Skyrim Bughunt

bobmus

Full Frontal Nerdity
May 25, 2010
Found any glitches or bugs in Skyrim? Proclaim them here and share your woes!

My favourite is buying a Whiterun house. Your bed there is marked as 'owned'. But not by you. So you can't sleep in your own bed. Great!
Edit: The bed is for Lydia, not actually a bug. My bad!

Roofstone

May 13, 2010
No real glitches, one crash. Though it may be because I was alt tabbing back in and out, so I won't hold it against the game.

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
There's a double bed you can sleep in in the Whiterun house.
For me, I'm just crashing quite a bit recently. Seems that it crashes more often once I put the graphics settings up, which kind of sucks.

bobmus

Full Frontal Nerdity
May 25, 2010
Sober Thal said:
I fast traveled back to the University for whatever reason, and just in front of me was a Dragons skeleton... It wasn't supposed to be there and didn't fit on the slim pathway, so it was doing that 'item doesn't belong here shake' and looked really fucking creepy! Took me a few seconds to realize what it was.

Luckily, I was able to walk through it, or I would have been locked out of the Mage school!
I keep getting dragon skeletons spawning when I fast travel too!
Solitude Bay is filled with them now.

Ruwrak

Sep 15, 2009
Except for the mainstory quest "Talk to Alvor" bugged out, not so much.
Though I wonder if the fluctuating difficulty is also a minor bug.
(I.e. the one moment im slaying dragons like a pro, the next moment a wolf looks at me and I instantly die =/ )

GundamSentinel

The leading man, who else?
Aug 23, 2009
I've had one crash, but a lot of (occasionally very bad) framerate issues, usually starting after I've played for more than an hour or so (PS3).

Beryl77

Mar 26, 2010
I killed a guy and a mudcrab reported my crime but I killed it and my bounty was removed because all the witnesses are dead.

Geoffrey Harrell

Jul 8, 2011
i've had the game prematurely closing without warning a few times, but that only happens after a few hours of play. so i dunno, maybe a hardware problem? either way i'm not bothered to much by it.

edit: but are chicken supposed to be able to witness crime? i stabbed a chicken in the back, while sleathed, and still got a fine. the fine went away in a second becuase the only witness, the chicken, was now dead. soooooooo yeah?

bobmus

Full Frontal Nerdity
May 25, 2010
Beryl77 said:
I killed a guy and a mudcrab reported my crime but I killed it and my bounty was removed because all the witnesses are dead.
Geoffrey Harrell said:
i've had the game prematurely closing without warning a few times, but that only happens after a few hours of play. so i dunno, maybe a hardware problem? either way i'm not bothered to much by it.

edit: but are chicken supposed to be able to witness crime? i stabbed a chicken in the back, while sleathed, and still got a fine. the fine went away in a second becuase the only witness, the chicken, was now dead. soooooooo yeah?
In Skyrim, the animals keep the peace. Except the goats, goats too busy running.

Furioso

Jun 16, 2009
The chickens reporting crimes glitch reminds me of Zelda, the way they all just appear to kill you, they must have their own underground networks somewhere, sneaky bastards

Axyun

Oct 31, 2011
Ruwrak said:
(I.e. the one moment im slaying dragons like a pro, the next moment a wolf looks at me and I instantly die =/ )
I believe the random dragon encounters are scaled to your level while world creatures have their own scaling ranges.

I hit a bug were an NPC was duplicated, with his duplicate two feet to the side of him and clipped into the floor up to his torso.

I also have the dragon skeleton following me around in Winterhold. I did kill that dragon in town but it keeps spawning in my face when I fast travel there.

And I don't know if this might be a bug but I completed the Whiterun quest where the Redguard mercs are looking for a woman yet the two guys that start the quest are still chilling in the Whiterun entrance yet don't say anything. They look like they were meant to be removed.

Revnak_v1legacy

Fixed by "Monday"
Mar 28, 2010
The Jarl of Whiterun kept trying to kill me for no good reason after a dragon attacked the city. The guards wouldn't even join in the fight until I drew my sword. It fixed itself once I let myself get thrown in jail.

Chronologger

Apr 5, 2010
One of the main recurring bugs for me is a CTD whenever I try to read some books, it doesn't affect all books, and sometimes I'll restart the game and I can read the book that caused the crash just fine, it seems to be related to prolonged playtime I put into the game. I've just learned to deal with it by quicksaving before I read any books, hope it gets fixed because it gets really annoying with how often book/note reading arises in the game.

EDIT: Also another recurring bug (if it is a bug), whenever I fast travel a horse that I found near an abandoned bandit camp site very early on in the game keeps popping up right in front of me, it's convenient, but it breaks the immersion now and again in what I consider to be one of the most immersive games I've played in a loooong time, which is a bit of a shame really. I don't even use horses that much, so I've considered just killing the fucker next time he pops up.

Jamienra

Nov 7, 2009
Whenever I wear the Morokei mask my head goes invisible.It actually looks pretty cool when I have my Archmage hood on.

The Lugz

Apr 23, 2011
the tunnel of glitchy crash doom, south west skyrim, i cant remember it's name. i purged it from my memory
about 4% of the objects ( trees, rocks ) a re misplaced and either floating or have exposed polygons and are obviously hollow

npc's having the same conversation with me repeatedly.. again.. and again.. i have to walk away
not sure if it's a bug ut not all of them do it.. so.. yah.

my housecurll repeatedly stands up and sits down and munches on bread so fast it looks like it's having a fit of some kind

and 'bug hunt' ? really it's a Bethesda game the bugs hunt you.

still totally worth it.

Ruwrak

Sep 15, 2009
Axyun said:
Ruwrak said:
I believe the random dragon encounters are scaled to your level while world creatures have their own scaling ranges.
Well yes of course, every dragon is not the same.

But for example

I go into this cave for the Greybeards quest. Some necromancers, mage, bandit and adept are there doing their thing. First try I get instapwnd by 1 hit of a fireball. Kaboom, dead. Second time I go in and dispose of them with arrows etc. The next room sets me up against a similar team, I dispose all of them with 2 swipes each.

Like... what?

Or those silver hand guys. Some take forever (and are named after regular enemies 'Silver Hand') to die, and then the next fellow just dies with two swipes. Same named enemy so Im assuing they are the same-ish in stats right?

bobmus

Full Frontal Nerdity
May 25, 2010
The Lugz said:
the tunnel of glitchy crash doom, south west skyrim, i cant remember it's name. i purged it from my memory
about 4% of the objects ( trees, rocks ) a re misplaced and either floating or have exposed polygons and are obviously hollow

npc's having the same conversation with me repeatedly.. again.. and again.. i have to walk away
not sure if it's a bug ut not all of them do it.. so.. yah.

my housecurll repeatedly stands up and sits down and munches on bread so fast it looks like it's having a fit of some kind

and 'bug hunt' ? really it's a Bethesda game the bugs hunt you.

still totally worth it.
NPCs keep restarting any auto-start conversations with me upon completion. Is a massive immersion
break every time. Hopefully will be patched though.
It's hunting the obscure bugs and Easter Eggs that's fun though