Skyrim Will Feature Tentacle Bears ... Maybe

Keepitclean

Sep 16, 2009
Where did they get tentacle bear from? It's the corpse of a four tusked mammoth being stood over by a bear.

Damn you Escapist, all gettin' my hopes up and shit.

Serioli

Mar 26, 2010
Tentacle bear, pah, it needs to be crossed with something REALLY scary!

http://artorder.blogspot.com/2009/09/finally.html

Bernzz

Assumed Lurker
Legacy
Mar 27, 2009
Country
Australia
Definitely a mammoth with a bear over it.

I wanna fight mammoths, now.

But yeah, tentacle bears would be cool, but that ain't one.

The Funslinger

Corporate Splooge
Sep 12, 2010
Braedan said:
Clearly a wooly mammoth... I was trying really hard to find the bear's tentacles but the tusks kept getting in the way...

That said, Staff, sword combo is PURE GOLD.
YOU SHALL NOT PASS!

so this topic is now moot?

Raven_Operative

Dec 21, 2010
Fappy said:
PrometheanFlame said:
The tentacle bear is for the Japanese version only.

*His work done, Captain Obvious returns to the Obvious Cave!*
Coincidentally the Japanese version also has an all teenage girl NPC cast.
with blue/purple/pink spiky hair.

Dexiro

Dec 23, 2009
I'm sure everyone knows it's a bear and a wooly mammoth, but I'm still hoping Bethesda might notice the demand for tentacle bears :D

BENZOOKA

This is the most wittiest title
Oct 26, 2009
It's a bear behind a mammoth. Clearly.

Those images look fantastic though. I only hope it's everything it's cracked up to be.

Desert Tiger

Apr 25, 2009
The Typical American said:
DaxStrife said:
Tentacle bears are bad, but it could be worse; it could be dickwolves.
Alright, that's it. I've thought everything was funny so far, but I just couldn't hold my composure after reading this, I just laughed out loud.

... There's nothing classier than a tentacle bear with a monacle.
Dickwolves are an actual thing made by Penny Arcade. They had like five strips devoted to them and you can buy the T-shirts of them off of their store.

newwiseman

Aug 27, 2010
Braedan said:
newwiseman said:
Braedan said:
Clearly a wooly mammoth... I was trying really hard to find the bear's tentacles but the tusks kept getting in the way...

Seriously dual wielding in Skyrim FTW,.. anyone?
Personally I'm not a big fan of duel weilding, because usually it only boils down to, two stupid weapons (like long swords) that don't even work in combat, and nothing else. But this is what duel wielding should be... whatever we feel like it being....
I'd have to agree with you there.

I think we can all agree the combat in the Elder Scrolls Series, and most games, has always been a bit dodgy and ...repetitive or statue-esq. I tend to use long swords just because I can never accurately judge distance to target without just standing there getting hit.

I like to see a game with the myth, legend, and story of TES with something closer to the combat of Vindictus. Something not completely hack-n-slash, since you can dodge around, but with a nice way to manage magic and physical attacks at the same time without it becoming too confusing or becoming a single repetitive button push. With combos to do based on your current level in the 'style' of combat and the weapons, magics being used. I think I'd really just like to see the way the character swings and moves affected by what they are holding and how much it "weighs", no longer being a generic swing regardless of if they are holding a sword, axe, staff, or club while standing perfectly straight up; AND, I feel that dual wielding any combination of weapons could be well explored in a physics heavy environment. Hell the ability to pick stuff up without it just floating in air would be a mind-blowing improvement to the franchise.

Maybe I'm being too naive but, I think the consoles are powerful enough and Bethesda has to talent to, if they wanted to, do that. Especially since they made a new damned engine for the game.

Braedan

Sep 14, 2010
newwiseman said:
Braedan said:
newwiseman said:
Braedan said:

Seriously dual wielding in Skyrim FTW,.. anyone?
Personally I'm not a big fan of duel weilding, because usually it only boils down to, two stupid weapons (like long swords) that don't even work in combat, and nothing else. But this is what duel wielding should be... whatever we feel like it being....
I'd have to agree with you there.

I think we can all agree the combat in the Elder Scrolls Series, and most games, has always been a bit dodgy and ...repetitive or statue-esq. I tend to use long swords just because I can never accurately judge distance to target without just standing there getting hit.

*SNIP*

Maybe I'm being too naive but, I think the consoles are powerful enough and Bethesda has to talent to, if they wanted to, do that. Especially since they made a new damned engine for the game.
Here here! I say in house build engine = No excuses for things like ridiculous bugs, or "limitations" for things, since they built it to what they wanted, and were not manipulating something to their demands. Looks like they're well from what I've seen though.

ChaosReaver

Sep 4, 2009
It would be awesome to have some sort of land kraken.

Or a sea kraken if they weren't feeling particularly adventurous.

Captain Bobbossa

Jun 1, 2009
It looks more like a bear has just beaten the shit into the krakken and is standing over it. tbh that wouldnt be a fair fight considering there on land. Mabye the bear went fishing.

zingobingo4

Feb 2, 2011
Though seriously, compare the typical beasts from Morrowind (Nix Hounds, Alit, Kagouti) to the ones from Oblivion (Rats, Wolves, Bears). If Skyrim can hit that sweet spot in-between the two extremes, I think that we have an awesome game on our hands. (also, I want to be able to ride a silt strider. That would be EPIC!)

Sean Kenny

Mar 22, 2011
Haha this made me laugh, its clearly a slain wooly mammoth and a bear standing on two legs....I hope that this was a joke

Blastinburn

Apr 13, 2011
While I think it would be awesome to have tentacle bears in Skyrim, just the thought of what the internet would do with it makes me shudder. [shiver] <-(not a new line, just ran out of space)
Though I'm sure that after this whole confusion, the modding community is sure to splice together something to make this real.