Skyrim Child Killing Mod

JupiterBase

Feb 4, 2010
LastGreatBlasphemer said:
JupiterBase said:
Thats like something someone who took 1 class of psychology in community college would say man. Now your also equating it to child pronography. That is in a whole different zip code compared to this. You really cant group people into groups as simply as that. Even saying that almost everyone who wants to kill kids in a game wants to kill kids in RL subconciously just seems bogus.
Allegory isn't equation, nice try though.
And I never said it did. Go ahead, say it aloud to yourself, "I want to be able to killkids, in video games". Suddenly sounds different doesn't it?
Whatever. I'm done arguing with. Dont take this as you winning in some way. I'm just getting on my own i'm better thou high horse and riding away.

Abedeus

Sep 14, 2008
I remember when Neverwinter Nights came out...

NOBODY CARED THAT YOU CAN KILL KIDS OR ANIMALS.

Phototoxin

Mar 11, 2009
DPeteD said:
Its against the law in the uk and the usa too, to allow the player to personaly kill a child themselves, sure with fallout 1 they patched it to remove children to abide by the law, and any game that does allow you to kill children is probabley too obscure for your average joe to ever hear about.
it aint bethesda its the law
is that why baldurs gate got banned?

Archer666

May 27, 2011
Weird how that works. Its alright to kill innocent townsfolk who've done you absolutely no harm, but killing kids is just immoral and you shouldn't do it.

IMO if you give me the possibility to kill innocent bystanders, then I should be allowed to kill ALL bystanders. Adults and kids. Fallout 2 did it.

Micalas

Mar 5, 2011
Fluffis said:
Just one more post from me as food for thought, then I'm leaving this thread (some of the people on it kind of scare me). For the people who actually WANT this mod, and the ones simply defending it:

You really see no difference whatsoever between killing an adult and killing a child? You can't think of any difference?

If you can't, then you really and truly freak me out.
As I said earlier to someone in the thread, I just mowed down 400 just as innocent adults with my fiery handblasts of doom. That does not mean I want to go do the same in real life. A murder is reprehensible regardless of the person's age. Is there a certain age when murder doesn't matter anymore? If "child" is where life is most sacred then I suppose once we get up to 80 years old it's not as awful? Murder is murder. If we're going to start gauging the awfulness of a murder on arbitrary traits we might as well make some more columns. On the age scale, kids are the worst to murder. What about race? Which race is the worst to murder? Is a child of that race like 30 times worse? How about religion? It's all pointless traits that are spoken of for the sake of statistics. The real problem is the fact that there was a murder in the first place.

The fact that you think the age of the murder victim determines the reprehensibility rather than the act it self freaks me out. Last I checked, regardless of that murder victim's age, they're still fucking dead.

Udyrfrykte

Jun 16, 2008
My desktop background is a screenshot of a child getting impaled on the character's sword. It's the pic in the mod preview. Love it.

Piorn

Dec 26, 2007
I'm pretty sure it would already be in the game if it wasn't for the media, since those games are all about freedom.
But you know how it goes, once you CAN kill children, the media tells everybody you HAVE to kill children to level up.

SinorKirby

May 1, 2009
Fagotto said:
I don't see the real need for it
It completely breaks immersion. Every single NPC in Skyrim(minus those who are quest-essential) is killable except the children. You can shoot a fireball at them and they just run off to the guards like nothing ever happened. It's a shame the console versions are not moddable.

Therumancer said:
To be honest the thing that irritates me is the indestructability of the kids, rather than any paticular desire to exterminate kids on general.
And before you say I just want to murder children, the above is completely relevant.

OldAccount

Sep 10, 2010
Why would you want to kill children? I had much more fun chasing them around with a stick while being pursued by a mob of angry guards and towns people.

seraphy

Jan 2, 2011
Some people are such hypocrites.

Killing child is wrong and shouldn't be allowed in a video game or even showed. But when they turn over 18, then murdering them is ok.

If you can't stand to make children killable don't put them in game at all. For me world is bit more immersive without children than with immortal children that could thanks to their immortality kill ancient dragons if they feel like it.

Jacob Haggarty

Sep 1, 2010
Not to be nit-picky, if someone wants to massacre children, i can't really stop them (but i can shuffle away slowly and call someone to help). It's the REASONS you people seem to be giving that confuse me. What they boil down to is "ICKLE BABY SAID MEAN NASTY THINGS ABOUT ME".

...Your point?

Damn near EVERYONE is rude to you during the game, from "milk-drinker" to "weak" etc. assuming that you couldnt POSSIBLY beat them hence calling you pathetic. They insult your intelligence, they insult your height at one point i think, they insult your strength.

So why does everyone seem to foam at the mouth when the words come from someone half your size?

AND WHY IS YOUR FIRST THOUGHT TO KILL THEM!? I'll admit, for the most part, they ARE little bastards, and the one who says something about bootlicking was crying out for a smack. That is why you equip your fists or shield or bow, and smack them around the head.

Micalas

Mar 5, 2011
Jacob Haggarty said:
Not to be nit-picky, if someone wants to massacre children, i can't really stop them (but i can shuffle away slowly and call someone to help). It's the REASONS you people seem to be giving that confuse me. What they boil down to is "ICKLE BABY SAID MEAN NASTY THINGS ABOUT ME".

...Your point?

Damn near EVERYONE is rude to you during the game, from "milk-drinker" to "weak" etc. assuming that you couldnt POSSIBLY beat them hence calling you pathetic. They insult your intelligence, they insult your height at one point i think, they insult your strength.
And I can kill them.

So why does everyone seem to foam at the mouth when the words come from someone half your size?

AND WHY IS YOUR FIRST THOUGHT TO KILL THEM!? I'll admit, for the most part, they ARE little bastards, and the one who says something about bootlicking was crying out for a smack. That is why you equip your fists or shield or bow, and smack them around the head.
The same reason your first thought is to put in the weapon cheat and spray everyone in a Grand Theft Auto game. It's a fantasy RPG full of non-real creatures and even more non-real people. Real world morality is irrelevant when you're playing a video game.

Mau95 said:
Real kids do that too, and you dont kill them.
Real life isn't a video game that revolves around killing shit.

WHY THE FUCK CAN NO ONE TELL THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN PIXELS AND REAL LIFE? WE'VE BEEN MURDERING FAKE PEOPLE SINCE THE CREATION OF VIDEO GAMES. WE'VE BEEN ENDING FAKE LIVES. FAKE CHILDREN FAKE DYING IS JUST AS FAKE AND IRRELVENT AS ALL THOSE FAKE DEAD ADULTS.

Jesus fucking Christ, people.

Matt Dellar

Jun 26, 2011
I have no desire to kill children in Skyrim.

I just don't like the fact that I can't.

-

I installed this mod in New Vegas as well and ended up never killing a single child. Something tells me I won't be killing any kids in Skyrim either. I installed the mod anyway. Maybe I want to eliminate the Dark Brotherhood or something, you know, to rid the world of all those assassins (who, by the way, send you out to kill people who may or may not have done anything wrong). Does it even make sense to kill them all except the little vampire girl, who is arguably the most dangerous?

RedEyesBlackGamer

The Killjoy Detective returns!
Jan 23, 2011
Fagotto said:
You know, after some thought I'm wondering at these 'immersion' people. It is immersive to kill kids? I don't have a problem running around towns slaughtering everyone, but I'm not particuarly sure why it's immersive to kill NPCs for little reason. It just sounds like people acting crazy as some do when playing characters, not acting realistically or anything.
Little Lamplight has made me hate kids in all Bethesda games. So I want to kill them because of irrational hatred.