Skyrim spawns a meme.

Jaythulhu

Jun 19, 2008
ChupathingyX said:
Also I'd like to point out that the Chimera driver doesn't actually say that; the Commissar is the one who says it when he loads into the Chimera.
Lol, I know, but it was late & I was lazy.

Gazoinks

Mar 30, 2011
Used to take an arrow to the knee, but then I took an arrow to the knee.

I don't know what it is about TES, their guards are just always so hilarious. XD

General Vagueness

Feb 24, 2009
weker said:
General Vagueness said:
weker said:
it's been overused to "oblivion" already, the internet has already ran a possibly good internet meme into the ground, and now just makes me sad.
The first I heard of it was a minute ago in a comment on the latest Extra Punctuation and it's already been run into the ground? There are a few possibilities here:
1. you're underestimating what the Internet can do
2. you have a 4chan or anti-4chan type of viewpoint (not that there's anything wrong with that)
3. I'm going to be surprised
4. ???
5. I can has over 9000 arrows to the knee, desu~?
3, it's hard to move more then one maybe two web pages without it popping up, and is been used loads more then the Cake is a lie.
I think you're severely underestimating how common "the cake is a lie" was-- and still is

opiwankenobi

Oct 10, 2008
Sparrow said:
I'm much more of a fan of the Fus Ro Dah meme. Hearing that then seeing real people get thrown great distances? That shit is just priceless.

For your viewing pleasure:
I used to like scrubs, but then I took an arrow the knee.

EDIT: Damn. I can`t embed videos :(
http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=vS5PjIjOHAY

Khundes

Mar 25, 2011
And now for something slightly different:

"I took an arrow to the knee, but then I ate some oranges and it was k."

Nalbis

Oct 6, 2008
I don't mind memes, actually I chuckle to them far more than I probably should. I do quite like the ones Skyrim has spawned though hah.

Trippy Turtle

Elite Member
May 10, 2010
Its not just YouTube. Its everywhere including the escapist. I really wish Youtubers had more original comments rather then "Thumbs up if...", "Justin Beiber is gay thumbs up" or "ONE M0:00RE TIME"

Zantos

Jan 5, 2011
I just saw this get shared on Facebook, and, yeah. It's just brilliant. I love his response to the dragon.

omega 616

Elite Member
May 1, 2009
It must be piss easy to be a guard in skyrim, it's like you can't fail.

Come on, an arrow goes through your knee ... that is medieval knee capping, meaning it's near imposable (as far as I know) to walk, yet these guards are patrolling like guards on MGS!

No hint of a limp or anything, must not have been much of an arrow.

I wonder what the requirements are to being a guard, "can you memorize these lines?", "can you swarm any wrong doers?", "can you wear this outfit?" ... "if you answered yes to all of the above, congrats you are now a guard!".

willis888

May 18, 2010
LaughingAtlas said:
You know what's wrong with the internet?(skyrim) Everyone is obsessed with memes!(death)
I must have heard that one every fucking time I went to Whiterun.
There's a nip in the air...won't be good for my crops...it never is.

It's like, "I know Whiterun Farmer Guy, I know, you've told me the last 80 times I walked through that gate."

And you want to know what's really wrong with Skyrim these days? Fucking dragons.

WINDOWCLEAN2

Jan 12, 2009
"I don't always take an arrow to the knee..

But when I do, I stop being an adventurer like you."

I really just think it should be taken as a good bit of dumb fun

rupyTN

MorObliviOut3Skyrim
Jul 20, 2010
Sparrow said:
I'm much more of a fan of the Fus Ro Dah meme. Hearing that then seeing real people get thrown great distances? That shit is just priceless.

For your viewing pleasure:

Oh Jesus, Sparrow, that clip is FFFing hilarious. OMG, i was expecting an extract out of the game showing some poor sod getting knocked off his feet and thrown a ways back.

Oh man, I had to leave the room and go for a walk outside in case someone here at work thought my beer fridge had passed away or something, so many tears.

Massive thumbs up mate, and another donut for the fool on the clip.

... I guess 'Fus Ro Dah' is old dragonish for 'WTF'

Futurenerd

The Man With the Golden Bun
Oct 28, 2009
Jack the Potato said:
I got to kneeing, maybe I'M the arrow, but then I took a sweetroll to my cousin.
Most of the words in that sentence made no sense.