Skyrim. R.I.P. Companions.

JoesshittyOs

Aug 10, 2011
RIP horse.

If I had known that that 2 foot drop would have been the end of you, I would have stayed on the bridge.

Agayek

Ravenous Gormandizer
Oct 23, 2008
Mimsofthedawg said:
wait they can actually die?! When did this happen!?
Most of the time, it's a combination of poorly aimed "OH GOD IT HURTS!" abilities and AI that likes to blindly charge. Not really sure which.

Hashime

Jan 13, 2010
I don't actually have a dead companion story, Lydia is actually still alive because I find all the companions irritating and they always get in my way.

Since I play as a stealth assassin type character (love the throat cut animation) a companion just alerts the enemies and messes up my plan of attack.

dead.juice

Jul 1, 2011
R.I.P. my trusty horse in training.
When I first set my eyes on Skyrim, I knew what I wanted to do. I wanted to explore.
I knew I couldn't do it without someone like you in my life, I had to have you, no matter the cost.
I remember proudly walking up to the stables with 1000 warm, blood soaked coins.
As soon as I mounted you, I knew you were the one, you were worth every gold coin and more.
We laughed gaily as we sprinted across the fields together, we swam in the lakes, we ran over several bunnies for fun.
Then the day came, we packed our bags, locked the door, and headed for the other side of the world to find adventure. My heart was pumping with excitement, we were finally ready!
A few miles down the road we stopped at an old altar, there was a necromancer there, he told us to back off. You took a few steps too many toward him trying to turn around, and he turned you into smoldering ashes while I was still swinging myself off your back.
My best friend. My only friend...
He paid dearly, yes he did.

Amondren

Oct 15, 2009
R.I.P Lyndia you fell at the hands of a felmer even though you kicked so much dragon ass.

sgt. soap mctavish

Jun 13, 2010
A Raging Emo said:
Rest in Peace...

Lydia - KIA, fighting off Alik'r Warriors.

Orthern - KIA, fighting Necromancers.

Gary Jr - MIA, lost during Dragon attack outside of Whiterun, presumed dead.
I'm sorry i know this is irrelevant, but where did you get your profile picture?

Tips_of_Fingers

Jun 21, 2010
RIP Maurice.

You died bravely, trying to save me from a drug-dealing Khajiit just outside of Whiterun. I watched in shock as the chemically-enhanced thug pick you up and unceremoniously slammed you head-first into the cobbled street.

Then I rammed my blade through his heart, dropping the corpse onto your own twisted body.

It should have been Lydia...but shhhh, don't tell her that.

freaper

snuggere mongool
Apr 3, 2010
Y'all doin' it wrong. Mules aren't supposed to fight!

Nonetheless, Lydia did die to a giant, 5 Falmors (s?) and a dragon.

Church256

Jul 24, 2008
RIP Horse. You ran into the mouth of a dragon and I'm glad you did because my new horse has at least some brains.

Also the only time Lydia has died was when I died immediately after the first time we attacked a giant which sent us both into low orbit.

A Pious Cultist

Jul 4, 2009
Get Jiggy said:
R.I.P.
Lydia, have absolutely no idea where the hell you are, presumed dead.
I want my silver back.
If you went in that one graybeard dungeon you may want to go and run back through the first level of it. For some reason she got stuck in Wait mode there for me. DAMMIT BETH, ADD MAP MARKERS FOR THEM... and make them back off in doorways... and fix the UI... and make the dragons easier to get into sword range... and make me a nice sandwich... and give everyone other that the UI and companion designer a raise for making a great game.

Zeren

Aug 6, 2011
RIP Lydia. (she dies alot huh?) You protected me from 15 zombie nords when I was still a squishy mageling.

shrekfan246

Not actually a Japanese pop star
May 26, 2011
Fagotto said:
This is why I don't bring companions along with me. I knew if I told Lydia or one of the mages at the college to follow me they'd probably die a horrible death XD
Precisely. However, Lydia is quite resilient, at least at the start of the game. She got sent into orbit about three times and took seven direct other hits from the first giant I ever attacked and is still alive. She stays home now.

I have lost a horse though. Two to be perfectly frank, but the first one I lost I died as well as the both of us went tumbling down the side of a mountain so I had to reload my save. The same horse was later roasted by some particularly annoying novice fire mages in a random fort.

Imperioratorex Caprae

Henchgoat Emperor
May 15, 2010
RIP Demiani's horse.
You survived 2 dragons. You killed numerous bandits. You defended my life with honor against wolves and Saber Cats alike, and even trampled that Argonian Dark Brotherhood Assassin... but the one thing you couldn't beat was the Forlorn Shaman... I shall miss you my horse companion. At least until I return to the stables...

Galamere

Aug 7, 2007
R.I.P Lydia, you got pounced on by the Falamers (sp, those creepy underground guys) while I was looting their shaman.

On a fun note, I did start a new character as I wanted a different play style, made a smith with 2-handers. gave her some flawless Dwarven Armor, nothing touches her now ^_^

Raddra

Trashpanda
Jan 5, 2010
I don't use companions.. they're the bane of a stealthy assassin character.

Lydia is sat in my house guarding my chest of stuff.

She seems determined to sit in my room and eat all my bread though. Sheesh woman, you have a room of your own you know!

... I bet she watches me sleep too. While chewing on bread.

Swifty714

Jun 1, 2011
I have a new member to add to my list.

RIP Allie the Horse. You always looked up at the stars in envy, and you have now joined them.

That giant that hit you into orbit helped.