Skyrim Patch Notes Released

Kopikatsu

May 27, 2010
DarkRyter said:
Ugh, programming these kinds of games must be a motherfuckin nightmare.

So many objects, interacting with many other objects, in many possible ways, in many possible environments, under many possible situations.

I'm surprised it's running as well as it is, even without the patch.

They should have kept the corpse at the wedding. It's pretty funny.
I agree. Just make it so that the bride/groom doesn't skeeve out when they see the corpse. So you can trip over the dead bodies on the way out!

Mrsoupcup

Jan 13, 2009
Souplex said:
Does it fix the bug where after you complete the Markarth conspiracy quest it's impossible to lose your bounty?
I can't go to jail to repay my debt to society, I can't pay the fine, I'm a criminal for life!
No one escapes from Cidna mine. NO ONE.

OT: I wonder if they will address the issue of weapon plaques not working.

Apr 28, 2008
Wait, you mean the dragons just chillin' in the sky were a mistake?

Aw... what a shame. I thought it was rather nice to see the occasional dragon just fly around, not doing much, then leaving.

Also, what about the bug that happens when you save in your house, exit the game, start it up later, and all your furniture and walls are gone and all your items are on the floor?

Andronicus

Terror Australis
Mar 25, 2009
I've had a lot of minor glitches, nothing serious or game-breaking. The most common - and annoying - ones are those where the textures fail to load. It kinda shatters the immersion factor when you're fighting a giant, white spider-shaped blob in the middle of a cave that's missing a floor. I wonder if this is just me?

Daniel Park

Oct 10, 2010
I'm just waiting on a fix for my character's glowing eyes. There's one dragon shout (the whisper) that gives you permanently glowing eyes. The only way to get rid of them (on PC) is to open the console, sexchange yourself, and then sexchange back. But this is only a temporary fix. If you zoom into first person, the glowing eyes return as soon as you zoom back out. They also automatically come back whenever you start a new session. What a hassle.

Not-here-anymore

In brightest day...
Nov 18, 2009
Can they fix/change the thing where dragons just decide never to land? Makes fighting them a little trickier...

Also when they get distracted and fly off to torch a bear rather than engage with the greatest threat to their entire race.

Al-Bundy-da-G

Apr 11, 2011
Irridium said:
Wait, you mean the dragons just chillin' in the sky were a mistake?

Aw... what a shame. I thought it was rather nice to see the occasional dragon just fly around, not doing much, then leaving.

Also, what about the bug that happens when you save in your house, exit the game, start it up later, and all your furniture and walls are gone and all your items are on the floor?
Don't worry they still just cruise around, but on my PS3 they fly backwards and only move when you get close to them, or just hang in the sky stuck on a cloud.

Oh and the lags gotten much worse, so has follower AI, and still a lifetime criminal in Markarth.

Actually I don't think they fixed anything at, the cheeky bastards.

Hawk of Battle

Feb 28, 2009
I'm still noticing massive lagg in places, particularly Whiterun. Seems the patch did fuck all about that. The most annoying one though is the fact that my Morokei mask sometimes vanished, leaving no texture over my face. Very annoying as it means I need to reload a save to fix it.

AstylahAthrys

Apr 7, 2010
Greg Tito said:
Fixed occasional issue where a guest would arrive to the player's wedding dead
Honestly, I think that might qualify as a funny bug. Unless it was your spouse-to-be who shows up dead. That might not be so funny.

... I lied. That still is funny.

I actually have had almost no problems with bugs in Skyrim, so I'm not on the edge of my seat waiting for this patch.

GonzoGamer

Apr 9, 2008
TimeLord said:

Thank the gods! That damn bug made me give up on Marrige since the guest arrives dead your bride turns on you and refuses to marry you!
So it's like real life... I mean, it's like the Sims... you know what I mean.

I hope (but based on experience, not very optimistic) they really are able to fix the major problems like the freezing and stuttering on those big save files. That's the main thing holding me back from buying this. I don't mind weird things like corpses at a wedding, I just don't want to start really getting into the game and have it start crashing every 15 mins like other Bethesda games I've played.

I would be shocked if this fixes the serious issues. Usually their first patch for any game just nixes exploits the player can use to cheat xp and a couple of weird visual issues.

Agent Larkin

Apr 6, 2009
Until I see:

"Fixed issue of having giant spiders because a bunch of pansies, Yes that means you Agent Larkin, would have liked the choice to swap them with something else and not have to pay over 400 euro to upgrade their pc's so they could use a fan mod" (Xbox 360)

I'm still not buying it.

Tahmoh

Sep 1, 2008
Hope they fix the pathfinding bug for the Giant elk in the daedric quest Ill met by moonlight coz it's fricking annoying havingthe marker for the elk sat in a completly unreachable area just because i didnt equip my bow fast enough to shoot the damn thing to death before it ran off.

Warachia

Aug 11, 2009
This pisses me off because you shouldn't NEED to release any patches to make the games playable.
Why do people even buy these then if they are going to be so poorly programmed?

rembrandtqeinstein

Sep 4, 2009
So many fixes needed for pc:

1. skill books need to list which skills they train BEFORE you read them (fixed with mod)
2. enchanted items need to list whether or not you know the enchant before you lug all of them to the enchanting station
3. spell books in merchant inventory need to list whether or not you know the spell so you dont have to keep paper next to your desk with your spell list
4. more than 8 hotkeys including key chords with shift, alt, etc
5. let hotkeys choose which hand to equip by default, including double handed
6. bound weapons should be a buff, and equip themselves whenever you ready the spell if they are summoned, rather than go poof if you equip another spell
8. allow adjustment of video settings from within the game instead of going to the launcher
9. the targeting reticule should go red if you aim an illusion or raise spell at a target that is too powerful so you don't waste mana "testing" them

Ranorak

Tamer of the Coffee mug!
Feb 17, 2010
Does this mean that the lack of leveling in Followers is actually a feature, instead of a bug?

You know, the one that Lidya never actually gains stats even when she does level up?
Or other followers for that matter?

funksobeefy

Mar 21, 2009
Greg Tito said:
Hahaha! I never ran into this but I sure wish I did. That's hilarious!

praus

Jun 21, 2010
DustyDrB said:
-Aela won't use any bow I give her, but instead uses her hunting bow. So that Legendary Ebony bow I gave her is doing nothing. There's a pretty big damage difference between the two, and would be even larger if I gave her an enchanted one.
Did you try taking away her hunter bow? I had a few NPCs that wouldn't use the awesome item I gave them. I took away the crappy one and they used the better one.

DustyDrB

Made of ticky tacky
Jan 19, 2010
praus said:
DustyDrB said:
-Aela won't use any bow I give her, but instead uses her hunting bow. So that Legendary Ebony bow I gave her is doing nothing. There's a pretty big damage difference between the two, and would be even larger if I gave her an enchanted one.
Did you try taking away her hunter bow? I had a few NPCs that wouldn't use the awesome item I gave them. I took away the crappy one and they used the better one.
Yeah, I tried. She apparently has a default one that doesn't show up in her inventory. I took away her hunting bow, but she had another one. I tried to take that one, but it wasn't there. I'm on the 360, so no console commands available.

Anyway, I just dropped her for some Orc that I'm probably also going to drop soon (he's just boring). Then I'll probably just go back to Erandur, who is good at smashing people with the Mace of Molag Bal while lighting them on fire with his magic.