Skywind Mod Jams Morrowind Into Skyrim

Callate

Dec 5, 2008
Nice idea, but Morrowind just doesn't seem like Morrowind without sand storms cutting down your viewing distance. Maybe they'll put that in later- it certainly seemed like Skyrim had weather effects that could be adapted.

WanderingFool

Apr 9, 2009
Shinsei-J said:
blackrave said:
Unless it involves time travel this mod makes no sense lorewise
Vvardenfell should be ash wasteland, instead they made it to look like in TES3
I'm pretty sure it's just a case of "Play the old game you love through the new game you love" for graphical and gameplay reasons.
Good enough for me, Morrowind's combat sucked.

Smooth Operator

Oct 5, 2010
Highly doubt this thing will be left alone, they didn't let it go through before and they aren't getting any softer now.

And imported models are a long way from the full playable experience.

recruit00

Sep 18, 2010
j-e-f-f-e-r-s said:
Got to be honest, I really don't see the point.

I mean, from that video, Morrowind looks like ass when ported to the Skyrim build of the Gamebryo engine. The textures are still flat and basic, the ploy count still low, and the lack of fog or mist robs everything of the Morrowidn atmosphere.

There are already countless mods which update the game to have better textures, higher poly models, better lighting and such. In fact, the latest Morrowind Visual Overhaul video on youtube looks pretty damn stunning. I don't really see what porting the game to Skyrim offers that countless visual mods haven't already done.
Yeah, when I first saw these screens, I was very disappointed. Morrowind is supposed to be dark, gloomy, and swampy with some deserty areas. Bloom and lens flare should not exist in Morrowind. If Morrowind had its original atmosphere with better graphics, good combat, and a good quest log, I would play it. It'd be better than Skyrim...

Necrofudge

May 17, 2009
This mission good and honorable and must be backed by as much money as possible.

Putting Morrowind in a game makes it 10x better in my book. They might as well include it in non-Bethesda games, too.

tangoprime

Renegade Interrupt
May 5, 2011
Mcoffey said:
Fanghawk said:
This is traditionally the point I would start getting worried about <a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/119465-Fans-Petition-to-Save-Ambitious-Lord-of-the-Rings-Mod>ceast-and-desist notices to deter copyright infringement, but since Skywind actually requires a copy of Morrowind to play anyway, it may neatly circumvent the issue. In fact, this could be a great example of a modification prompting fans to purchase the original content. While I've only played Skyrim, I know Elder Scrolls fans who swear up and down that Morrowind is the best of the series, and a project like this might give me that final nudge I need to finally try it out.

The alpha version of Skywind is scheduled for release in early 2013.

Source: PC Gamer

Didn't Bethesda throw out a Cease-and-Desist on Morroblivion though? You needed Morrowind for that too.

Either way, Skyrim is definitely lacking in interesting content. I wouldn't mind having some good quests to do.
Yeah, if I recall correctly, Morroblivion got a C&D too, even though it require both, because you couldn't use assets from one game in modifying another, even if requires both. Shame... get it while you can people.

Li Mu

Oct 17, 2011
Irridium said:
Hm, it'd be nice to play Morrowind with combat that isn't total ass.
Perhaps you and I played very different versions of Morrowind.
Combat in Morrowind = HACK HACK HACK HACK HACK HACK HACK HACK *enemy dies*
Combat in Skyrim = *try to do some cool move and fail* HACK HACK HACK HACK HACK HACK HACK *enemy dies*

Anyway, this mod seems too good to be true. So I will pretend it doesn't exist until it is actually released.

Apr 28, 2008
Li Mu said:
Irridium said:
Hm, it'd be nice to play Morrowind with combat that isn't total ass.
Perhaps you and I played very different versions of Morrowind.
Combat in Morrowind = HACK HACK HACK HACK HACK HACK HACK HACK *enemy dies*
Combat in Skyrim = *try to do some cool move and fail* HACK HACK HACK HACK HACK HACK HACK *enemy dies*

Anyway, this mod seems too good to be true. So I will pretend it doesn't exist until it is actually released.
Alright, combat that is less ass. I like being able to block when I want based on timing instead of having blocking be automatic and based on how high a stat is.

Bloodstain

Jun 20, 2009
Morrowind is my most favourite game of all time.

In that spirit: YES, YES PLEASE, I LOVE YOU.

Edit: Next, please add Solstheim and Mournhold.
And, you know, if you ever need a kidney or anything after an accident, just call me up. I owe you one.

EHKOS

Madness to my Methods
Feb 28, 2010
Question. Why not wait until the last game, and THEN put all this work in. Or maybe Bethesda will make the last game have all the locations...that would be amazing...and huge. Like...idek how many blu-rays...NOW I WANT IT!

Folji

Jul 21, 2010
Mcoffey said:
Didn't Bethesda throw out a Cease-and-Desist on Morroblivion though? You needed Morrowind for that too.
They did do that, didn't they? Almost certain they did. Something about directly reusing assets from the old games was frowned on while suggesting that remaking it, on the other hand, would be okay.

Truglington

Nov 28, 2007
Why don't they realize that all the attention and immediate sales Oblivion got, which led to Skyrim's success, was wholly correlated to Morrowind on Xbox? In other words, REMAKE MORROWIND ALREADY! But better, of course.

Li Mu

Oct 17, 2011
Irridium said:
Alright, combat that is less ass. I like being able to block when I want based on timing instead of having blocking be automatic and based on how high a stat is.

Well I can't argue with you on that because I've never used a shield in either games. I'm a duel wielding ranger.

seule

Jul 21, 2008
Similar thing was done with fallout 3 and new vegas, although in that case the two games were closer together.

But as to how they get around the copyright? Probably require you the user to provide some of the resources from Morrowind, which would require you having Morrowind.

immortalfrieza

Elite Member
Legacy
May 12, 2011
Country
USA
Mr.Tea said:
The point is not to make Vvardenfell appear in Skyrim so the Dragonborn can visit it; the point is to play Morrowind (Nerevarine, story, setting, time-period and all) in the Skyrim engine.
I hope that's what this mod is, Morrowind (or Oblivion either for that matter) hasn't aged well, either graphically or gameplaywise, and I'd love to see a mod that helps bridge the gap between Morrowind and Skyrim.