Skyrim Character Plans?

Captain_Fantastic

Jun 28, 2011
im going with my usual nord with a sword and i shall skip around the forest like some kind of magical creature because thats the manly way to do it

Agow95

Jul 29, 2011
Gonna be a claymore wielding Nord called Halbarad (Got the name from LOTR books) with a massive beard!

I.N.producer

May 26, 2011
I'll do what I usually do. Be as much like Batman as possible. Except with great spellcasting to make up for a lack of gadgets.

Then I'll probably max out all my skills and only use the Batman-esque ones afterward. I love sneak attacks, ambushing, and causing chaos.
My favorite quest in Oblivion was the Dark Brotherhood quest where you're in a house full of targets and you're supposed to kill them all without being caught.

I'll probably be some kind of vampire.

GarryIsTheHero

Apr 30, 2011
Redguard, Swords, heavy armor. He's going have a big beard and is going to murder every NPC he can :) He shall be named Clarence!

Popadoo

May 17, 2010
First character is always my role-playing character. Play through the story, look and act as generic as possible in relation to the setting, that sort of thing. I always like to give them a personality of their own though. I wont do too many side-quests on my first character, maybe the odd few here and there.

Firstly, for my role-playing character I'll be a Nord with a short beard and a glazed eye, who knows little of magic but is a master with his weapons of choice; A two-handed battle axe, and a long-bow. The axe is his main weapon, used for close combat, all-out brawls and the majority of the fighting. The bow is used for sneak attacks, picking off enemies from the shadows while he's still unnoticed. He isn't a sneaky character, but if he has the opportunity to shoot someone who hasn't seen him, he will take it! A hero, he doesn't break the law.

Secondly, I'll make a character who I'll use to play through the side-quests and have as much fun messing around with as possible. A female Bosmer, she knows a few spells that help her with her heists. She mainly uses a short-bow for quick, long-ranged attacks and duel-daggers for when the fight comes up-close and personal. She's red-headed has a scar on her cheek, and she isn't afraid to break a law here and there. She seduces men and steals there things, and is constantly moving towns to avoid guards. She does most of her heists alone, but will do jobs for the Thief's guild now and again.

Wow, I really need this game.

Mosesj

Sep 19, 2010
iLeikHip said:
What are you guys planing to be when Skyrim comes out?
I'm thinking Wood Elf that specializes in Marksman, Barter, Sneak, Security, Restoration, Light Armor, and Mercantile.
That's assuming that you can choose 7 skills, as in Oblivion.
Also, I hope humor is present in the newest edition to the great series, like Fallout, because that really brightened up my experience in Fallout 3/NV. I found Oblivion took its self way to seriously.
Edit: Yes I am choosing Barter and Mercantile.
Because I can. *****.
I'm probably going to go with a sword and shield light armoured argonian the first time through, and then the second time go with a archer necromancer

ImperialSunlight

Nov 18, 2009
In the previous game I was an Male Argonian Assassin/Rogue. I'm not doing that again, it got boring fast. This time I have a few options that I'm considering:

A male Nord warrior (It's set in Skyrim after all)
A male Khajit Warrior or mage (I'm a furry, I can't help it >.<)
A male Altmer mage (if I want to be a mage, they're probably the best choice)

teh_Canape

May 18, 2010
considering the only one I played, and am still playing, so far

it will be a green haired argonian thief/assassin

that is, if I get around getting TES 5

Edavies696

Feb 15, 2010
human warrior sword and shield, so block, light armour, blade, restoration, armourer, marksman, speech :p aggressive magic makes it to easy.

brodie21

Apr 6, 2009
massaffect123 said:
brodie21 said:
i want to be a legionary. my first priority will be to make a sword and shield guy and see if i can join the imperial legion like in morrowind
Hate to break it to you, but the Legion does not exist anymore. Neither does the Empire.

