Skyrim Collector's Edition Requires Enormous Box

pppppppppppppppppp

Jun 23, 2011
That's right guys, they wrote an article about the size of the box that Skyrim comes in.

Real hard-hitting journalism right there, guys.

Saxnot

Mar 1, 2010
IMPORTANT NEWS EVERYONE:

THIS IS A VERY, VERY, VERY LARGE BOX!!!!!

JUST HAVE A LOOK AT HOW LARGE THIS BOX IS!!!!!!!

AND IT'S FULL OF STUFF!!!!!!

IT IS A LARGE BOX FULL OF STUFF!!!!!

IMPORTANT FACTS ABOUT GAMING CULTURE!!!!!!

A BOX!! IT IS LARGE!! AND FULL OF THINGS!!!!!!!

THAT IS ALL

Revolutionary

Pub Club Am Broken
May 30, 2009
OK that things gonna' retail for $300 AUD here is Australia...so as much as it pains me, I'm going to have to give it a miss. :(

AstylahAthrys

Apr 7, 2010
I still bought it. I'm also going to love the everloving shit out of it. It's about the same size as the Halo: Reach one, and I have that as well. It's one of two games I'm getting this season, so I can do it.

haaxist

Sep 21, 2009
OH MY GOD. Forget the statue, I have no room for the damn BOX. WHAT IS THIS WORLD COMING TO?!?

Also, a CLOTH MAP? Dude. Bethesda really delivers, don't they? What next, is the disc made pf pure mythril or something? Not that I'm complaining really, it's just I don't think my PS3 handles that kind of thing... Contrary to popular belief, it can't actually do everything. XD

SelectivelyEvil13

Jul 28, 2010
This is what I hate about special editions: No middle of the road option for those who would appreciate, say, just an art book but don't want the stupid figurine that it inflates the cost out of one's interest zone. *Yeah, I went there. Because I don't want the dumb dragon.*

Regarding the picture, I wish there was a 360 console box next to it to compare!

k-ossuburb

Jul 31, 2009
Wait a second... there's a PERSON in that photo. It's weird, because once you notice him/her you just can't unsee it.

Savryc

NAPs, Spooks and Poz. Oh my!
Aug 4, 2011
I was under the impression that all the Skyrim screens and such have been on the console version so that us console folk get to keep the image of shiny graphics while when the PC folk boot the game up they get to revel in the even shinier graphics. I believe there was an article here saying that, albeit with more words and less use of "shiny"

Apparently that means Bethesda is selling out to the console scrubs, I'll never understand the way PC folk think sometimes.

theultimateend

Nov 1, 2007
Daystar Clarion said:
This is why we can't have nice things.

Someone will always *****. In this instance, PC elitists.
Elitist.

One.

Singular.

Stop pluralizing the actions of one person.

Get cut off by a lady on the road "Man Women can't drive!" No, specifically that woman, more critically that person who happens to be a woman.

But back on point.

One. (You almost hit it to, you said Someone in the beginning which is singular).

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
tobi the good boy said:
Mr.Tea said:
SmashLovesTitanQuest said:
Mr.Tea said:
SmashLovesTitanQuest said:
FredTheUndead said:
Note the 360 label, proving Bethesda's now full-time commitment to console ports.
Sarcasm I hope.
Doubt it's sarcasm; Oblivion was more of a console port than a from-the-ground-up PC game.

And it's true that every picture that is shown of a multiplatform game will inevitably be the goddamn Xbox 360 version.
Yeah, lets just call them 360-bias and ignore the massive playstation 3 magazine poster hanging on the wall in the background. Completely reasonable and fair.
Ok; Change my instance of "Xbox 360" to "console". They're all the same to me, but as far as promotional material, press releases and similar stuff goes, Xbox 360 versions are more prevalent.

P.S: I don't give a shit about the poster, the box is the Xbox version. Oh and learn something about photographic perspective; In the picture, the poster is anything but massive.
I'm sorry, you're bitching because it's an image of the collectors edition but for Xbox? You're going to have to explain why this means that they have forsaken the PC.
because pretty much every game that is created for xonsole and thne realsed on pc is AWFUL console port and mostly unplayable due to idiotic controls (think dead space or silent hill 5)

Dec 14, 2009
theultimateend said:
Daystar Clarion said:
This is why we can't have nice things.

Someone will always *****. In this instance, PC elitists.
Elitist.

One.

Singular.

Stop pluralizing the actions of one person.

Get cut off by a lady on the road "Man Women can't drive!" No, specifically that woman, more critically that person who happens to be a woman.

But back on point.

One. (You almost hit it to, you said Someone in the beginning which is singular).
Hey look, pedanticism and a strawman all wrapped up in a condescending package.

And it's not even my birthday.

YunikoYokai5

Jun 16, 2010
I think I'll wait for the standard PS3 version to come out pre-owned in my local Gamestation but I'm not really an Elder Scrolls person XD never got into Oblivion.

Also, the PC gamers need to calm down a little, PCs and consoles have their own good points and bad points (Consoles - you can stick any game you buy for it in and know it will work, but as of yet have no modding abilities, PCs - Has the advantage of more buttons/mouse and menus are easier to get through but you need to upgrade some parts over time. There are a lot more but I'm not a PC person XD ).

There is no such thing as a 'PC Master Race' or anything like that. In the end, while on different machines, we are doing the same thing: Playing games. So can this war with PC vs Consoles (and the sub-war of PS3 vs Xbox360 vs Wii/WiiU (when it comes out) ) please just stop? Its pointless. There's more hot air coming out of these arguments to put global warming to shame!

Archaon6044

Oct 21, 2008
so is Collectors Edition available in the UK or what? it doesn't seem to be which sucks all the ass in the universe, because i would totally buy 1337 copies just for me

William Dickbringer

Feb 16, 2010
FredTheUndead said:
Note the 360 label, proving Bethesda's now full-time commitment to console ports.
yeah they're devoted to their consoles after all get their collector's edition box shown and dlc first while pc get crappy modding tools and unlimited mods boy it must suck to be pc owners

Smiles

Mar 7, 2008
I love big boxes, I can, I can put stuff in 'em, and I can stack 'em on top of each other... I can paint them like minecraft colors and build stuff with 'em...

mattaui

Oct 16, 2008
Annoying Turd said:
I remember when games came with goodies by default. Cloth maps from the ultima series, anyone?

Btw, what's the largest game 'collector's edition' ever, where a game comes in a box larger than the boxes consoles come in/ larger than my pc?
I was reminded of that very thing the other day when I happened upon a pristine copy of the re-release of Ultima I, complete with all it's little maps, trinkets and manuals.

A giant cardboard box, art book and dragon statue just doesn't add up to another $90 for me.