Skyrim HD Remake Announced, Free For PC

DrunkOnEstus

In the name of Harman...
May 11, 2012
Tiamat666 said:
In my experience running ENB with shaders such as depth of field is way less performant than if this is implemented in games natively. So if Bethesda does their homework, we will get all of these shineys without the great ENB performance hit.
On the other hand, ENB itself might run better on this new version, because it will have an easier time of modifying the existing shader system, rather than having to implement it via hacks as it does now.
Well the problem with all of that is that ENB is for DirectX 9 only, and I assume that the move to x64 here also means a move to DirectX 11. At least there's still Reshade/GEM for color saturation and texture sharpening and whatnot, but it's entirely possible that they upgraded to x64 while still sticking with DirectX 9 (which would be shitty from a performance perspective). But yeah you're right, if you're someone who likes the effect of DoF then you could save some performance by using the game's built-in DoF and disabling it in your wrapper of choice.

Samechiel

Nov 4, 2009
Oh boy! A free copy of a game that I've already modded to look far better than the remaster!

The only way this could get better is if Bethesda forced me to pay to get access to a fraction of the mods I was using before!