Skyrim. R.I.P. Companions.

Wuggy

Jan 14, 2010
R.I.P Jenassa, the Dark Elf mercenary.

Cause of death: Fus Ro Dah'd off the Throat of the World by... someone.

MintyNinja

Sep 17, 2009
Thank you Lydia for keeping my house in Whiterun tidy. I don't bring companions on assassinations. Or heists. Or walks. Stay at home and don't touch my stuff!

zokushi

Mar 20, 2009
R.I.P. Janessa

I married you because I had just gotten the quest and it sounded like a good idea at the time (thankyou Bethesda for allowing same sex marriage btw). After you bugged out in the temple then refused to learn how to properly sneak with me I felt it was time for a divorce. Then I learned there is no divorce in Skyrim. Till death do us part ... and you parted from me with a few arrows to the face in the middle of no where.

PS Thanks for the inheritance.

Thraxen

Sep 13, 2011
R.I.P random pilgrims who were at Eldergleam sanctuary. Also, screw you Maurice. not only were you a massive hassle to get there safely, you didn't even tell me about your other plan that would've saved everyone. I should have let the Spriggans get you.

Hydro14

Sep 23, 2010
R.I.P. Lydia - MIA somewhere between the dwarven complex containing the Elder Scroll and the Throat of the World. You may still be alive, but damned if I'm going to cover that much ground looking for you.

Abedeus

Sep 14, 2008
R.I.P Lydia.

Mysteriously disappeared when traveling between cities, despite surviving a giant stomping. Never to be found again.

Bucht

Apr 22, 2010
RIP Lydia who.. wait a minute she's not dead she's waiting at the Companions hideout where I had to swap her for another companion who's name I can't remember.

the saint83

Jun 24, 2010
R.I.P Lydia killed in tomb by powerfull Draugr Wright

R.I.P Uthgerd the Unbroken killed by giant in the attempt to rescue Gerda the Goat from my drunken mistakes

sumanoskae

Dec 7, 2007
R.I.P, Whatserface The Unbroken. Cause of death; The thickheaded dipshit charged straight in front of me as I was about to unleash Unrelenting Force at max level. It knocked her against a wall and she presumably cracked her skull, but I got some nice armor out of it, so I guess I should thank her for all the times she stood in doorways, stole my kills, and provided a momentary(Deadly) distraction to those pesky mages.

R.I.P Lydia, who was actually helpful. I accidentally set her on fire... Starting to see a pattern here...

theblackmonk90

Sep 28, 2010
TheSaw said:
I love how most of these are all Lydia too. Even if she is the first companion most will get.
Exactly. First to be got, first to be killed. Especially since no yet has that meta game knowledge of remembering whats just beyond that particular mountain pass...

Thyunda

May 4, 2009
I thought I'd be on here to type out Kharjo's obituary. But, actually, when that giant smacked him into the clouds, he just landed on his feet and carried on. I had actually given him up for dead. Twice.

Apparently it's not the health thing that enables them to die. I really don't know what it is.

Hydro14

Sep 23, 2010
Oh, forgot this one in my last post. It happenned in a discontinued timeline (A game that I reloaded afterwards) so I'll leave you to decide whether it really happenned or not.

RIP Parthuunax - Circumstances for this one are fairly obvious. I threw myself off a cliff afterwards. Also not accidental. I guess I just wanted a boss fight 'cos Alduin getting roflstomped by 3 dead heroes was kind of anticlimactic, not that Parthuunax was any better.

Googenstien

Jul 6, 2010
RIP Lydia - lost her lastnight on a "leveling up trip" I wandered around looking for trouble enjoying the sights. After a few ghosts, skeletons and a dragon all in a row.. we sought refuge in a cave and ran into a frost troll. Lydia didnt want to follow me running out and when I got out she wasnt there with me.. snuck back in and found her dead.

In her honor I did some "Messin' With Sasquatch" moments with the rather unbeatable troll at my level 11. And left her corpse there for him to eat.

mooncalf

<Insert Avatar Here>
Jul 3, 2008
Raddra said:
I don't use companions.. they're the bane of a stealthy assassin character.

Lydia is sat in my house guarding my chest of stuff.

She seems determined to sit in my room and eat all my bread though. Sheesh woman, you have a room of your own you know!

... I bet she watches me sleep too. While chewing on bread.
Yeah she's like a creepy russian bodyguard who wont go away. "Is fine here, is good, want bread? Is not so fresh..."

Sometimes she gets stuck in a loop of standing up and sitting down over and over and I have to get her to follow me just to stop her fidgeting...