Skyrim DLC Coming to 360 First

Aug 1, 2010
Bethesda. Horse Armor. NOW

OT: I really don't care. PC has mods, Xbox get's early DLC. Fair enough.

tehe

scorptatious

The Resident Team ICO Fanboy
May 14, 2009
Johnson McGee said:
I don't know why anyone (Edit: who has a choice of system) would bother getting Skyrim for anything other than PC, given how great the mods for Oblivion were.
Well for starters I don't have a computer that can run Skyrim very well.

That and I already have a 360, so why bother shelling out a couple hundred dollars just to get something on the PC to run when I could spend $60 bucks just to get the 360 version?

*reads edit* Oh, never mind then.

OT: Well that's great and all, but when does it come out I wonder?

RaikuFA

Jun 12, 2009
shrekfan246 said:
Sizzle Montyjing said:
*sigh*
Why do this again Bethesda?
You do realise that your sales for DLC went dramatically down on the PS3 because you held it off for so long?

Fed up of this...
I'd be willing to bet Bethesda didn't have a choice. Microsoft would be throwing a huge temper tantrum if the DLC were released on all platforms at the same time. After all, they have to make their money somehow, what with the Xbox not being sold in Japan anymore and the PS3 sales rising past the 360's.

Oh, and what with how they don't give a rat's ass about computers anymore. Kinda funny, really. Ten years ago, whenever somebody said "Microsoft" the first thing that would pop to mind would be "Windows!" Now whenever someone says Microsoft the first thing that comes to mind is "Greedy, whiny, self-entitled Xbox 360 developers!"
THANK YOU!!!! Someone really needs to take MS down a peg.

Char-Nobyl

May 8, 2009
Yes! I'll be first in line to get the new Skyrim horse armor!

But wait! They said two releases...

Could it be...spouse armor?!?

Ah, glad I got that out of my system. Cool, though. I'm already having plenty of fun as is, and I think Bethesda learned from the horse armor fiasco what people want out of DLC.

pandorum

Mar 22, 2011
Sucal said:
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/112609-Skyrim-DLC-Will-Be-Timed-360-Exclusive

Old news, you've already revealed the benefit for being a part of the 360 master race.
That was a funny joke

pandorum

Mar 22, 2011
The-Epicly-Named-Man said:
Sizzle Montyjing said:
*sigh*
Why do this again Bethesda?
You do realise that your sales for DLC went dramatically down on the PS3 because you held it off for so long?

Fed up of this...
I doesn't seem Bethesda particularly care. It really seems like they have something against non-360 gamers. I mean, when have you ever seen one of their games demoed on a different platform? Anyway, hopefully they'll follow up on that suggestion of mod support for the PS3 in a future patch.
It is easier to build a game with DVD format like Xbox than Blu-ray because a game as big as this would have taken longer to develop on the other hand it would look ten times better sound better and have more content and would probably be on 3 DVD's so that's why, if Xbox gave up the Gears of War and Halo franchises im sure Sony would sell them the rights to use Blu-ray and those games would get more publicity as it is on another platform and available in Japan on a wider market.

Jezzascmezza

Aug 18, 2009
As someone who only owns a 360, as opposed to a PS3 and/or powerful PC, I kind of wish Microsoft would spend their money on getting some more ACTUAL exclusives for the console, rather than these pointless "timed exclusive DLCs" like they've done with this, Fallout 3, all the COD games, and GTA 4.
Timed exclusives are just so pointless... Do any non-360 owners really care if it takes them an extra month to get DLC? At least they still get it.

InkyTonguedCrook

Jan 20, 2012
I call foul. This is just Microsoft propaganda. I propose that this claim is baseless (having not actually researched it). For the record I'm not choosing one side over the other, I just doubt the validity of this claim. We'll see.