Skyrim Collector's Edition Requires Enormous Box

SinisterGehe

May 19, 2009
SmashLovesTitanQuest said:
FredTheUndead said:
Note the 360 label, proving Bethesda's now full-time commitment to console ports.
Sarcasm I hope.

OT: I dont give a fuck, Bethesda thought they could rip Europe off. Protip: no one in Europe is going to buy your overpriced collectors edition, you assholes.
Ah I see you are new to the internet. Pro tip: Never say never or no one... Since there is always someone, example my nerd cousin who pre-order this from the local game shop soon as they mentioned the first word about it. Well he lives next to the damn thing so getting it home shouldn't be issue. But anyway, I hope you got my point, never assume you think alike with the others, there are some real idiots out there.

Mr S

Jul 13, 2010
Lance Arrow said:
Mr S said:
Lance Arrow said:
In english too?
I'm Dutch and I know the Dutch word is a synonym for it, are you sure you didn't translate it directly to english? :S I've just never heard it in English before :p
But I do know what you mean now ;)
Right, taking two seconds to hit urbandictionary.com could have deduced that mistery too, but here, this is what I was talking about. [http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=box]

Also, hi fellow dutchie.
Still thanks :p

tobi the good boy

Dec 16, 2007
Mr.Tea said:
Mr.Tea said:
FredTheUndead said:
Note the 360 label, proving Bethesda's now full-time commitment to console ports.
Sarcasm I hope.
Doubt it's sarcasm; Oblivion was more of a console port than a from-the-ground-up PC game.

And it's true that every picture that is shown of a multiplatform game will inevitably be the goddamn Xbox 360 version.
Yeah, lets just call them 360-bias and ignore the massive playstation 3 magazine poster hanging on the wall in the background. Completely reasonable and fair.
Ok; Change my instance of "Xbox 360" to "console". They're all the same to me, but as far as promotional material, press releases and similar stuff goes, Xbox 360 versions are more prevalent.

P.S: I don't give a shit about the poster, the box is the Xbox version. Oh and learn something about photographic perspective; In the picture, the poster is anything but massive.
I'm sorry, you're bitching because it's an image of the collectors edition but for Xbox? You're going to have to explain why this means that they have forsaken the PC.

Frostbite3789

Jul 12, 2010
FredTheUndead said:
Sarcasm I hope.

OT: I dont give a fuck, Bethesda thought they could rip Europe off. Protip: no one in Europe is going to buy your overpriced collectors edition, you assholes.
How would that be sarcasm? Ever since Fallout 3 they've shown a preference for the 360. Between always showing off the 360 version at trade shows and giving them DLC first, they really do. MS probably pays for it to be that way, but that's still the way things are currently.

Apr 28, 2008
Daystar Clarion said:
This is why we can't have nice things.

Someone will always *****. In this instance, PC elitists.
Yeah, it's seriously getting fucking annoying. And I'm a damn PC player! Seriously, PC players, you are complaining because of a box. Cool your shit.

If they really didn't give a shit about the PC, they wouldn't be releasing mod tools.

And besides, there are much more important questions we need to be asking. Like will this game actually be optimized on all platforms, will the mod tools be as obtuse as the old Construction Set, will it be as buggy as previous Bethesda games. You know, questions and things that are more important that what fucking platform they play/show it on.

mad825

Mar 28, 2010
Size isn't everything g ;)

Still, at 4 times the cost of the original it just isn't worth it.

Vrach

Jun 17, 2010
Vrach said:
FredTheUndead said:
Sarcasm I hope.

Sadly, it's more than Bethesda, same shit's going on with BioWare (SW: TOR). I'm guessing it's a market issue of some sort and we'll be seeing it pretty much constantly, at least with NA-based companies.

Either way have to agree with you. Blowing 150 euros on a single game just to get some statue and behind the scenes stuff, thanks but no thanks - I'll buy some 4-5 new titles this winter for that money instead, including the standard version of the game.
I miss the old days man. Games were cheaper and you got a bunch of free shit with them, a manual if nothing else. Nowadays you pay double the price and get a disk, plus a leaflet that kindly points out that the "A" button/key on your gamepad/keyboard is in fact the A button/key. (Who would have thought?)
Well, to be fair, Skyrim standard edition is not something I'd scoff at. You get a map inside, which I find really cool as an embodiment of what TES is about and what Bethesda's best at. With a preorder, you even get a cool cloth variant, as opposed to what I assume is the usual poster material in the non-preorder version.

Can't say I'm a huge fan of manuals and such, not even a huge fan of junk that normally comes with Collector's Editions, just considered it for Skyrim and TOR as they're the two huge games that I'm looking forward to. It's kinda like wanting to go to a restaurant and tip the waiter cause it's a huge day for you, but then getting told that the restaurant in question charges 50% of your bill as a mandatory tip. Kudos to those who want it that bad, but it's just a symbol to me and to that kind of price, all you're getting from me is a look at my back and my hand held high giving you the finger.

TheHecatomb

May 7, 2008
Protip: no one in Europe is going to buy your overpriced collectors edition, you assholes.
Woops. Bought it. Sorry bro.

Didn't even do it for the dragon statue, I'll probably sell that to some goth kid or something. But 200 pages of fine artwork, to me, is irresistible.

kebab4you

Jan 3, 2010
FredTheUndead said:
Sarcasm I hope.

One of my friends was dumb enough to do so, tried to speak him out of it for an hour, wouldn't budge T.T"

Oh well gives me the right to mock him for not listening to me at least.

not_you

Don't ask, or you won't know
Mar 16, 2011
Archonic Energy said:
Annoying Turd said:
Btw, what's the largest game 'collector's edition' ever, where a game comes in a box larger than the boxes consoles come in/ larger than my pc?
Bioshock 2's CE box was rather large... because of the 12" Record in there...

and £130 for the CE... you can fuck right off!
As another Australian.... OH NOE! You have to pay over 100 for a collectors edition!

We have it for 200! (198, but same difference)

We always have to pay about 110 for a console game, but NOOOOO when it happens to someone else THEY have the right to complain....
At least you have a fucking decent rating system... So be thankful for what you have

Somethingfake

Oct 22, 2008
What will I do with the box? Meh, use it as drinks can bin. That collectors edition is *huge*. Just how insanely expensive is this beast?

StormShaun

The Basement has been unleashed!
Feb 1, 2009
The Crysis 2 one was bigger, It was like a damn crate, this one looks like a small crate.

I can wait for Skyrim and the Collectors Edition but I somehow feel ripped off about how much stuff comes in there for 200 dollers, they should least give us one replica!?

Kungfu_Teddybear

Legacy
Jan 17, 2010
Country
United Kingdom
OK, so I guess I'll need to be in the house the day that gets delivered, because that fuckers isn't getting through my letter box. Can't wait for this game, I want it, I want it now!

GeorgW

ALL GLORY TO ME!
Aug 27, 2010
That is really cool, love it! The box itself will be something to showcase.