Skyrim glitch please help me

sb666

Fake Best
Apr 5, 2010
Country
Australia
I am currently doing the throat of the world quest, and for some reason it wont read the shout words for clear sky. Any idea how to fix this?

Mar 30, 2010
Just reload and try again I suppose. Mine went screwy on the Molag Bal quest, and without giving too much away in case you haven't done that yet it totally broke the game (and I mean irreparably) and ganked my three autosaves meaning I had to reload a manual save losing ~2 hours of gameplay.

Just reload an older save fella, and try it again. If it still doesn't work then you may have issues.

sb666

Fake Best
Apr 5, 2010
Country
Australia
SmashLovesTitanQuest said:
Reload a save?

I dunno man.

I assume you have already put this through Google, right? RIGHT?
I have no saves near this section and yes i checked google.

sb666

Fake Best
Apr 5, 2010
Country
Australia
All my other save files are really early in the game. :(

Choppaduel

Mar 20, 2009
When I did this quest, I had to be right on top of the words to learn them.

also, might try activating them (e key by default)

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
If you're on PC, maybe tcl or tgm your way up there? Otherwise, I dunno man. Good luck.

sb666

Fake Best
Apr 5, 2010
Country
Australia
Im on ps3 and i forgot to mention that my guy reads the first 2 words but not the last one.

kouriichi

Sep 5, 2010
You dont have autosaves enabled?
Should have one not long ago if you fast traveled there, or left the building at High Hrothgar.

If not.... well i dont envy you >.>;

sb666

Fake Best
Apr 5, 2010
Country
Australia
solidsnake101023 said:
Reload a save?

I dunno man.

I have no saves near this section
U dun goofed.

Consider this a lesson learned; you do not, I repeat, DO NOT rely on one or two saves that are ages apart from each other/many saves that are ages apart from each other in a single player RPG.

EDIT: But yeah, try the other shit, hope it works for you. Still, even if it works, remember this the next time you play an RPG, especially one made by Bethesda. I dont want to see your ass here again in 2 days time because another buggy ass game fucked you over and your last save game is from when dinosaurs still walked the earth. Bad for all of us. We all know how it feels to loose that much progress, especially in an Elder Scrolls title, its not nice.

solidsnake101023 said:
Im on ps3 and i forgot to mention that my guy reads the first 2 words but not the last one.
Try skipping around the word, walking over it, staring at it from various angles and stuff like that if you havent.

My own personal Dovahkiin was really bitchy about what words he wanted to learn from the greybeards. I pretty much had to grab his head and rub it over the word violently until he finally got it.
He is still being really stuborn about it also the quest arrow isnt appearing over the word.

jthwilliams

Sep 10, 2009
solidsnake101023 said:
you must be new to TES and RPGs. I do a full save at least once a hour and then do a quick save after every fight.

Skyrim (for the PC at least) does 3 autosaves constantly, if you can't get out of the situation use one of the earlier autosaves.

sb666

Fake Best
Apr 5, 2010
Country
Australia
solidsnake101023 said:
solidsnake101023 said:
Reload a save?

I dunno man.

I have no saves near this section
U dun goofed.

Consider this a lesson learned; you do not, I repeat, DO NOT rely on one or two saves that are ages apart from each other/many saves that are ages apart from each other in a single player RPG.

EDIT: But yeah, try the other shit, hope it works for you. Still, even if it works, remember this the next time you play an RPG, especially one made by Bethesda. I dont want to see your ass here again in 2 days time because another buggy ass game fucked you over and your last save game is from when dinosaurs still walked the earth. Bad for all of us. We all know how it feels to loose that much progress, especially in an Elder Scrolls title, its not nice.

solidsnake101023 said:
Try skipping around the word, walking over it, staring at it from various angles and stuff like that if you havent.

My own personal Dovahkiin was really bitchy about what words he wanted to learn from the greybeards. I pretty much had to grab his head and rub it over the word violently until he finally got it.
He is still being really stuborn about it also the quest arrow isnt appearing over the word.
This might come a across a little stupid but have you tried saving the game, turning off your PS3 and turning it back on again, then reloading that save? Its fixed a ton of issues for me, although I am on PC.

Also,

kouriichi said:
You dont have autosaves enabled?
Should have one not long ago if you fast traveled there, or left the building at High Hrothgar.

If not.... well i dont envy you >.>;
this....? You didnt turn autosaves off, right?
Autosave is on its just i left and came back to the area before reading the words also here is a video i made of the issue http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TUrvjkEgKmQ&feature=channel_video_title

sb666

Fake Best
Apr 5, 2010
Country
Australia
Oh and sorry about the quality the only thing i had to film it was my phone

sb666

Fake Best
Apr 5, 2010
Country
Australia
jthwilliams said:
solidsnake101023 said:
you must be new to TES and RPGs. I do a full save at least once a hour and then do a quick save after every fight.

Skyrim (for the PC at least) does 3 autosaves constantly, if you can't get out of the situation use one of the earlier autosaves.
Im sort of new to Tes but im definitely not new to rpgs.

Insanity72

Feb 14, 2011
the only thing i can suggest that others haven't already said is, Look at the words so that they are directly in front of you, as if you were reading them from left to right, oh and also in 1st person view. Not sure if it will help, just a thought.

Other than that all i can say is try what the others have said

WolfThomas

Man must have a code.
Dec 21, 2007
Speaking of glitchs, my wife (Aela) stopped cooking me dinner. Has feminism come to Skyrim?

Ectoplasmicz

Nov 23, 2011
Welcome to the world of a Bethesda game, excessive and regular saving is a necessity.

A lot of us learn this the hard way.