Skyrim. R.I.P. Companions.

TheSaw

A flayed man holds no secrets.
Apr 22, 2011
I love how most of these are all Lydia too. Even if she is the first companion most will get.

Savagezion

Mar 28, 2010
Get Jiggy said:
R.I.P.
Lydia, have absolutely no idea where the hell you are, presumed dead.
I want my silver back.
LMAO.

R.I.P.
Lydia.
Killed by a dragon He must have known you pissed off a Dragonborn by constantly blocking the direction I needed to go in.

Quazimofo

Aug 30, 2010
odd, i got 3 companions before i got her (the elf guy in that one village to the southwest of where you start (after running from a dragon), the lady who you beat in a fistfight in whiterun i think, and uhh the guy from the companions.

nobody died yet though. that elf man even managed to take down a quarter of the first dragon's health all alone with his bow! and survived! if only i could remember his name.

Ieyke

Jul 24, 2008
RIP - Oh, wait, no one.

Lydia is alive and well in my house. Makes sure no one screws with my stuff.

My horse is my constant companion and landmark. I park him away from danger on a high perch and use him to keep my bearings as I go off to slay some sort of monstrosity. I refuse to leave any area without my horse. I will slay the same dragon as many times as I have to to do it without him killing my horse in the process(at most a dragon has only made him run away). Honestly tho, my horse is a badass. He's killed whole groups of bandits on his own. I'm not sure he COULDN'T take on a dragon.
Do horses level up, or are they all secretly as awesome as mine?
Or is it just because I named mine Sleipnir?

Swifty714

Jun 1, 2011
RIP Erondur. You tried to destroy the staff, I destroyed you in turn.

RIP Lydia. You talked a good fight, but those legion archers can put up a great argument.

cthulhumythos

Aug 28, 2009
lydia. cause of death unknown. possibly due to the hundreds of pounds of dragon bones you had to carry.

EHKOS

Madness to my Methods
Feb 28, 2010
R.I.P. Septimus. All you wanted was knowledge.
Lydia, I'm sorry I accidentally swiped you with my werewolf claw. At least we shared the view of Blackreach before you died.

devotedsniper

Dec 28, 2010
RIP Lydia, you were so stupid to walk into a trap... maybe i pushed you it's debatable since no one was around...

RIP shadowmere, i'm sorry my dear horse from oblivion you fell like 5 other horses from a big drop and died i thought you would get back up (like in oblivion) or respawn at the db base but no you didn't and you are forever lost...

scorptatious

The Resident Team ICO Fanboy
May 14, 2009
R.I.P Lydia.

I'm sorry I didn't save you from getting killed by those bandits.

RIP Allie the horse.

Well I assume you're dead because I haven't seen you since that one dragon attack.

RobCoxxy

Feb 22, 2009
R.I.P. Farkas, in true NPC fashion you ran in front of my shout and being thrown off a cliff in the process.

And, after watching my sister play, R.I.P. Random Horse aka "Chubbs", ridden off the bridge at Winterhold. She's not very smart.

Riddle78

Jan 19, 2010
R.I.P Every horse I've ever owned (about 30)

About five to ten KIA: Drops and arrows from enemies.
The rest MIA,presumed KIA. Bailed from them to fight something,and they were gone when I finished.

Agayek

Ravenous Gormandizer
Oct 23, 2008
I keep reloading an old save whenever Lydia dies, so I'm not sure it counts. I've killed her twice with Storm Call (the fucking lightning never hits the god damn dragon FFS) and once when she ran right in front of my power attack.

I would just leave her dead, but I didn't go to all the trouble of crafting and improving a second complete (and upgraded) set of Dragonbone Plate armor + shield for her to up and die on me.

That said, the primary reason I crafted said dragonbone armor was because I had a truly ridiculous amount of dragon remains. I keep stumbling across random-encounter dragons and what I term "roosts" (places on the map with a Word that dragons nest in) to a ridiculous degree. I'm level 33, I've unlocked ~9 shouts, 3 of which have been upgraded to 2 words and 2 with 3, and I still have 4 souls left over. It's kinda ridiculous, to be perfectly honest.

Richard Keohane

Dec 11, 2010
What the? I don't even... Lydia has tanked at least two dragons and 3 or 4 giants for me and not died. One of my complaints was that since companions couldn't die, it kind of made them overpowered. But... really? They CAN die?

Interesting.

Unesh52

May 27, 2010
R.I.P. Allie, my first horse. Killed by barbecue when I fast traveled right into the maw of a dragon. You couldn't run away from burning to death...

TheSaw said:
R.I.P Stray dog.

You randomly decided to follow me, but you activated a trap and got yourself squished against the ceiling. I then went and looted your corpse for anything, but you had nothing because you were just a stray dog.
I love how the first reaction to something dying in a game like this is to check its corpse for something valuable. Even if it was close to you. ...I probably would have looted Allie if I knew where the hell she was.