Skyrim...have you cheated?

chadachada123

Jan 17, 2011
Console gamer. I duplicated some ebony armor a couple of times using the mannequin trick. Not that I needed to, though, most of my money I've gotten without any cheating.

babinro

Sep 24, 2010
Absolutely.

I played for about 6 hours before giving in to helpful time saving cheats that reduce the grind experience I get from all Bethesda RPG's. For my first play of about 40 hours all I used was a carrying capacity cheat for convenience since I hate to backtrack and inventory manage.

On every subsequent playthrough I use a carrying capacity cheat, infinite money cheat and reveal all map locations cheat. This is where the game gets really fun for me as pretty much all grinding elements are removed and I can focus on the stories and gameplay.

Kilo24

Aug 20, 2008
I've effectively respecced my character when I realized that some perks weren't really that good, and that armor didn't penalize spellcasting (and that heavy armor had no drawbacks at all with a few perks) unlike in previous Elder Scrolls. Just added and removed perks, but kept the picks legal and the total number of perks constant.

Beyond that, nothing.

Havzad

Oct 9, 2010
I use tgm(god mode) when i feel like murdering an entire city after a good hard day of "goody toes shoes" adventuring, i save before hand.
After selling off my 300 pounds of stuff I might use TCL when I backtrack to a rotunda like dungeon because I left some deliciously expensive artifact on the other side.
I used the money cheat once! and only once because after a buggy quest i was 2000 gold short, to me it was compensation.

I gave myself 1000 lock-picks because i'm not putting a single point in lockipicking but i still want to reap the benefits of expert level doors.

that's all really, i don't really cheat as in putting on god mode against a tough boss, that would be stupid.

Nazulu

They will not take our Fluids
Jun 5, 2008
Nope, never used them for anything, game works well for me. Also, I don't find cheating fun unless the game is really freakin' hard, then I can just mop the floor with the mobs that gave me a hard time.

Dolos

Mar 10, 2011
i dont really cheat unless i feel like screwing around and not saving in games. i only cheated on oblivion to teleport back to quest givers after finishing the quest.

automatron

Apr 21, 2010
I only used the console commands once, to change my character's name.
Other than that, no

Beryl77

Mar 26, 2010
No, there are games where cheating makes the game more fun for me, like GTA San Andreas but I'd lose interest pretty quickly in a game like Skyrim if I started cheating.
But it's nothing to be ashamed of. I don't see what's the problem with cheating as long as it's only a singleplayer game.

Minjoltr

Aug 6, 2008
Yes.
I've had to use TCL to get myself unstuck a few times and Eorlund Grey-Mane has vanished without a trace so I've been trying to use the console to put him back (had no dragon attacks in Whiterun and I've looked thoroughly around the area between the Skyforge and his house).
Also used a quest skip command but that was a test for a friend. He'd finished Diplomatic Immunity but Delphine wasn't giving him the quest to go and get Esbern so he'd been stuck for a while. The wiki suggested the quest skip as a fix for this bug so I tested it for him.

crepesack

May 20, 2008
I "used an exploit" in leveling my conjuration by recasting conjure sword in front of a trapped enemy. But that was because I didn't feel like fighting anything and I wanted 25 conjuring for the 50% reduction. The novice level spells are just terrible.

DarkRyter

Dec 15, 2008
Fix a buggy quest or two.

Maybe toggle collision off to make it up a mountain I didn't feel like walking around.

Other than that, no.

Ecliptica Wolf

Apr 20, 2011
Nope, and I feel like I'm having a lot more fun with the game that way. Play it how it was meant to be played, then you get the full experience.

SkyKitty

Dec 15, 2009
Unlike Oblivion, I don't have a reason to cheat.

Mainly cause the lockpick system isn't godawful and based solely on luck anymore.

Also cause weapons and such don't have the durability of a moist napkin anymore.

Sn1P3r M98

May 30, 2010
Rex Dark said:
No, I haven't.
Also, does using the console for buggy quests disable the achievements?
I believe achievements are only disabled until you restart the game, at least that's how it worked in FNV.

I haven't used console commands aside from tcl when I can't find a path up a mountain or I get stuck in some rocks. For the most part cheating ruins the game for me.

TheTurtleMan

Mar 2, 2010
Well considering that I have it for the 360, I'm pretty much limited to the exploits already in the game. I don't know if you consider crafting 1000 iron daggers to boost blacksmith but that's about all I've done.

SeaTimeless

Nov 15, 2011
Not that I could on a console. Even then, I don't use exploits or glitches, just because it deprives from the experience.

Virmire

Sep 25, 2011
I looked up the best armor in the game and how to make them to see how far away I was from crafting it. Other then that, I kind of can't. No console commands, ironicly, on consoles.

I DID wander into one of those mega-tombs where you find Thu'ums when I was really weak, and ended up sniping the badly pathed boss for five minutes until he fell. 140 Steel arrows. :)

Souplex

Souplex Killsplosion Awesomegasm
Jul 29, 2008
Console version.
I also haven't used any exploits such as alternating between alchemizing enchanting potions and enchanting alchemy boosts until I can cap my smithing and make stupidly overpowered weapons.