Skyrim Will Feature Tentacle Bears ... Maybe

Dec 26, 2010
DaxStrife said:
Tentacle bears are bad, but it could be worse; it could be dickwolves.
Alright, that's it. I've thought everything was funny so far, but I just couldn't hold my composure after reading this, I just laughed out loud.

... There's nothing classier than a tentacle bear with a monacle.

TitanAtlas

Oct 14, 2010
vansau said:
TitanAtlas said:
Its a dead mamoth with a roaring bear behind it.... why do you have the need to fail this hard my friend!?
OK, would you have really read an article that was just about new concept art? It was a goofy image and I thought it was funny that other sites were reporting on the whole idea of a "tentacle bear". It was a fun, goofy way to write an article and most people seem to enjoy it. Sorry you didn't.
im sowwy.... i still find it like a funny idea :3

Cookiegerard

Aug 27, 2009
Tyrany42 said:
Aethren said:
Staff and Sword dual-wield? Actual big bushy viking beards?

Omg, my Gandalf fantasies can finally come true!
I. Con. Cur. Now just pray for pointy hats. Oh, PLEASE, Elder Scrolls, just give us pointy hats!
Damn it! Pray faster! We are running out of time!

BenzSmoke

Nov 1, 2009
I'm pretty sure that's a grizzly bear standing over the festering corpse of a mammoth... yeah.

emion

Feb 3, 2011
pretty sure thats just a bear standing over a dead mammoth. the face is halfway down in the snow so the "tentacle" is the horns :I

TikiShades

May 6, 2009
Dude, I want the mammoth to have tentacle tusks, and he attacks by tickling the player and giggling as he does so.

My character would die sooo many times to tickling elephants. <3

GonzoGamer

Apr 9, 2008
lacktheknack said:
What should actually happen: There's exactly one tentacle bear hidden somewhere for fan-service alone.
They may as well, I hear Bigfoot is going to be all over the place - for the San Andreas fans no doubt.

Nice pics. IDK, Considering how much I loved Oblivion and Fallout 3, I should be a lot more excited about this title... but I'm not.

KaiserBear

Apr 9, 2009
If you look closely at the head of the Mammoth, it appears to be wearing some sort of harness ( what appears to be a leather strap runs across the forehead, with a second one over the jawline and base of the trunk). Perhaps the Mammoth is available as a mount? Riding a mammoth would be pretty damn cool.

I'd like to actually be able to fight from horseback (er, mount...back? mammothback?) though. I got tired of having my horse in TES4 die because I dismounted to fight something while it ran off and got killed by something 3 hills over.

Or proved to be entirely ineffective in the present combat.

Or had a tendency to jump in front of my arrows.

Or jump off of cliffs.

You get my point, horses in TES4 were downright retarded (yes, even Shadowmere, though he wouldn't stay dead forever).

newwiseman

Aug 27, 2010
Braedan said:
Clearly a wooly mammoth... I was trying really hard to find the bear's tentacles but the tusks kept getting in the way...

That said, Staff, sword combo is PURE GOLD.
Seriously dual wielding in Skyrim FTW,.. anyone?

Braedan

Sep 14, 2010
newwiseman said:
Braedan said:
Clearly a wooly mammoth... I was trying really hard to find the bear's tentacles but the tusks kept getting in the way...

That said, Staff, sword combo is PURE GOLD.
Seriously dual wielding in Skyrim FTW,.. anyone?
Personally I'm not a big fan of duel weilding, because usually it only boils down to, two stupid weapons (like long swords) that don't even work in combat, and nothing else. But this is what duel wielding should be... whatever we feel like it being....

KafkaOffTheBeach

Nov 17, 2010
We, the internet, need to petition Bethesda to create the tentacle Bear.
Even if it was DLC, it would be worth it.
Also, if they fail in creating such a mightily unbalanced, no doubt glitchy as New Vegas beast - Bearoctopus will be the first mod released for Skyrim.
I'm calling it.

Krantos

Jun 30, 2009
?:|

I don't see it. I'm not really sure where people get tentacle-bear out of that picture. It's an older pic, and I never for a second thought it was anything but a bear standing over a mammoth.

My first thought was: "Wow, they're going to have Mammoths!"

My second thought was: "How did a bear that size bring down a mammoth that much bigger than it?"