Skyrim Patch Makes Dragons Fly Backwards

Dragon-shit-smells

Dec 2, 2011
well glad your having a blast dude but don't speak for everyone I can't enjoy crap cause i freeze at every load screen can't continue from a save only auto save or it freezes.. yes it is the best game I've played wait seen but it's defective, and beth is lucky that their fans (including my dumb@$$) are loyal and they have ground breaking idea's and games or they would be in the creek with out a paddle.

Dragon-shit-smells

Dec 2, 2011
@Irridium dude you ain't asking much at all, that's what i'm asking, I just want to enjoy the game before it was objects that looked like minecraft and now since the new patch it freezes after loading saves it only loads auto saves. So none the less I can't play... paid enough money and it doesn't work out. perfection no but a game that works yes!! just works!! and decent graphics and minor on the bugs/glitches an boom you got amazing! that's my skyrim dream to get the full experience it was intended too! so my skyrim adventure is delayed till they get it all fixed. I'm a loyal fan so I'll wait a long while till it's ready!!

xWestie

Apr 13, 2010
haha, I had this happened to me earlier.
I went to the throat of the world to talk to Paarthunax, and whilst he was talking I got a text. Halfway through me replying to it, the conversation stopped, he flew up into the air, and starting flying backwards in a circle xD
I tried to get a video, but it didn't turn out well on my phone as it was night-time in game xP

Warachia

Aug 11, 2009
Spygon said:
This is what annoys me the most as the same thing happened with Fallout new vegas.I have a near perfect game with a few non game breaking bugs that i hardly ever see.A bunch of entitled idoits start complaining their are bugs in the game.

So more people seem to actively seak them out for some reason the company then make a patch to fix the bugs that then causes major problems in game.I go from having a game that ran okay to a pile of major bugs everywhere i look.

If the bugs are not breaking game play stop whining and deal with it.

So far since the patch came out i have had dragons get stuck on top of mountains or just fly into things then just get stuck flying against things.Dragons looking like there having seizures in mid air.My character randomly smoking way like he is on fire and the game nearly grinding to a hault randomly so damn frustrating
"If the bugs are not breaking game play stop whining and deal with it." That has to be the single worst argument I ave ever heard, just because you were lucky and have a relatively bug free copy doesn't mean everyone else does, not to mention all bugs break gameplay, only some ruin it.
"A bunch of entitled idoits start complaining their are bugs in the game." Are you seriously saying that people should suck it up and not ask for a better product, just so you could continue to play your version in peace? I could simply turn the argument back on you, some people report not having any problems in their patches, so deal with your bugs.

This is the mentality that lets Bethesda think they can get away with releasing terrible half finished products as fully fledged games, and the worst mentality if you want the industry to grow.

Thespian

Sep 11, 2010
THIS is exactly why I opted out of the patch when I saw it. Don't let Bethesda touch your game with a ten-foot pole until you've waited a week. If there are no videos of hilarious patch-fails by then, you should be okay.

kayisking said:
I'm certain there's a great "in Soviet Russia" joke in here somewhere, but I can't seem to find it.
In Soviet Russia, backwards fly the dragons?

Uhh.. Yes. Anywho.

Continuity said:
well colour me completely unsurprised, and this is exactly why I have not bought Skyrim... yet. I don't want to sound like a complete smug bastard here but we've seen enough Bethesda sandbox games to know with 99% certainty that skyrim was going to have major bugs in the first several months.

I will buy it in a year's time, when its patched, modded, reduced price and with DLC bundled in a steam sale... and I shall enjoy the hell out of it whilst laughing heartily at all you poor sap beta testers went though all the janky shit so that I could play the game without too many problems.
"Janky Shit" being a couple of meager visual issues, maybe, that mean we get to play the game a year earlier with slightly less bugs?

I sure feel silly.

AnarchistFish

Jul 25, 2011
I'm getting this. Currently a blood dragon on the tundra which seems impossible to kill. I managed to escape it but I really have to steer away from a large area to avoid it. Then I came across a glitching dragon which jumps about a bit before flying backwards a bit, and so on. Also a blood dragon. Can't be bothered to deal with it all right now, gonna play something else.