Skyrim- your dual weapons choice

Kris015

Some kind of Monster
Feb 21, 2009
A bow, 2 daggers as alt and also 2 cartwheels as a tribute to Unforgotten Realms (which seems to have sadly been forgotten by most)

caviar1

Sep 23, 2010
alright, wrong thread ik but how are they handling dual wield controls (im an xboxer so pc gamers disregard)? is it gonna be right trggr to attack with two weapons and left trggr to block (ie oblivion) or like right trggr right hand, left trggr left hand and block with both (condemned) or maybe block with clicking the corresponding stick? i think that last one would be awesome cause i dont like two weapons being mapped to one button, i think it adds immersion to have direct control over both hands (take dual wield examples from L4D and Halo, i enjoyed the latter).

Tanner The Monotone

I'm Tired. What else is new?
Aug 25, 2010
GrizzlerBorno said:
I'm a total N00B to Elder Scrolls.....so I'll probably pick up the nearest stick and throw it at my enemies or sth.....

But seriously, Suggestions?
How about your two guns, your left and right arm!

DeadlyYellow

Jun 18, 2008
Two axes. I like the feel of an axe more than a sword.

Too bad the best weapon in the game will be a sword. It's always swords. Not even interesting swords like a shamshir or falchion, just a heavily enchanted boring old longsword.

CrustyOatmeal

Jul 4, 2010
im goin ninja so i would have to say dual daggers because nothing says dead like a dagger in the neck and in the back

Twad

Nov 19, 2009
bow for ranged, short sword + dagger for melee. Magic only used for situational buffs and heals.

At least.. in theory, that's what i would use.
But in practice? Lets wait and see.

Oblivion loved magic and made it simply best in everything.
I just hope Skyrim will be reasonably balanced for the rogue/warrior/mage "builds".

artanis_neravar

Apr 18, 2011
DeadlyYellow said:
Two axes. I like the feel of an axe more than a sword.

Too bad the best weapon in the game will be a sword. It's always swords. Not even interesting swords like a shamshir or falchion, just a heavily enchanted boring old longsword.
I have noticed that (with the exception of Sunder in Morrowind). I think all the weapons should be basically equal.

OT: I'm going full Mel Gibson in The Patriot, a dagger and a hatchet. or if I could, and they were actually good weapons, dual spears

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
And here I was, thinking two shields would be unique.

But that. I want to role play as an "exploding tank" (someone who's VERY hard to kill and stands around doing area of effect spells all day).

Easton Dark

Jan 2, 2011
I'll dual wield rainbows so I wont even have to fight.

My enemies will be all like, "DOUBLE RAINBOW!"

dancinginfernal

Sep 5, 2009
My best friends Geoffrey and Karen.

Seriously, weapons are just for people who don't have fists. And I do.