OT: I almost always roll as a wood elf first. Probably do the sneaky-sneaky, stabby-stabby, shooty-shooty stuff.
i dont know, where did you find this information, can you give me a link? empires of that size take more than 200 years to collapse, take a look at the roman empire. the eastern half of it, also known as the byzantine empire, lasted until the 15th century AD

Ascarus

Feb 5, 2010
some type of warrior first. i haven't decided on a race yet, but i always seem to make my first RPG run through in any game as a warrior.

Hides His Eyes

Jul 26, 2011
iLeikHip said:
I think there is going to be 18 skills.
Hopefully the useless skills are gone.
(Acrobatics, Althletics, Mysticism)
Am I the only one who wants Spears back? xD
No, I really really really want spears back. And crossbows and shurikens and all the other stuff that was in Morrowind but not Oblivion. One thing that really pisses me off is is developers TAKING THINGS OUT when making sequels. It's just simply wrong.

If they do include spears I might make an Argonian hunter type character like I did in Morrowind. Otherwise a warrior/mage (like I make in practically every RPG I play): sword in one hand and a lightning bolt in the other, it's gonna be epic.

Second character I make will probably be a dark elf who sneaks around with a sword.

staika

I am Tizzy's Willing Slave
Aug 3, 2009
I'll do the same thing I do with every rpg that annoys the crap out of me. I will first create some sort of warrior about 4 hrs later I will restart and make a mage and then 4 hrs after that I will restart and make a thief sneaky type character rinse and repeat.

ShakerSilver

Professional Procrastinator
Nov 13, 2009
Same thing I played as in Oblivion. A Nord who specializes in Heavy Armor, Blade, Block, Destruction, Restoration, Armorer, and Alteration.

PseudoDuck

Bacon Robot
Oct 18, 2009
Hard to say really. Might go with one of the beast races to see just how bad-ass I can make them without giving myself nightmares.

All I do know is that one of the first things I will be doing is killing someone and then going to sleep. Hopefully, the method for getting noticed by the Dark Brotherhood is the same as in Oblivion.

AWOL

Jun 22, 2010
I'm planning on making a Wood Elf Thief that uses primarily bows and daggers, illusion magic and the new magic runes.

On that note, any word on whether or not there will be non-destruction magic runes? All I've seen so far are fire/frost damaging traps. I want things like paralyze or demoralize as well, basically just more variety than "you step on this, you get hurt". I think using runes for other sneakier effects would be an unholy amount of fun.

DustyDrB

Made of ticky tacky
Jan 19, 2010
My first character:
A male Redguard.
Name: ...uh...Kelly Leak
Skills: (Assuming you can pick five favored skills as in Oblivion) Archery, Light Armor, Sneak, Lockpicking, Smithing, Speech, and Alchemy. No magic. I like survivalist-type characters. Between Smithing and Alchemy, I should be able to make lots of money while also being very self-sufficient.

Factions: I can't say for sure, as I haven't become acquainted with the new ones. But it's looking like I'll join the Thieves Guild and Stormcloaks. No Dark Brotherhood for this one. I don't want this character to be a cold-blooded murderer. I might join the Fighter's Guild.

AWOL

Jun 22, 2010
brodie21 said:
i dont know, where did you find this information, can you give me a link? empires of that size take more than 200 years to collapse, take a look at the roman empire. the eastern half of it, also known as the byzantine empire, lasted until the 15th century AD
I don't have the exact link, but there is an Elder Scrolls timeline which describes the fall of the Empire. Something along the lines of:

-Martin dies, Septim line ended, Empire falls into ruin.
-Mass hysteria/uprisings
-Eventually some guy (whose name I cannot remember) is named Emperor by conquest of Tamriel.

Also, this happens over the 200 years so its not particularly as step-by-step as I put it but meh, its something like that. I think it'll be cool to see what kind of Empire this new guy runs. And how that influences Skyrim as a province.

Jun 24, 2009
A Nord warrior, maybe with a bit of magic skill on the side.

Not very original, but I want my first Skyrim playthrough to be with what I would imagine Dovakiin would be like.