Skyrim Map Gets DLC

Rule Britannia

Apr 20, 2011
There's a google chrome application/extension for this, it has all the provinces as well....and it's free.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/lgcniglmalipmaanggidmfmpbiplecjd?utm_source=chrome-ntp-icon

Hitchmeister

Nov 24, 2009
People don't understand the point of this. It's an iOS app, so you can look all snug and cool when you whip out your iPhone to look up a location while playing Skyrim on your Mac.

xxBucdieselxx

May 3, 2011
Bad title. I thought it was actually some DLC for Skyrim, not an app for a device you can't play Skyrim on.

Dr Jones

Join the Bob Dylan Fangroup!
Jun 23, 2010
Oh you bastards, i really thought we would get some awesome new map, or locations :mad:

Ralen-Sharr

Feb 12, 2010
I was thinking this was a bit of a dick move... then I realized that it's just an app for Icrap and people who can't be bothered to get the same info for free.

I wonder if someone DID pay for this, would they admit it?

Tiamat666

Level 80 Legendary Postlord
Dec 4, 2007
Grey Carter said:

Yes, you read that right.
I read that right, but you typed it wrong. This is not DLC. Thanks for clearing up that this is just some iPhone app only about 100 words into the article.

Rad Party God

Party like it's 2010!
Feb 23, 2010
Well... sucks for the people who can't use Google.

On a side note, I had a little moment of joy reading that the game was getting some DLC. I guess "I read that wrong".

Clive Howlitzer

Jan 27, 2011
The title is a bit misleading, it is almost like it was written to get people into a rage at Bethesda for releasing such asinine DLC. Why not put it in the title that this is just some stupid app?

Bara_no_Hime

Sep 15, 2010
Oh. I thought this was going to be about DLC to create more map in Skyrim (ie, to open up some of the locations that are programmed, but not player-accessible due to invisible walls that say "you cannot go this way").

I am disappointed. This is much less interesting. I don't even own an iphone. And if I did, I wouldn't pay 99 cents for something this useless.

Tiamat666 said:
I read that right, but you typed it wrong. This is not DLC.
Well, it IS DLC... for the iphone map app. Not for the game. The title is misleading.

Cause the app itself is free, but the DLC for that app is 99 cents.

Yeah, splitting hairs, I know.

Labcoat Samurai

Feb 4, 2010
1) Misleading headline
2) Microtransaction app that provides something you can get for free, anyway.
3) Article presents this as though it is an impressive development feat and something you would want.

A cynic might be tempted to conclude that The Escapist has a financial motivation for publishing this story...

Kiba Bloodfang

Jan 24, 2010
Got me all excited for NOTHING. There's absolutely nothing new here - this is just paying more for what we already have. If I want to find a location on the map, I google it. Free and easy.

Seriously, I thought this was going to be some kind of addition to the actual game. Not something that tells you where the already-existing things are.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
dogstile said:
Azuaron said:
The things people will buy...

Seraj said:
Also, change the title, its a little misleading...( Maybe Skyrim map app gets DLC? )
Or possibly "Skyrim map gets an app".
Indeed, I went into this expecting something completely different.

Either way, for shame devs!
The devs didn't do it.

Prima Strategy Guides did it.

Clearly, they're getting really desperate.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
Labcoat Samurai said:
1) Misleading headline
2) Microtransaction app that provides something you can get for free, anyway.
3) Article presents this as though it is an impressive development feat and something you would want.

A cynic might be tempted to conclude that The Escapist has a financial motivation for publishing this story...
Wat

I guess it's true. People simply are unable to conceive that sarcasm exists online. I'm guessing you don't read Grey Carter's articles often, do you?

Dogstile

Jan 17, 2009
lacktheknack said:
dogstile said:
Azuaron said:

Seraj said:
Also, change the title, its a little misleading...( Maybe Skyrim map app gets DLC? )

The devs didn't do it.

I meant the devs of the app :p

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
dogstile said:
lacktheknack said:
dogstile said:
Azuaron said:

Seraj said:

The devs didn't do it.

I meant the devs of the app :p
Ah. Well, this is awkward.