several attempts to assassinate Vittoria Vici at her wedding, since my sneak was low and I kept getting caught. During one of those attempts, the ensuing chaos turned into a massacre when the Imperial guards summarily slaughtered her husband's entire family. I'd long since surrendered and paid my fine, but the guards kept wailing on them till they were all dead.

Oh, and this:

Thanks, Talos! I'm sure you're really a god now!

DeleteThisAcc

Nov 19, 2009
1. First killed dragon skeleton teleported to entrance of that city nearby.
2. Second killed dragon skeleton (the one that attacked my while I was going 7k steps to mountain to speak to monks(?) for first time) just disappeared after I looked away.
3. I tried to jump over some cut down tree or something like that and started flying. Can't remember where exactly.
4. Time from time weapons of killed enemies will start flying - slowly going up
5. Third dragon landed then teleported behind me (glitch or special ability?)
6. Rocket horse. First horse I mounted started flying upwards. After loading did not happen again.

Fun game

Saulkar

Legacy
Aug 25, 2010
Country
Canuckistan
Jamienra said:
Whenever I wear the Morokei mask my head goes invisible.It actually looks pretty cool when I have my Archmage hood on.
That exact same thing happens 50% of the time with me.

Joe Deadman

Jan 9, 2010
I came across an invincible dragon, neither my arrows nor my companions spells could pierce the beast!
Well actually they where piercing it too well, they were going right through the damn thing like it wasn't even there :/

Also my companion turned around and fled through a door into a tower we had just been into for no apparent reason, fast travelling returned her to my side though.

On the graphics side a bunch of textures went missing, female guards where wearing all purple and an ork on the loading screen had a lovely purple skirt, restarting fixed that though.

chach_face

Mar 2, 2010
I fast traveled to somewhere and there was a set of dragon bones. It was supposed to be the body of a man, as he had a name and set of armor.
Winter Has Come!!

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
thiosk said:
hazabaza1 said:
There's a double bed you can sleep in in the Whiterun house.
For me, I'm just crashing quite a bit recently. Seems that it crashes more often once I put the graphics settings up, which kind of sucks.
I opened up my computer and pulled out a handful of dustbunnies-- specifically from the processor heat sink and out of the graphics card circulation system.

Crashing has gone to nearly zero.
I think it may have just been me changing the FOV. But thanks for reminding me, my computer's starting to get loud, I should probably clean it out sometime...

Alexander Corbett

Nov 7, 2011
I used the freeze shout on a sabre thooth tiger. To my surprise the tiger flew into the air and spazzed around for a bit before, falling to it's deaths.

Joe Deadman

Jan 9, 2010
Satsuki666 said:
Joe Deadman said:
I came across an invincible dragon, neither my arrows nor my companions spells could pierce the beast!
Well actually they where piercing it too well, they were going right through the damn thing like it wasn't even there :/
Ya thats not a bug. I am not that far in but that is story related and you cant kill him right now.
Huh seriously? It's not named or anything, it's just a regular old vanilla dragon guarding one of those walls :/.

Oh well i'll take your word on it.

Icancount210

Jun 1, 2010
I've had a few minor bugs, but only one major one. I was attacked by a purple dragon outside solitude and the game crashed as I delivered the killing blow. Fortunately, I had quicksaved about halfway through the fight and when I loaded up the game again, the dragon was the normal colour and the game didn't crash when I killed it. So far, this has been my only crash.

Let's see...

The house of Aventus Aretino has several sections of the wall and floor missing. Restarting the game doesn't fix it.

Sometimes after crouching my character doesn't stand up properly. The sneaking crosshairs disappear but my character remains crouched down. Pressing the key again fixes it.

In the town of dragon bridge (I think) there was an old woman sweeping her front porch wearing nothing but her underwear. I don't remember her name, but she gives you a quest where you have to retrieve her husband's secret stash of alcohol from a cave. I actually don't know if this is a bug or not... It could just be something she does.

Finally, the underwater sound effects are weird for me. And maybe it's because I'm an argonian, but every few seconds while swimming my character will make that gasping sound, even when I haven't surfaced.

But yeah, other than that the game has been running well. I'm on the PC, by the way.

Icancount210

Jun 1, 2010
I've had a few minor bugs, but only one major one. I was attacked by a purple dragon outside solitude and the game crashed as I delivered the killing blow. Fortunately, I had quicksaved about halfway through the fight and when I loaded up the game again, the dragon was the normal colour and the game didn't crash when I killed it. So far, this has been my only crash.

Let's see...

The house of Aventus Aretino has several sections of the wall and floor missing. Restarting the game doesn't fix it.

Sometimes after crouching my character doesn't stand up properly. The sneaking crosshairs disappear but my character remains crouched down. Pressing the key again fixes it.

In the town of dragon bridge (I think) there was an old woman sweeping her front porch wearing nothing but her underwear. I don't remember her name, but she gives you a quest where you have to retrieve her husband's secret stash of alcohol from a cave. I actually don't know if this is a bug or not... It could just be something she does.

Finally, the underwater sound effects are weird for me. And maybe it's because I'm an argonian, but every few seconds while swimming my character will make that gasping sound, even when I haven't surfaced.

But yeah, other than that the game has been running well. I'm on the PC, by the way.

EDIT: I also lost Lydia for several days. She eventually caught up to me, though.

joe-h2o

The name's Bond... Hydrogen Bond
Oct 23, 2011
Icancount210 said:

EDIT: I also lost Lydia for several days. She eventually caught up to me, though.
Can't Argonians breathe underwater? So I assume that's just the "taking a breath" sound?