Skyrim...have you cheated?

Captain Pirate

Nov 18, 2009
Yes, I have, because I don't give a shit.
I guess I've only truly cheated to give myself gold, which I do regularly.
I gave myself the Greybeard Hood as well because I thought it looked badass, but that isn't really cheating.
I will probably do that with other un-obtainable clothes, too.

In another sense, I guess this could be cheating: I'm giving myself Daedric Swords and Bows to enchant, but I have already unlocked them in Smithing so it's not really illegitimate.
I'm only doing this because my game is bugged and I cannot recharge enchanted items with ANY Soul Gem, though I have multiples of all types filled in my inventory...
So I make exact copies of my previous Daedric weapons for when the previous one runs out.
I guess it's fair, because if I wasn't bugged I could and would recharge them like usual.

So that's not really cheating.
But I give myself money because I really cannot be fucked to grind it or whatever.

Kreett

Constant Contrarian
Nov 20, 2009
Nope, Playing on the 360 is basically impossible to cheat the only thing ive done is check where one of the fire breath words were. And I would never consider cheating, cheating is for the PC master race, regular PC gamers are cool.

XMark

Jan 25, 2010
I don't like to cheat on my first play through a game. Abusing game mechanics is fair game though. So I've gotten my crafting and enchanting up to stupidly high levels.

Wolfram23

Mar 23, 2004
Yes - I removed 2 skill points from 1h and put them into Speech. That is all.

The only other time I used console was to reset Lydia so she had better stats as I had leveled up so many times and she was becoming a liability. Going to have to reset her again soon I think.

Uriain

Apr 8, 2010
I have not cheated. Still working on my first play through of the game, and dont want to "rhuin" the experience.

Once I have had my fill of side quests and completed the main story line (ie a playthrough) I will probably make a character to mess around with to do funny things. (like burying a down in cheese wheels or cabbage)

aquarius87

Mar 2, 2011
Married Aela, but she vanished after the ceremony
(I seem to have that effect on women ;P )

Tried using the console to insert her in the game again
Ended up with 3 of em, for some reason :S )

After three days (in game) the REAL Aela reappeared in Yorrvaskr
Went on honeymoon without me, so it seems...

gigastrike

Jul 13, 2008
Only had to fix a bug once. I've considered looking up the alchemy effect for ingredients because mixing aimlessly is FUCKING FRUSTRATING, but I've refrained from cheating thus far and I plan to keep it that way.

Edible Avatar

Oct 26, 2011
geK0 said:
SNIP

- Using sneak enchants on all the gear the game allows
Could you please tell me how you do this!? I've tried disenchanting my dark brotherhood armor, but the game won't let me.

OT: I'm on the 360 but i've used the free house glitch, the smithing glitch (9000 damage sword ftw), and the iron dagger smithing tactic (not a glitch, but very cheap)

KorLeonis

Mar 15, 2010
On console, so no cheats for me. The only thing I would do if I could would be to resurrect some chick in Whiterun (Ysolda or something). She ceased to exist one day, and apparently that means I can't do the "Night to Remember" quest, ever. So no "Oblivion Walker" achievement, grrrr.

geK0

Jun 24, 2011
Edible Avatar said:
geK0 said:
SNIP

- Using sneak enchants on all the gear the game allows
Could you please tell me how you do this!? I've tried disenchanting my dark brotherhood armor, but the game won't let me.

OT: I'm on the 360 but i've used the free house glitch, the smithing glitch (9000 damage sword ftw), and the iron dagger smithing tactic (not a glitch, but very cheap)

I got a ring of sneaking from one of the shops and disenchanted it. It was the one in Riften I believe, but the shop inventories are random aren't they?

geK0

Jun 24, 2011
mooncalf said:
Does spamming iron daggers at the forge count?
I have a history with ES games, if it's a cheat I wont use it, but if it's an exploit I totally will. In Morrowind it was Spellmaking Bound Boots for 0 sec on self, pre-patch that permanently added 20 to run speed. In Oblivion it was Paint Brushes that when dropped hung in midair and could be stood on to make steps to otherwise inaccessible places.
There were inaccesible places in oblivion? I just jumped everywhere I needed to go!

Ascarus

Feb 5, 2010
yep. gave myself some gold, turned on god mode once or twice when the game went from it's typical cake walk to ludicrous speed difficulty and i think that is it.

on a side note, this "new patch" needs to be fixed. since it's inception i have successfully killed all of two dragons. the rest fly around in these ridiculous patterns and NEVER FUCKING LAND then glitch and start flying backwards or simply hover at some random distance that is too far to shoot -- when i approach their hover position, they start flying around again. and maybe your aim is better than mine, but i cannot do enough damage in a reasonable amount of time to bother firing arrows at these annoying beasts.

HEY BETHESDA -- FIX THIS SHIT!

on a second side note: finally killed Krosis yesterday. or should i say my horse did. fast travelled to Krosis' location, he leapt out of his coffin and i ran behind some rocks. my horse barrels into the clearing and starts beating on Krosis who starts backing away and not attacking my horse. It was like he was stunned by the notion that some upstart horse would dare attack him. It allowed me to walk up and simply beat on Krosis until he died. never attacked me once. that mask is full of win.

Jace1709

Apr 9, 2010
The only cheating ive done it massively upping my Carry Weight. I love the game overall, but i cant be bothered with 'Inventory Management'. I did get a bug though to do with that. I collected a LOT of items, and once the weight was up in the high 7000's, whenever i looted a bandit i killed, it crashed to desktop. Doing a couple of City Fast-Travel circuits selling everything fixed that. I guess even with cheats, theres a Max carrying limit.

Alcamonic

Jan 6, 2010
I have not cheated really, but I have used console commands. My poor Shadowmere vanished, so I had to spawn a new one. Damnable glitches.
I don't like to cheat in games. I do however use my PC advantage to fix certain issues with bugged quests, items or points randomly lost etc.

Gives me a bit of feeling of accomplishment whenever I manage something on my own, even if it's just in a game.

I was very close to resurrect the normal horse, which clearly has no ability to feel fear (or common sense for that matter). But I am an avid user of quicksave keys, so the nearest save is not that far away, at most a couple of min.