Skyrim: Now With Real Shouting

Catchy Slogan

Jun 17, 2009
While motion control isn't really my cup'o Tea, and I tend to rely on bows which this makes seem difficult, the voice commands seem incredibly useful.

iseeyouthere

Jan 21, 2010
"M'aiq does not understand what is so impressive about shouting. M'aiq can shout whenever he wants."

Well, now we can too.

Godhead

Dib dib dib, dob dob dob.
May 25, 2009
DumpsterHumper said:
Looks pretty shit to be honest. I don't see how this can top a controller/keyboard in any way apart from the "looking like a twat"-way.
Same here, but I think it's more about the fact that technology has gone so far to make this happen. Also you get to yell at your PC or TV or whatever to make things happen for once. That is pretty awesome.

hcig

Mar 12, 2009
Wow, that looks completely un-fun.
is he trying to justify his kinect purchase? why wouldnt you try it with wii motion plus or move? or better yet combine kinect with wm+, or with move, so you can do shouts while keeping the combat from becoming a chore.

Ddgafd

Jul 11, 2009
I used to think the cake was a lie, but then I took an arrow to the knee. There. Two of the lamest memes combined. Whoo.

Seriously though, it's a pretty cool idea, too bad I'm a PS3 owner. Oh well, at least I can laugh at you nerds shouting FUS RO DAH at your screens like lunatics. :p

Polarity27

Jul 28, 2008
The motion controls look like an exercise in arthritis fun-times for me and the problem with voice commands is that the amount of people who any vc software can consistently understand is, well, much smaller than the amount of people who will attempt it.

(I don't know what it is about me, but nobody's voice command software ever understands me. I already have to go through "I'm sorry, I did not understand. Please repeat" every time I call various kinds of customer service lines, why the hell would I put myself through that agony in a video game? Fast heal. No, fast heal. FAST HEAL. OH FUCK NOW I'M DEAD, THANKS FOR NOTHING! Yeah, pass.)