Skyrim: Is this an easter egg?

Seraj

Nov 27, 2010
So I was out harvesting Nirnroots at the very northern edge of Skyrim (Damn you Ingun, damn you to hell) when I stumbled across this on a tiny tiny island inhabited by a mudcrab, it seems to be an old flag with a skeleton clinging to the bottom.

Now I'm convinced its an easter egg, a friend thinks I'm an idiot and its just some random flag.

If anyone knows what its an easter egg of, would love to know :D

Orrr if you think I just stumbled upon some random flag, let me know :p

Roofstone

May 13, 2010
It is probally just a random flag. If it is a easter egg I think it is really obscure.

DasDestroyer

Apr 3, 2010
It is the island of Dovahcrab and the skeleton of the last Dovahkiin who tried to oppose him.

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
Maybe the mudcrab merchant's descendant knows where Creeper and Umbra are hiding.

Evil Top Hat

May 21, 2011
A mudcrab? Awful creatures...

To me it just looks like a random flag, and if it is an easter egg, it's probably just an in joke between the devs.

Soviet Steve

May 23, 2009
Cyrus perhaps?

I want at least 50 people correcting me on how it can't be Cyrus and how I fail at life for not knowing Elder Scrolls lore. :D

Sep 3, 2011
i used have have a flag like that then it took an arrow in the knee...

ok i would say no i have come across ramdom things in skyrim like that but i think thats just a flag

Limecake

May 18, 2011
Fappy said:
Maybe the mudcrab merchant's descendant knows where Creeper and Umbra are hiding.
This was the first thing that crossed my mind, In Morrowind there was a mudcrab merchant who had the largest gold pool in the game (5000 septims I think) He also might have sold some pretty valuable items but it's been a while since I played Morrowind

On another note I have always loved Bethesda for including some of the most obscure references in any game, it's like they almost know millions of gamers are going to explore every single aspect of their games.

DEAD34345

Aug 18, 2010
I saw a mudcrab the other day. Horrible creatures!

Also, I don't know if I would call it an easter egg, because I don't really think it's referencing anything in particular. More likely it's just a cool little thing for players to stumble across in the world, in fact I'm pretty sure I remember a dev video talking about how they were adding things like that to the game.

ShindoL Shill

Truely we are the Our Avatars XI
Jul 11, 2011
Istvan said:
Cyrus perhaps?

I want at least 50 people correcting me on how it can't be Cyrus and how I fail at life for not knowing Elder Scrolls lore. :D
glarglarglar not Cyrus flehflehfleh u no nothing! myarmyarmyar learn your lore quaghquaghquagh.

OT: i heard there was a Knights of the Nine flag, skelton and book... check for a KotN book.

The Pinray

Jul 21, 2011
That's funny, my brother spoke of moving north to claim some land where the Thalmor can't find us. He's been gone for several years now...

He said he'd return home after he planted a flag to mark--

Oh god.

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
Limecake said:
Fappy said:
This was the first thing that crossed my mind, In Morrowind there was a mudcrab merchant who had the largest gold pool in the game (5000 septims I think) He also might have sold some pretty valuable items but it's been a while since I played Morrowind

On another note I have always loved Bethesda for including some of the most obscure references in any game, it's like they almost know millions of gamers are going to explore every single aspect of their games.
I think he had 10,000 gold actually. The reason he was such a boss was because he bought everything you sold him at value (like the Creeper, who only had 5k). He also talked like a cracked out drug dealer.

In my last Morrowind playthrough I chain-casted command creature/fortify speed on him and led him all the way to my Telvanni stronghold (half the map away). From then on he lived in my bedroom and would occasionally wander around the fortress hanging out with my robot bodyguards. It was pretty convenient being able to Recall back home when over encumbered and sell all my stuff to him :D

mew4ever23

Mar 21, 2008
Yeah, retake during the day or give us a location so we can check it out for ourselves. I can't really make heads or tails of that picture.

RanD00M

Oct 26, 2008
It's probably a subtle reference to the battle of Iwo Jima somehow. I'm almost certain of it.

Trivun

Stabat mater dolorosa
Dec 13, 2008
And, my first thought was Iwo Jima. Probably not, and being British I have little knowledge of the Pacific Theatre of WW2, but it just seems like an Iwo Jima reference to me...